Home

Free Download Codes for the NBA 2K13 All Star DLC (via Sprite)

This is a discussion on Free Download Codes for the NBA 2K13 All Star DLC (via Sprite) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2013, 12:49 AM   #25
Rookie

jj06's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Free Download Codes for the NBA 2K13 All Star DLC (via Sprite)

wow wish i woulda saw this 3 hours ago...

so i get home late from work to catch the last round of the slam dunk contest..lil bro says i should download the all-star dlc. so we hook up the xbox & i spend the $5 for 400 points and download this **** for 200 points. I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

didnt even need to download the rising stars challenge cause it was on there from yesterday (along with wrong rosters and jerseys)

this crap 3 point contest that sucks

the guitar hero slam dunk contest

only good this was the all-star game itself. definitely not what i expected or was hoping for
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #26
Rookie

Jaifer's Arena

OVR: 1

For those of us who missed out on the codes, did we actually MISS anything??

Who's lyrically messin' with Royce? Lol!

PSN: epp1212
Old 02-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Anyone happen to get a spare code they'd be willing to share? I was too late on this.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:48 AM   #28
Rookie

corndog86's Arena

OVR: 1

Complete horse****

2k fail... Won't buy another 2k game until 2k16! Maybe by then, I'll be able to simulate games again and play a full career. Until then...
Old 02-18-2013, 03:49 AM   #29
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog86
Complete horse****

2k fail... Won't buy another 2k game until 2k16! Maybe by then, I'll be able to simulate games again and play a full career. Until then...
We'll really miss you.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Old 02-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 14

I'm shocked no one is complaining how expensive this free download was lol
Old 02-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaifer
For those of us who missed out on the codes, did we actually MISS anything??
I'll try to keep it brief because I've been so long-winded about this in other threads, but I do not believe you're missing a ton. I love the idea of an official dunk contest and three point shootout but I found both modes to be very poorly executed.

For starters, the dunk contest does not allow the gamer to control the player. A gamer selects which type of dunk they'd like to see happen, then cut scenes play of your player beginning their turn, running toward the hoop, and beginning their takeoff. Then everything goes super slow motion and a Guitar Hero screen pops up, where the gamer must then input a 20 button sequence that does not at all correlate to the actions of the dunker. Depending on how accurate that input is, the dunk may or may not go in, and a score of 1-100 is given.

The 3-point contest felt incredibly clunky and unresponsive to me. The idea of making a functional shootout seems much simpler than the complexities of dunk control and creation, but it still seems to fail. As I mentioned elsewhere, it may be the least responsive controls I've encountered on the XBox360. It is very difficult to find a consistent, flowing groove. Instead, many gamers will settle for playing this shootout like a robot: press button to grab, let animation play out until player is standing idle, press button to shoot, let entire animation play out until player is standing completely idle, repeat. It just does not replicate the feel of performing a basketball action on any level. Further, many of the releases seem a little jacked up.

Essentially, I did not find either mode to be particularly enjoyable, nor realistic in their control schemes. As such, I do not believe anyone's really missing out here.

All that said, I'd love to see this mode fixed up, altered, and brought back for 2K14. There's a lot of potential in an All-Star Weekend mode. I actually think 2K's best course of action may be not trying to completely re-invent the wheel. I think it's okay to borrow ideas and schemes from past video game dunk contests and three point shootouts. There's a reason why folks have such fond memories of NBA Live 05's All-Star Weekend effort.

Last edited by VDusen04; 02-18-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2013, 12:42 PM   #32
Just started!

OVR: 0

how the h e double hockey sticks do u download this thing i need help on downloading this code thing

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »