Home

NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (4-3-13)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (4-3-13) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (4-3-13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyklug2013
Regarding the Jazz, how does that come into effect with Hayward getting updated? They upgrade Magic players all the time, and they're terrible. Besides, Utah is a great team for how young they are. How have they been, "pretty bad?"

I don't think players should get increases if they are on a short hot streak. If they are playing well for a month or so, then upgrade him. A few games where a guy like JR is killin' it? I don't think so.
JR Smith is having a Career Year I'm sorry I don't know why you don't like him
Old 04-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #58
Rookie

Quote:
Yes, I firmly believe Chandler Parsons is a better overall player than JR. JR is a scorer, Parsons is a much more efficient player on both sides of the court.
LMAO wow... JR Smith is a much better player than Chandler Parsons... I like Chandler Parsons game a lot but JR Smith is a MUCH better player than Chandler Parson... and if you think Chandler Parsons is better than Jr Smith because of Field goal percentage that's crazy... and Smith has a higher Efficiency rating than Parson LOL... I have yet to see Parson take over a game this year or be the first option offensively or even Second Option for the Rockets this season...
Old 04-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #59
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj2008nw
JR Smith is having a Career Year I'm sorry I don't know why you don't like him
Again, he's having a career year because of increased shot attempts and minutes. Percentage-wise, this is his worst season yet.

Sorry that I'm not a Knicks fan.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 04-03-2013, 10:13 PM   #60
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

J.R. and consistency just don't go together lol. The insider needs help as in someone with access to Synergy sports. The rosters show that closed mouths don't get fed and it becomes a popularity contest. There are so many players that are not getting touched but they are far off. I think they need to outsource this to someone at Synergy or NBA.com at least most of the bias will be gone.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:22 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I was trying to avoid this conversation, but know I feel like that I got to jump in.

I'm calling B.S. right now. Basketball IS a stat-based game. Period. There are some intangibles that can't be measured, but most of the NBA 2K ratings can be DIRECTLY linked to a basketball stat.

Anytime I read this comment, it's always someone who want to give out ratings based on "reputation" and "overall career" instead of the CURRENT season that the player is playing now.

When I examine the New York Knicks roster, Smith, Shumpert, Kidd, Martin, and Camby are more than likely overrated. However, I'll get to that in a moment.
out of all the Knicks players you named the only player that is overrated is Camby and maybe Kidd.... and Kenyon Martin has been a good pick up for the Knicks this season

Basketball is not Baseball YOU CANT NOT JUDGE A PLAYER based on stats alone let alone ratings....

you have to look at how they are getting their points and what kind of offensive system they are running for a player and what scoring option they are on the roster
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 10:23 PM   #62
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

The sad thing is that if Hayward was on either LA team, Knicks, Heat, Celtics, or OKC he'd be sitting at 80 right now.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 04-03-2013, 10:25 PM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Again, he's having a career year because of increased shot attempts and minutes. Percentage-wise, this is his worst season yet.

Sorry that I'm not a Knicks fan.
LOL I'm not a Knicks fan either but i'm not going to down a player having a good season because he plays for a big market team and I'm guessing your team is in a small market smh ...

If you feel like your team and favorite players aren't being updated fine but don't bash Smith because the Insider isn't doing his job
Old 04-03-2013, 10:33 PM   #64
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

As for J.R. Smith...the first thought that comes to my mind is how is an one-dimensional offensive player rated higher than a well-rounded player like Paul George?

When I review his PER production at 82games.com, I can see that his defensive stats (DAWR, DEF, STL) are overrated. When Smith is playing SG, he's basically outscoring his opponent. When Smith is playing SF, his opponents are lighting him up offensively.

The Knicks have the 3rd highest ORTG, so Smith's high rebounding is more a product of the high number of available possessions. As a result, his DREB rating is too high as well.

Now, either Smith's MED rating is overrated or Paul George's MED is underrated. George is shooting 37% and Smith is shooting 40% since ASW, but there's a 10 point gap between the two. Lastly, his LAYUP and SIT ratings might be high too, since he's completing 66.7% of his driving layups.

In short, Smith's an athletic, scoring machine who has a good jumper who can explode for high number of points on any given night which makes Microwave a good signature skill to have for him. Other than that, I really didn't see too many other stats that wasn't too far-fetched for him.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 04-03-2013 at 10:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »