Home

my career in nba 2k14

This is a discussion on my career in nba 2k14 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2013, 12:15 AM   #9
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: my career in nba 2k14

It shouldn't be easy to make it to the NBA.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #10
Banned

I would love for the summer league to come back. They need to fix rebounding there are too many offensive rebounds and the boxing out is broken. Shooting needs to be fixed. During the game too many shots go in. Defense needs to be fixed too. More blocks and on ball defense.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:43 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

There are some features like the D-league, Draft combine and Summer League that should never have been taken out in the first place. I know there were some people who complained that it took too long to get to the NBA in the older 2k games that had these features but why be in a hurry to get to the NBA anyway? We all know it can get pretty boring pretty fast once you're in the NBA. I've always enjoyed the experience or "road" to the NBA much more than actually getting there. But that's just me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2013, 05:01 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobox88
There are some features like the D-league, Draft combine and Summer League that should never have been taken out in the first place. I know there were some people who complained that it took too long to get to the NBA in the older 2k games that had these features but why be in a hurry to get to the NBA anyway? We all know it can get pretty boring pretty fast once you're in the NBA. I've always enjoyed the experience or "road" to the NBA much more than actually getting there. But that's just me.
I feel the same way I feel the road to the nba should be tough should not be just one game and then you're done. We don't have a college. Game so it should be a longer process to make it to the nba. They need to add summer stuff we can do after every season as well and after 4 years you go to the Olympic Games.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #13
Rookie

Rondorampage9's Arena

OVR: 2

I would love for it to come back, the way it works now is just silly. One game decides where you'll be getting drafted? C'mon now!
Old 08-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #14
Rookie

Metapod's Arena

This is what they need to do. When you create your player all you choose is the name, height, weight, year of birth, personality, how they look, and position. After that you do the combine which will determine what play-style you are based on how you do in each drill, then you play the rookie showcase. The combination on how well you do at the combine and the showcase will determine if you drafted number 1 or at all. Now you go to the summer league, which will determine if you make the team or not if you were a 2nd round pick or undrafted, but for a top ten to lottery pick this can determine if he becomes a day 1 starter. If you don't make the team you go to the d-league and try to impress any team to snatch you up, but for the few that make the team you start out as a bench warmer trying to impress coach to just give you a chance, but even one minute is hard to get.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:25 PM   #15
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metapod
This is what they need to do. When you create your player all you choose is the name, height, weight, year of birth, personality, how they look, and position. After that you do the combine which will determine what play-style you are based on how you do in each drill, then you play the rookie showcase. The combination on how well you do at the combine and the showcase will determine if you drafted number 1 or at all. Now you go to the summer league, which will determine if you make the team or not if you were a 2nd round pick or undrafted, but for a top ten to lottery pick this can determine if he becomes a day 1 starter. If you don't make the team you go to the d-league and try to impress any team to snatch you up, but for the few that make the team you start out as a bench warmer trying to impress coach to just give you a chance, but even one minute is hard to get.

love the idea. One problem though..... kids or adult having the attitude of a child. They may hate this idea specially those who do know the meaning of hard work
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2013, 11:20 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 1

They just need to bring back the combine and summer league. They've already done the work, and getting on an NBA team was rewarding when it finally happened.

Then allow the mode to be configured for the number of combine/summer league events to go through.

I would have loved to play for my Summer League Champion Warriors.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »