Home

NBA 2K14 - A new creation mode for the next-gen version?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 - A new creation mode for the next-gen version? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2013, 09:09 PM   #25
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 - A new creation mode for the next-gen version?

Wel, just played 2K14 for the first time and I must say I was severely disappointed from the very startup. Now EA has Facecreator (which is superb I might add for those who haven't tried) and we're still stuck with alien props from some low-budget film. I just don't get why nothing has been edited in 3 whole years. I guess I'ill be playing more FIFA than NBA this year (although I am a little disappointed at the fact you can make a superb player yet you can't upload the picture you used to create him, or even another one, to completely blend into the roster and finally become 100% believable)

2K should definitely use this technology(with added photos)next year if they don't want to eventually get run out of the business by EA. I mean think of the possibilities if this tech is used, not only will mycareer be better, but associations can finally be great and playable for more than 2 years because you would actually get to draft realistic players with pictures. Maniacs like me could make draft classes and upload them.

This tech could also directly lead to the other two weaknesses 2K has: the body and the whole draft preparation. I feel you should be able to create different body types (skinny, muscular,..) with wingspans, shoulder width/height, longness of the neck and heck, even different head sizes ('cause right now there's only one), etc.. Long wingspans and even muscle size and such could then have a direct influence on the players potential. Just spitballing here, you could then also have individual psychological attributes (attitude, heart, drive,..) that would in turn impact players' fufilling of that potential and chemistry of a the team (for example: a player with a lot of heart and drive could push laid back players' potential or stats or something if they get along (possible personalities)). Then in the scouting process you could include the draft combine where you would have measurements, athletic testing (forgot to imply that when I was talking about physical attributes) and interviews, and taking part in all three would give you a better view of your targeted prospects, *** opposed to an incomplete one you would have by only checking a players jaw-dropping pa' but not knowing he's toxic in the locker room or something)
Again, just an idea.

PS: Why can't 2k create basketball 2K15/16, where you could start at the high school level and make your way to the NBA (trough college or Europe) wouldn't combining both the NBA and NCAA in order to bring back college hoops be a good idea?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2013, 01:00 AM   #26
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexMort05

PS: Why can't 2k create basketball 2K15/16, where you could start at the high school level and make your way to the NBA (trough college or Europe) wouldn't combining both the NBA and NCAA in order to bring back college hoops be a good idea?
this what i want to see!!!! But I think 2k need to shed big $$$$ to have CH again.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #27
Just started!

Yeah, I know that's why I thought maybe combining it with NBA would make up for the hefty price tag. I mean, by doing so they'd one-up NBA live again like they did in 2K11 by getting MJ and probably stay way atop of the sales chart for the foreseeable future.

I'm still hoping the NCAA will finally be lowering its asking price now that no more CB games are being made.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #28
Pro

Daddy123's Arena

OVR: 3

I dont get why they dont borrow some things from the other games within their parent company, like gta 5 that **** had better hair then nba2k has ever had
Old 10-18-2013, 09:24 AM   #29
Rookie

HakeemOlajuwon's Arena

OVR: 2

Did someone find a generic player in the trailer?
Old 10-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #30
Rookie

HakeemOlajuwon's Arena

OVR: 2

what do you think about this My player ?

They look good to me,white skin is way better ,tattoo too.
This haircut is cool,but i hope there is good normal haircuts,and beard like Harden
Old 10-26-2013, 01:22 AM   #31
Rookie

White guys don't ever have any good hair in 2k games lol. Those stars are hilarious to me, looks better overall though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #32
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

To create our own court would really be a great idea for next gen consoles.Even though we can do this on PC,but here is a prime example of what I am referring to:

http://nbaimg.com/images/74412082885160839503.jpg

Now can you imagine playing on this court in next gen?

Last edited by midwestking100; 10-26-2013 at 11:50 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »