Home

Era Based Filters/Rules

This is a discussion on Era Based Filters/Rules within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #9
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Era Based Filters/Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltokPwnage04
I wonder if my expectations are too high for next gen because I'm expecting to see these all things and more.
I think there is going to be a lot of disappointment by people who buy the new consoles, at least at the beginning. JMO but I dont think there is going to be as big a jump between games as people think will be this 1st year. In time I see there being a gap between this gen and next gen games just not the 1st year or 2.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:01 PM   #10
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

I'd love to have the options expressed in this thread.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:16 PM   #11
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Are the legends confirmed for next gen? I don't think they will add the filters...I just wish someone from 2k could just say that its not a easy task to have the rules and filters as a playable option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2013, 05:38 PM   #12
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Are the legends confirmed for next gen? I don't think they will add the filters...I just wish someone from 2k could just say that its not a easy task to have the rules and filters as a playable option.
To my knowledge, nothing has been confirmed as being next gen ... yet.

The implementation of these filters is no doubt a very involved and time- consuming effort on 2k's part. The ai scripts and logic would need to change from era to era in order to function properly just to name a couple of things needed.

If these filters are something that would be used and appreciated by a lot of people it still might be worth developing... especially if they appeal to people who all play different modes.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:59 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

asking for too much, not gonna happen anytime soon.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 10

If 2k would have just started a strategy the way they did with 2k14 maybe they would have the time to do something like this without having to abandon or give less attention to other parts of the game.

With 2k14 they just looked at 2k13, sat down, took their time and corrected as much as they could, it seems like this would advance their game quicker instead of adding and scrapping game modes and at the same time adding animation on top of animation in a rushed manner b/c their games were starting to look rushed and last minute.

I think if they would have started and continue how they did making 2k14 we would have 2k15 right now, with patches maybe even 16....? Thats not to say they are not correcting things at all but it would have probably gotten rid of or reduced the things we have seen since the beginnings of nba 2k.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Another idea I would like 2K to pursue is a Classic Association Mode(Next Gen). Allow us to choose any of the current Classic teams(on their roster) and take them through an Association with all the teams from that year. It does seem pretty far fetched but I'm hoping it could be done for next gen.
#24 Los Angeles Lakers
Once in a LIFETIME talent.
5 rings - Amnesty THAT!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2013, 09:29 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_mamba24
Another idea I would like 2K to pursue is a Classic Association Mode(Next Gen). Allow us to choose any of the current Classic teams(on their roster) and take them through an Association with all the teams from that year. It does seem pretty far fetched but I'm hoping it could be done for next gen.
Yeah, I think that'd provide an issue on a number of levels in terms of rights acquisitions and all sorts of other things.

However, I think an improved create-a-player mode, an even more thorough collection of retro jerseys & accessories, and customizable courts and logos could allow users to better create their own legendary seasons. I understand that might not be an ideal solution, but it'd be welcomed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »