Home

Era Based Filters/Rules

This is a discussion on Era Based Filters/Rules within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2013, 12:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Era Based Filters/Rules

I think it would be awesome to have filters/rules from the 60's up to current day as a selectable option in a menu. Like current Miami Heat vs. Current OKC with no 3pt line and B&W filter. Current Heat vs. 96 Bulls with hand-checking allowed and 90's look filter. It would also be cool if these rules/filters were used online yet based off of who is the home team. So if Home 96 Bulls goes up against Away (Current)Miami Heat, there would be a 90's filter and 90's rules. If the Heat were home current rules. I know many agree this would take the game to another level presentation wise.
#24 Los Angeles Lakers
Once in a LIFETIME talent.
5 rings - Amnesty THAT!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2013, 01:10 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Era Based Filters/Rules

I don't even use Classic Teams and I'll cosign on this.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:18 AM   #3
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_mamba24
I think it would be awesome to have filters/rules from the 60's up to current day as a selectable option in a menu. Like current Miami Heat vs. Current OKC with no 3pt line and B&W filter. Current Heat vs. 96 Bulls with hand-checking allowed and 90's look filter. It would also be cool if these rules/filters were used online yet based off of who is the home team. So if Home 96 Bulls goes up against Away (Current)Miami Heat, there would be a 90's filter and 90's rules. If the Heat were home current rules. I know many agree this would take the game to another level presentation wise.
I would love to see this added in. Thats the 1 thing I really liked about NBA2k12 was playing the classic mode with the rules from that era. I also liked the black&white TV presentation. Only thing they didnt do is move the 3pt line back where it was back in the day. Other than Association mode the classic teams is the only other thing I play with NBA2k. I could care less about all the other modes, and I really could care less about that PTG Lebron mode this year they added
Old 09-20-2013, 08:20 AM   #4
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
I would love to see this added in. Thats the 1 thing I really liked about NBA2k12 was playing the classic mode with the rules from that era. I also liked the black&white TV presentation. Only thing they didnt do is move the 3pt line back where it was back in the day. Other than Association mode the classic teams is the only other thing I play with NBA2k. I could care less about all the other modes, and I really could care less about that PTG Lebron mode this year they added
Couldn't agree more. I won't even be buying this years 2k for the first time since '07, even though the legends are back, it seems like 2k has done nothing with them. No word of extra teams or features involving them. At least last year they gave us the dream team and the '01 Sixers.

I'm sticking with 2k13 and Rayray's ultimate roster packed full of classic teams.

I would love to be able to play with the classic rules and era specific presentation filters.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:26 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I agree, this would be pretty awesome. I thought 2K was on the trail of something pretty realistic and legitimate in 2K12. I'm guessing it'd have taken quite a bit of work to get those filters crossed over to Quick Games and otherwise, but I think it would have been worth it. If we want to talk about authentication and reality, it was tough to beat playing a 60's Celtics/Lakers matchup in black & white without a three point line and using the rules of the era. To be blunt, I sort of feel like it's a huge waste to have spent the time to implement something so unique, authentic, and spectacular, only to limit it to a specific mode and trash it after a single year.

Awesome experiences:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 33

I cosign too ... once introduced on 2k12, cant but to thikn this was the next logic step ... hopefully next gen grant us with this and that we may be able to use it on any mode.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #7
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_mamba24
Someone need to send this idea 2k sports ASAP!!!!!! think about the possibilities that we as consumers can do with this!
Old 09-21-2013, 11:55 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
I cosign too ... once introduced on 2k12, cant but to thikn this was the next logic step ... hopefully next gen grant us with this and that we may be able to use it on any mode.
I wonder if my expectations are too high for next gen because I'm expecting to see these all things and more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »