Home

NBA 2K14 Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2013, 04:40 PM   #329
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K14 Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trini94
It's good that we're finally able to start in the all-star game but they had the positions all wrong.

Im on the Timberwolves so the starting 5 for the West was Kobe, Westbrook, Durant, Howard and me.

I was expecting Durant to play the 4 while I play the 3 but boy was I wrong lol.

PG - Kobe
SG - Westbrook
SF - Durant
PF - Howard
C - Me (6'8 SF)

Eastern starting 5

PG - Wade
SG - Rondo
SF - Lebron
PF - Melo
C - Josh Smith

at least their lineup could somewhat make sense(i don't know how Josh Smith could past other centers in the east in starting lineup and Rondo being at the 2 is stupid.)
Might have something to do with the changes to the all-star voting format. No votes for centers anymore, just forwards, and the game doesn't know how to organize the roster.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #330
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biizz713
yeah I have the Athletic one-handers off one package. I'm really just hoping someone can tell me exactly what I need to dunk alleys or I might just give up on mycareer/crew/blacktop. i'm tired of dealing with this same issue year after year.

How many dunk packages do you have equipped? If it's only the Athletic one-handers and that's it, try filling up the rest of the slots with the rest of the packages you have available. Fill up as many slots as you possibly can, even use the Basic packages. Last year that usually did the trick for people having issues with not dunking.

EDIT: Now that I read your post again, I noticed you didn't say anything about equipping the dunk packages and you just said you had one. Make sure that after you bought a dunk package, you went and equipped it.

Last edited by BA2929; 10-07-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #331
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Speaking of dunks and oops. My 7 foot, two inch center can not call for oop. Because if I do, it gets thrown over my head! Why. Why are they throwing them over the head of a seven foot center. Ilbaka gets perfect oops, even when hes double covered. Me. Wide open. Its over the shot clock.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #332
Rookie

guidrm150's Arena

OVR: 0

Just played against the Celtics and I feel a little cheated, but the game was awesome. I had the ball with 0.4 on the clock and 2 pts behind. I get a open mid-range and nail it... but the shot was not in time. Lost 101-99 and I think it was about time, 'cause my T-Wolves were 8-2. But the way it happened, with Humphries and Sullinger alone combining for 11 offensive boards and my entire team (most notably Kevin Love and Pek) got only 3.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #333
Rookie

OVR: 0

Am i the only one struggling with turnovers ? I'm averaging like 3 turnovers per game even before i'm a starter and my assist average is like 6,5, the ratio is very disturbing for me. Any tips on how to avoid giving up the ball as often as i do ?
Old 10-07-2013, 05:33 PM   #334
MVP

sleepyshotta's Arena

OVR: 5
NBA 2K14 Official MyCAREER Thread

I just cracked the top 10 Centers list.(9th)

Check my YouTube videos @ YouTube.com/sleepynate718
Old 10-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #335
Rookie

Trini94's Arena

OVR: 2

I was playing blacktop with my friends and they were saying they have level 3 finisher but they were missing(not as much as 2k13 finisher level 3)

Anybody have finisher level 3 and is it working good for them?

Last edited by Trini94; 10-07-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2013, 09:29 PM   #336
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyshotta
And what's up with the all-star voting? It's supposed to be G's, F's & C's I believe, and they have 'back court' and 'front court'.

Check my YouTube videos @ YouTube.com/sleepynate718
The NBA changed the format for All-Star voting last year. Now you can't vote for Centers specifically. They fall under front court with the forwards

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »