Home

NBA 2K11 - 10 Years Later...

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 - 10 Years Later... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2020, 10:45 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
NBA 2K11 - 10 Years Later...

On August 15, 2010 NBA 2K11 provided the roster base for the game. We are now coming up on 10 years.

I still find this basketball game to be THE GREATEST basketball game I've ever played. I enjoy the near 30 years worth of historical rosters of COMPLETE SEASON ROSTERS that many here developed back in the day.

I will soon be releasing an update to my slider set that I've tinkered with over the thousands and thousands of games I've enjoyed. I have a losing record over those years, but it's been so much fun!

You guys still playing this title? And if so, your thoughts a decade later?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2020, 11:20 AM   #2
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NBA 2K11 - 10 Years Later...

If anyone here isn't familiar with mk he's probably the biggest old School roster head of all time. I thought it was nuts a few years ago he was still playing 2k11. But last year I got a copy.... And LMFAO He's right! No stupid shot meter. Especially not damn green splash. That's not even mentioning the classic rosters. Oooh baby....

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2020, 12:00 PM   #3
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

Haven't played it in a while but I still have my copy and may soon. I think 2k11-2k17 were really the golden days for 2k basketball games. I'll never forget the buildup to 2k11. I had tight parents and was finally old enough to get a job to buy a console for that generation just a few months before the release.

I really need to put some more time into it again. I've actually recently pulled the PS3 out of storage and have been playing 2k14 on PS3, I think that's a really underrated game considering the PS4/Xbone version is more memorable. I might do an association on their soon after I put more time into the 2k14 one.
Old 08-15-2020, 11:33 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

I have provided my 10 year anniversary slider set (in the sliders section).

Games have been phenomenal - great variety. But what I love about these is the STARS will SHINE!

If you are still playing this game and want to give them a try - I really think you'll find them fun - very challenging, but statistically solid.
Old 08-17-2020, 09:28 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
On August 15, 2010 NBA 2K11 provided the roster base for the game. We are now coming up on 10 years.

I still find this basketball game to be THE GREATEST basketball game I've ever played. I enjoy the near 30 years worth of historical rosters of COMPLETE SEASON ROSTERS that many here developed back in the day.

I will soon be releasing an update to my slider set that I've tinkered with over the thousands and thousands of games I've enjoyed. I have a losing record over those years, but it's been so much fun!

You guys still playing this title? And if so, your thoughts a decade later?

You are preaching to the choir....2k11 is the 'Purple Rain' of NBA 2K. I'm dying to play this again, but I don't have updated rosters (PS3). It's the only reason I play 2K18.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2020, 09:30 PM   #6
Pro

steelcityjames's Arena

OVR: 5

I haven't bought a version of this game since 2K8. Thinking about scooping another one up for ps3. Would you say 2K11 has the best off-line franchise mode?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-24-2020, 03:00 PM   #7
Rookie

Limasbravo's Arena

OVR: 0

I've played 2k14 a lot. Recently bought 2k11 and I don't like it as much. Sure, the Jordan stuff is good, but I don't like not using the right trigger to do skill moves.
Old 10-08-2020, 11:10 PM   #8
Just started!

OVR: 0

i played 2k11 for 3-4 years. made my own custom league, edited all the players, had nice sliders, etc. im trying to get back into 2k but wow has it changed since i last played 2k14/15.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »