Home

NBA 2K14 How's Your Association Going?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 How's Your Association Going? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2014, 09:40 AM   #817
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 How's Your Association Going?

I like to simulate the 2013-14 season at this point in the year, since the Cavs didn't make the playoffs in real life, and because of the whole no import situation going on with starting today.

I use my own custom Draft Classes, and for some reason, the CPU doesn't like a few players, and always takes Doug McDermott and Gary Harris before the likes of Exum and Smart.

Anyway, after simulating the entire thing, my continually worsening Cavs (I traded Jack for a pick, and Hawes for a pick), managed to eke out a 7-seed after a 42-40 campaign, they turned it on late to move from borderline playoff team to the 7. In the playoffs, we somehow made the Eastern Conference Final, falling to the eventual champion Heat.

In the offseason, the Cavs did what the Cavs do and got the No. 1 pick, from a No. 6 (via the Sixers) ping pong ball. We also had the No. 13 pick (the Nuggets went from playoff contender to dud) and our own No. 18 pick. After that, it came to pass that LeBron turned down his player option, so I knew that he was one the table. I only team optioned Kyrie, leaving 23 million for free agency.

Draft night, I got Embiid No. 1, then Exum 13, and Randle 18. The CPU hates itself (The Lakers got Smart at 26, after taking James Young at 10). That left me with 11 players and 23 million to spend in free agency. After much deliberation with his family and friends, LeBron decided to return to Cleveland. I am from Ohio, but I am a whore as well, so I want LeBron back in real life, even if it won't happen at this point.

So I'm waiting to play the 2014-15 season.

My lineup goes like this...

C Embiid (73), Zeller (69)
PF Randle (77), Teletovic (66)
SF LeBron (99), KJ McDaniels (66)
SG Waiters (79), Exum (77)
PG Kyrie (90)

I'm probably going to start over again, and discipline myself better. It seems unfair a team can make the conference final, and pick all this stuff up.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:14 PM   #818
Pro

USNAggie44's Arena

OVR: 3
NBA 2K14 How's Your Association Going?

Just had an amazing game with Drummond in my fifth 6th year with the pistons, it started with 16 points in the first quarter, and ended with a triple double. This stat line is amazing:
42 points
11 rebounds
11 assists
4 blocks
He kept on getting doubled in once he got his first 10, so then the assists were coming easy once he'd pass out.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:04 PM   #819
Rookie

How do you guys feel about this years playoffs imo theres alot of sleepers this year Grizz and Mavs being one of them I highly doubt the heat will repeat I think they will advance to the finals if the Raptors best the nets

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2014, 02:16 AM   #820
Pro

mpac's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCyypher
How do you guys feel about this years playoffs imo theres alot of sleepers this year Grizz and Mavs being one of them I highly doubt the heat will repeat I think they will advance to the finals if the Raptors best the nets

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
I think portland is the darkhorse but im really hoping a new team will finally win the title this year.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:23 AM   #821
Pro

mpac's Arena

OVR: 1

In my cavs association, I had enough of tristan thompson as he lacks some inside defense and his offense is inconsistent. During the start the season, 3 of my centers got injured, Varejao 1 month, Zeller 2 weeks, and Steisma (FA signing) 2 weeks so my interior is very weak.

Upon looking to find a trade for thompson and my future picks, Twolves gave me something I couldnt refuse - Love, Jeffers for Thompson, Jack, and my 2014 1st pick and 2015 1st pick.

I chose the cavs as I would like to pair irving and love up in 2015 but the offer made me accept it immediately for the fun of my association. I just plan to also give up my 2016 and 2017 picks for them once I got there and waived Jeffers.

Now 16-7, 3rd seed on East. My plan is to get even with Lebron and not to bring him back to Ohio.

Last edited by mpac; 04-29-2014 at 02:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2014, 03:00 AM   #822
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

I played a horrible game against the Bobcats and ended up losing, turnovers were a killer for me in that game, and I let it slip away. Then I got back home against the Wizards and almost blew that game with turnovers, but did enough and PG had a great game to prevail. I end the month of Nov. at 13-3 which is the best record in the NBA, and Im still undefeated on my home court. My defense which is #1 in FG% and 2 in scoring D, has struggled these last 2 games, as I have gave up way to many PIP, so I have to shore that up quickly.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 04-30-2014, 04:23 AM   #823
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

2 games into Dec and Im now 15-3 with my Pacers. Dec started a tough road schedule with the Clippers and Blazer back to back. The Clippers have been struggling mightily but put up a heck of a fight with CP3 hitting a 3 to send the game to OT before we prevailed in the end. It was weird playing against Danny Granger since he has been a main stay over the years on the Pacers. The Blazers was a back another back and forth battle all night as I could not contain Lilliard at all in the 2nd half, and they were draining 3's. I did hold LA down to only 11 pts, in the end I was able to get the win. Hibbert,Bynum, and Mahinmi are all playing with minor injuries right now, as Bynum has basically had 1 nagging injury after another since the start of the season, and I have had him on the IR quite often, when he has played he has been solid. He is getting fed up with his lack of playing time and role as well, imagine that,lol. I will probably just end up cutting him since I dont like him anyway. If I do that I will probably resign Orlando Johnson because I like that kid.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 04-30-2014, 05:35 AM   #824
Rookie

Whats the hardest team to rebuild without having to blow it up to increase difficulty not including the magic as there kinda easy took them to the finals in the second year on HOF

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »