Home

NBA 2k15 Wishlist thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2k15 Wishlist thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2k15 Wishlist thread

more balanced in-game economy. work-put-in to reward ratio is set up to deliberately get consumers to give 2k more money. i dont mind the micro transaction options as it is great for people who dont have time to play, but for those of us who do have the free-time, you barely make any progress whether it be my-player or my-team even after playing countless of hours, which is bs for a game that is released annually. micro-transactions should be AN OPTION, NOT A NECESSITY in an AAA-tier game. and dont even get me started on the fact they half-aaarsed the game outside of gameplay or anything that has to do with VC.....

and for create-a-team, give us the option to upload our own logos and design our jerseys ala PES. if even thats too much for you lazy bums, can we AT THE VERY LEAST have the option to have our team name written across the jersey like every other team instead of being represented by pre-made logos? i cant believe they haven't changed this for 5 years...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2013, 06:18 PM   #82
Pro

OVR: 0

Either Random Uni's per game or let us pick them in MYPLAYER.

Tighten controls i hate the damn sliding especially when u play good defense only to slide and lose an goal etc.

If i move my man out of position its ok i'm not going to stay with him all game but when the game moves u out of position its frustrating.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:49 AM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 0

Draft Combine, Pre DRAFT workouts.

#2 NBA 2K14 Commentator

http://www.youtube.com/user/dCoopSon

Check out my channel!

Old 12-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #84
Banned

OVR: 15

Could the mods sticky this now ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #85
Pro

OVR: 8

REAL OFF BALL CONTROL

On paper (literally, in the instruction book) NBA2K has had similar, or nearly identical controls to Mike Wang's off-ball control from NBA Live 10 since Wang returned to 2K for NBA2k11 - but they've quite literally never worked. This is such a sore spot!

Mike Wang's offensive offball controls (watch Mike Wang demonstrate these controls in this video) in NBA Live 10 in my opinion, were the most innovate, intuitive/fluid, brilliant, fun, and realistic addition to any sports video game since I started playing games in the late 1980's. It finally opened up video basketball to allow real basketball to take place. I could never pin my finger on what exactly was missing from video basketball until I saw this. It opened everything, and every possibility.

I'm not waxing poetic here when I can say with confidence that this feature was nothing short of ground-breaking. Naturally we humans will think, read, and "see" basketball opportunities faster than can be translated into a button-commanding execution, so this is EXACTLY what is needed to fluidly transition a thought in your mind into instant execution on the court.

It let's you play "real basketball" and seize opportunities in real time. More importantly it creates opportunities for completely organic situations. If I had to sum up my urgency in one sentence for this feature it would be: It was one of the all-too-few sports game moments where you can proudly proclaim "I DID THAT!" What could be better than to read and react at will, and in completely organic situations in a sports game? Is there anything more satisfying or rewarding than that? That's the one characteristic that we all hope and seek for in video game competition bliss.

Picture these actual scenarios that I pulled off back then. I'm playing online, the lane is unclogged and I see nobody guarding Jason Richardson - so I'd take control of Jason Richardson (2010 mind you), cut through the open lane, call for the ball and lay it up. It was intuitive. I didn't even have to think! I saw what needed to happen and made it happen, instantly.

Or take this example. I'm watching a lot of Suns and taking notice that Grant Hill was automatic from midrange in real life that year. So I'm playing online, I'm ready to get Hill involved after a certain point. I'd take control of Grant Hill, call for a screen, run to an open spot, call for the ball, and drain the open 15-footer because that's what I saw on TV when I watched my Suns. That's another part of this whole thing for me - it's honestly just wanting to recreate what I see in real life.

This feature was the biggest reason I could recreate what I saw on TV against opponents. Additionally, it just adds the ability to "create a play" while freelancing. Sometimes, when you're on offense and nothing's going on to your liking, what could be better than organically producing a real life basketball play on the fly?

The shot clock is rapidly winding down, you've got 4 seconds and panic. What's more satisfying, intuitive, and more importantly, realisitic then performing what I've described instead of chucking an ill-advised ugly shot?

It let you create unique, organic, one-of-a-kind plays and on-command. Every situation completely unique. It's an option drenched in REALISM that lends itself to REAL basketball. That's why it was fun, because it let me play in real time.

It was like listening to hair-metal and Boy George for 10 years and suddenly Nirvana comes on the radio for the first time. It was like "holy crap, I didn't know we needed this, but now I can't live without it. This is the only way!"

Just from a marketing standpoint alone, it would be profitable to tout this "all possibilities are open" control. All sports video games have been trying to get to that point for years and years: unique, one-of-a-kind moments that factor in speed, momentum, etc. That's a HUGE draw. Well I'm telling you, it already exists! Mike Wang already created this and it's in NBA Live 10. EA may own the rights to however it worked properly, but no doubt - they do not own this fundamental basketball principle.

In addition to the "open world" possibilities, an experienced real-life player or long-time NBA fan should translate into an advantage sometimes, if only for that one possession/opportunity if/when presented. This off-ball control is a true evolution in the right direction: my basketball mind seamlessly and instantly turning an idea or opportunity from my brain into an executed move on-screen That's basketball! See something? Make it happen right now. Being given the ability to read and react at will is extremely empowering yet does no harm or does not skew the balance, and should trump mastering "the code" or the video game. I thought we were really moving forward with that!

Not trying to whine, I'm just extremely passionate about this feature. It is SO important. As a full grown adult and parent, I'm not going to lose any sleep over this, and over the past 12 hours have started to accept that this may not be in the game. All I ask is that Beluba acknowledges that yes, this is important, and should be an upcoming priority.

Last edited by bakesalee; 12-15-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2013, 11:17 AM   #86
Rookie

zizoux's Arena

OVR: 3

Please next year I want to see Dynamic Season in 2k15. I've always wanted it since it's debut in Nba live 10.

So you can play along with the current/real NBA action in the Dynamic Season mode, and as you play, the stats and game results you accumulate in the video game actually change the stats and standings in your "Live" universe, enabling you to not only play along with the season as it happens, but change the outcome.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:11 AM   #87
Rookie

To anyone who also owns a 4gb Xbox 360, I feel like I'm missing out on something... like the Halftime show, I mean the highlights and after the game I can't see the highlights as well, and the only reason for that is the non-existance of a hard drive.
It's not a very big concern, but It would make the game more fun part not only for me but for other people who have a 4gb XBOX 360.

"What these young bloods gotta understand, that the game is all about buckets." - Uncle Drew
Old 12-29-2013, 05:36 AM   #88
Rookie

The other stuff that I would like to see happen in following years:

- a chance to select different jerseys in MyCareer mode. I was hoping they could add this to NBA 2K14, but It seems I was hoping too much

- Change the length of the season in MyCareer mode. As NBA Live has done it, but I actually think It's not that important, but It would make the game more enjoyable.

- I'm not sure, If the XBOX 360 graphics allow it, but I would REALLY love to see a new design of the UGLY suits which MyPlayers are wearing, the suits look like they're too big for them or they just don't fit.

- And for people's sake, please add more MyCareer voices to choose from, It really bothers me because the current voice, It's not Pro-like, have you heard anybody speaking like that in real life?(ya dig?)

- I hope It's not too much to ask, if you could add couple of new hairstyles that would be similar to the actual players from the NBA. Well I mean the short hairstyles.

OVERALL I think NBA 2K14 is actually a very well improved game, on the gameplay part, the new Pro Stick and all, and I really LOVE the new BLOCKING SYSTEM.

"What these young bloods gotta understand, that the game is all about buckets." - Uncle Drew

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »