Home

NBA 2k14 - Centers and PFs - STAT CAPS and tips

This is a discussion on NBA 2k14 - Centers and PFs - STAT CAPS and tips within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k14 - Centers and PFs - STAT CAPS and tips

Yea gonna push my 94 overall PF to the side but thanks to farming vc no money was spent.Gonna make a tall SF so I have better stats and just make him taller, seems like the go to move on crew mode

Last edited by NickYoungGoat; 10-05-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #10
Rookie

Tagging for later viewing but this seems right up my alley as I almost exclusively use bigs, thanks for compiling this.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:26 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zniv
Tagging for later viewing but this seems right up my alley as I almost exclusively use bigs, thanks for compiling this.
You are welcome.

About bigmen: I personally went with a 7'0" athletic PF, who now plays as center/PF for Portland. He is listed as PF but plays center just as much - so with this "cheat" you can create an athletic center but with better stats.

My channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/apriliand1975
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2013, 07:31 AM   #12
Rookie

Will you do one for the more popular positions in the community such as PG and SG?

This is awesome and excellent for planning ahead!
Old 10-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by costas84
Will you do one for the more popular positions in the community such as PG and SG?

This is awesome and excellent for planning ahead!
Hehe see the PS in my original post Probably no list for PG, SG or SF, as I do not play those and making this list took me 2 days straight. It does get boring, trust me.

My channel:
Old 10-07-2013, 05:09 AM   #14
Rookie

Further tips 1 (some of these are obvious to advanced players):

- all NIKE shoes can give vertical replay! If you look at it, it now has the Nike (and not Nike +) logo after the replay, and I did get these replays with old shoes as well (Foamposite Pro).
- (have not seen similar replay for Jordan)
- height does not influence stats but it does have an effect on your performance. With a 7'0" athletic PF I was able to have a 30 points, 15 rebounds and 5-6 blocks game on Superstar difficulty, 12 min quarters within 10 games. (Actually restarting with a 6'10" PF now for more challenge, and you can feel the difference.)
- free throw is now a primary stat because you get fouled a lot more.
- speed actually works, fast breaks are more realistic (opposing bigs will not reach your agile PG on a break)
- you do not get listed as PF/C etc., but you still get to play both positions regualry if needed.
- screens do not break the plays any more. Yay!
- social media challenges: before a game you sometimes get a tweet from an opposing player e.g. "bet you will not get a double double". If you do get it, you receive 250 SP (and I guess VC) after the game, possibly double in key games.
- teams that I got successful trades to right after 5 games: Dallas, Heat, Golden State.

Some team feedback (= how is it to play for them as a PF/C):
- Washington sucks. Dallas sucks majorly (pity). Heat is great (of course). Portland is very good. Golden State is very good, even with Bogut and Curry injured.

My levelling recommendations:
- stamina
- shot in traffic
- standing layup and Close shot
- free throw
- layup
- defense (on ball, low post). Blocking is up to you, does not need improvement, unless you want to go for Eraser.
- post hook
- hands, rebounding (starting with def rebound)
- after this work your way outwards, post fade, midrange, maybe dunk and standing dunk

I recommend levelling everything to 80 (with the exception of very crucial stats: stamina, vertical, shot in traffic, standing layup/dunk, shot in traffic = all of these need to be maxed), in 2k13 it was very much enough to be unstoppable (on Superstar), champ, RotY, MVP etc. Also increasing a stat above 80 becomes extremely costly.

Legends training camps:
obvious. Just do not forget that they give stats, so e.g. Jordan camp caps your athletic PF for vertical. Stats do not go above cap.

Drills:
very different this year. Best one still dribble course, even for clumsy bigmen, almost guaranteed gold.

My channel with bigmen tips and gameplay:
Old 10-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #15
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto
Probably going to only play until next-gen comes out. Given I don't glitch for VC or buy it and what I earn I plan to mostly spend on MyTeam I bet I won't even crack 80 overall. But you can bet this build will be popular for guys who play big man in crews.

From what I hear low post play is pretty unusable in crews anyway because there is no penalty for spamming steal button non-stop.
yes, this is a issue. ruined crew/online blacktop for me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #16
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10

having a nice mid range can really open your game up

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »