Home

NBA 2k14 - Centers and PFs - STAT CAPS and tips

This is a discussion on NBA 2k14 - Centers and PFs - STAT CAPS and tips within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2k14 - Centers and PFs - STAT CAPS and tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactown_13
yes, this is a issue. ruined crew/online blacktop for me
I'd be interested to keep the loose ball as it is now, but add a "protect" button, kind of like FIFA. If you're in the post or triple threat and you see a double coming, you squeeze the ball to protect from strips while you wait for a passing lane to open. Doubling for a steal needs to be a risky move.

Post defenders who try to strip from behind during a backdownshould almost always foul players. There is just no angle on the ball until the player faces up or turns to drive.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:23 PM   #18
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadlowe
I'd be interested to keep the loose ball as it is now, but add a "protect" button, kind of like FIFA. If you're in the post or triple threat and you see a double coming, you squeeze the ball to protect from strips while you wait for a passing lane to open. Doubling for a steal needs to be a risky move.

Post defenders who try to strip from behind during a backdownshould almost always foul players. There is just no angle on the ball until the player faces up or turns to drive.
Adding fouls would get rid of the issue for the most part
Old 10-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by costas84
Will you do one for the more popular positions in the community such as PG and SG?

This is awesome and excellent for planning ahead!
I'm in the process of doing the max stats for PG, SG, and SF. I won't do the maximum VC needed though...they should be in the ball park that OP has made. Plan to spend 100,000-150,000 to max out your player. And then some for sig skills.

I'll be done with mine sometime this week
Old 10-11-2013, 04:39 AM   #20
Rookie

Practical post up offense tutorial/guide (more oriented for new players than veteral pros):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxoal...0In0imjYQ6E30A
Old 12-12-2013, 10:40 PM   #21
Just started!

I didn't look at how old this post is but I'm commenting anyways, I went to PF after playing PG for a while because I found way to get open and get the ball without being a PG and PF has to be my favorite position, to the Original Poster I watched your videos before I made my guy and you were my inspiration. I made a 6,9 230 PF..short because I wanted more of a challenge which it really is I can average between 7-11 rebounds per game mostly in the middle of that and I really got to work for it, started out Athletic PF and eventually got my PF to be a really good all around player, I can drop 3s, play in the post and I just now brought my dunk up but yeah PF's the best way to go I feel...I get an A+ 9/10 games and it's overall much more fun then any other position. and scoring is easy...I can get 30+ every single game that I actually play...I only play key games though so I'm sure that helps with my small lack of REB skill..you did really good work with all of this and got my post game/REB game up to par..Thanks guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2013, 11:18 AM   #22
Rookie

mightyrx's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by apriliand
Hi all,

just wanted to kick off a "bigmen tips and tricks" thread with all kinds of tips for bigmen in 2k14.

First up:

All stat caps for all bigmen types in xlsx and xls format. Made by me (apriliand 1975) on PC.
Done by playing, not by datamining, so small errors possible, but 99% accurate.

http://jmp.sh/b/LCfvEIfrgZe1PWEBRCAw

How to use:
- "A" is the starting stat for that specific type of bigman (e.g. Athletic PF) for that specific attribute (e.g. Close shot)
- "B" is the cap for that attribute, for that type of bigman.
- "C" is the amount of skill points (or VC) needed to reach 80 in that attribute. If cap is below 80 then SP needed to reach that cap. If stat starts at or above 80 then this number reads 0 (zero)
- "D" is the amount of skill points (or VC) needed to cap that stat (if cap is below or at 80, then this number is same as "C")

- "Averages": just two indicating numbers that show your starting average skill level and your capped skill level/possible max. NOTE that it is NOT THE SAME as in-game averages, because e.g. a "63 overall" athletic PF's stat average is about 53 actually.

- "TOTAL to 80" and "TOTAL to cap": total skill points to increase all stats to 80 and to cap. Rules mentioned at "C" and "D" (see above) still apply.

It took me days to do this spreadsheet, so feel free to use and share it but do give me a shoutout if you do:
http://www.youtube.com/user/apriliand1975

PS: please do not derail this thread, just keep it for bigmen tips and tricks!
PPS: no I will not do the same for PGs etc.
Thx for this but I only see Centers on this list.
Where are the Power Forwards?
Making up Evidence Depending on Information Available
Old 12-29-2013, 01:08 AM   #23
Rookie

Wow, you really did put a lot of work into this. Thanks for the effort.

Really nice to see the stats laid out side by side like that.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:27 AM   #24
Rookie

At the bottom there are two tabs, one for Centers and the other for PFs. Switch to the PF one and you see the caps for power forwards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »