Home

"DEATH OF THE SHOOTERS & POST DEFENDERS"- 2K14

This is a discussion on "DEATH OF THE SHOOTERS & POST DEFENDERS"- 2K14 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: WITH NO COMPETITION HAS NBA 2K BECOME LAZY?
YES 16 32.00%
NO 25 50.00%
DON'T CARE, I'M GOING TO BUY IT EVERY YEAR 9 18.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Exclamation "DEATH OF THE SHOOTERS & POST DEFENDERS"- 2K14

Last year on 2K13 I played myPLAYER mode as a "Floor General/Dimer" PG for the Knicks, and the Warriors. And usually (like real life NBA) if you run a solid play and hit "Melo" or "JR Smith" in the Wiiiiide Open floor...(80% of the time) it's Buckets!. Same thing if your Running PG for the Warriors, "Steph Curry" (who led the league in Shooting last year) would knock down any open shot you gave him. But this year?...I was drafted by the Thunder (thinking oh sh*t I must be the luckiest dude in the world right?) WRONG!!!..."Durant" (supposedly the Best Scorer in the League) can't hit water, if he fell off his Yacht. And Russell Westbrook can't beat anybody off the dribble if he had AI's left leg w/ Jason Kidd's speed on his right. And Serge Ibaka IDK...you'll think if your a Defensive Player of the Year and lead the league in blocks every year (besides when Dwight Howard is healthy of course) that the guy can play some D*mn Defense but No-Ho-Hooooo!!!. All he gets is 3 fouls in the 1st Quarter because of this "Damn PGP - Post Glitch Phenomenon" going on this year that if you hit the Post? You ain't GOTS!!!--- to be D.Rose or D.Wade to draw a foul or make some (Bald Headed Brittany Spears Kraaay-Z) Shot. SMH, NO SIR!!! Don't believe me? Try it...You hit the post this year and 95% chance says you score or get the foul. Don't know what the BIG deal was last year with the game play for them to switch it up so drastically that virtually nobody can dunk or shoot even if they posses Dunk and Shot (ratings 95 or better) + (Posterizer, Dead Eye, Shot Creator, etc.)
OR maybe it's the lack of Competition, guess we'll see when Live returns next year

"Long Story Short"

"For as much as these games is costing? shouldn't we start getting OUR money's worth"_DON'T GET ME WRONG_I'm optimistic about the "Next-Gen" consoles (PS4 & XBOX one <---tho XBOX has a lot of **** to fix but that's a whole nother story *YOUTUBE: "XBOXone issues" first, if you planned on buying one) What I'm trying to say is for as much as they're charging us Gamers these days + The cost of DLC's and Online Gaming, how much money do we have to pay for them to get it right. Funny...
PC Gamers have what they call "MOD'ers" who fix & customize games for FREE if the consumer has in issue. Why don't we? (Probabley because 2K would be put to shame to see what some kid can do in his basement for FREE, that THEY'RE Techs couldn't do in they're labs for MILLIONS)

GAME'MON

Last edited by PS3 resident wlh1361; 10-21-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #2
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: "DEATH OF THE SHOOTERS & POST DEFENDERS"- 2K14

You don't like some aspects of the game so you call them lazy? I'm frustrated with some things but its not laziness - they have been trying to push the envelope with no competition, which is probably harder than having comp. They also tried to make current gen 2K14 better - whether anyone likes it or they just label it a patch - while their competition was clearly focused on next generation technology.

You are just disgruntled with probably legit gripes (I didn't really read it word for word) but calling them lazy is a bit much.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:11 PM   #3
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20

Umm... Pal, PC modders fix the graphics but we don't play around with the engine. BUT... Consoles players can do that too I recall, so your argument with consoles not getting fixed is wrong. also, PC didn't get patches last year, so...

You obviously don't look at the NBA 2K Roster sub forum.

Tap Taptalking away from my iPhone 5.... C
Old 10-20-2013, 01:45 PM   #4
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

It has nothing to do with being lazy. On paper it sounds easy, "fix this and then fix that" but it is a process that takes a lot time.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #5
Pro

shegotgame's Arena

OVR: 5

This is so hard to read; I can't even assume a position.

Came to save the game like a memory card. - MF DOOM

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #6
Banned

Competition??!!...did u see the herky jerky weird looking game play on the NBA live footage...Omg its NBA elite all over again,lol...plus I don't even know what to make of the graphics...are they made of laffy taffy,lol...
Old 10-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
You don't like some aspects of the game so you call them lazy?
They haven't changed a single thing about their 2 biggest modes (Association and MyPlayer). Please give me the suitable word for 2K.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:33 PM   #8
Banned

Suitable word for 2k and same game modes?...CONSISTENT...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »