Home

Old 07-17-2004, 01:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
ESPN Info!

Guys, I was minding my own business at work today (I work for a major game company, although just in consumer support) when I overheard the lead tester and a director discussing plans for a basketball line (I bet you know where I work now). According to the director, both LIVE and ESPN will have full All-Star weekends implemented in-franchise; dollar contracts and individual tendencies and shots. Furthermore, ESPN is implementing the choice between a full expansion draft or using the Cats with their current roster.

ESPN will also have a create a team that lets you paint and alter logos, choose from 10 custom arenas, and export your team into a created franchise after the first year for an expansion draft of your own.

Only bad news, as of now, the dunks and the animations had not been changed much.

This is all I heard and I am taking it with a grain of salt. But if it turns out to be true, I just can't wait!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2004, 02:19 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: ESPN Info!

veify your work status with a mod, then i'll believe you
Old 07-17-2004, 02:21 PM   #3
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

jordan0386 said:
veify your work status with a mod, then i'll believe you

I second that, though your info sounds credible, you're a rook with 4 posts. contact a mod
Old 07-17-2004, 02:26 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

No! of course I shouldn't divulge this info. I overheard it. It wasn't told to me!

That's ok not to believe me. I still don't fully believe what I heard until I see it. I'm just passing the message to you guys, so you don't think that ESPN doesn't do anything.

In any case, who do I contact and what info should I give him?
Old 07-17-2004, 06:55 PM   #5
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I would rather have the animations and gameplay fixed rather than a full expansion draft. By the looks of everything thus far, I will be going with Live. VC just went totally the opposite direction last year, and I guess has just sort of lost some of my respect for them. Just my 2 cents.

Will
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2004, 07:13 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

nba live sucks and it will always suck and espn nba 2k will always be better because live tries to make the game a slam dunk contest every game
Old 07-17-2004, 07:27 PM   #7
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

And it is because of kids like you who the ESPN series is catering to. It is fine to have your own opinion, but please back up some of your statements. Some people feel that the 2k series is "crap" like you very delicately put it. 2k-2k2 was a great series. But since then, they have went more of an arcade style, without real playbooks, no real team tendencies, and no changing how a particular person or team plays. The isomotion was junk last year, although I do feel it was extremely rushed. Perhaps this year it will be better, but it is years behind freestyle. With freestyle, you choose the exact move you want to do, rather than have the computer do it for you. It just needed to be toned down a bit.

Oh yeah, welcome to OS.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:47 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:

wtferrell said:
I would rather have the animations and gameplay fixed rather than a full expansion draft. By the looks of everything thus far, I will be going with Live. VC just went totally the opposite direction last year, and I guess has just sort of lost some of my respect for them. Just my 2 cents.

Will

Agreed. I was amped to get that game...and when i got it I was EXTREMLY dissappointed. I had liked Live much much better...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »