Home

Suggestions/Feedback

This is a discussion on Suggestions/Feedback within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2014, 02:46 PM   #57
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Suggestions/Feedback

What of the idea of the players being able to play multiple positions.... Say LaMarcus Aldridge ( my favorite player) being able to play PF or Center!!
Old 03-04-2014, 03:05 PM   #58
Rookie

how about a misfit rivals pack (aka the loosing team card Bird/Harden future cards), those pretty cards just sitting around in purgatory

no need for them to be white elephants, just make a pack no doubt people would buy them
Old 03-04-2014, 03:18 PM   #59
Rookie

Dear NWGameDad,

Please bring back the ability to store up more than 3 hot streaks in Rivals Clash. I do not buy hot streaks (it's a bottomless pit!), so my only way to protect a hard-earned lead after a week of grinding is to use stored up hot streaks. I understand that paying players are keeping you in business, but in tournament modes (or some area of the game), you need to offer a level playing field to keep all your players happy in the long run.

The first event (Kobe), you allowed people to save up to 1,000 hot streaks and I finished event at #7, using strategy and not my wallet in the closing hours. In 2nd event (Tim Duncan), I finished 11th, even though I had 10,000 more points than the first event. It was a helpless and frustrating feeling to be in the top 10 all week (usually 4th-8th), but in last 3 hours I was passed by several guys (congrats to them) who spent some serious money to secure their top 10 finish and bump me to 11.

I read your comment that you took the hot-streak storing away to prevent people from "bombing the leaderboard." Well, that's exactly what you allowed the paying players to do to the non-paying players that worked their tails off for a week!

Now, for the positive feedback:
I think you offered great prizes in the Tim Duncan event! And despite going 35,000 picks without drafting a legendary, being in top 25 earned me a PRO legendary, which was absolutely huge for me as a player that sets limits on how much I am willing to spend on one video game.

I just think you will burn out the majority of your players very quickly if you ALWAYS give the advantage to the paying player. So, in the spirit of pure and fair competition, please restore the 1,000 hot streak option in Rivals. Either that, or take away the option of buying hot streaks. I'm guessing your boss won't like the latter option!

Thanks for a fun game.
-G2Zone
Old 03-04-2014, 03:24 PM   #60
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2zone
Dear NWGameDad,

Please bring back the ability to store up more than 3 hot streaks in Rivals Clash. I do not buy hot streaks (it's a bottomless pit!), so my only way to protect a hard-earned lead after a week of grinding is to use stored up hot streaks. I understand that paying players are keeping you in business, but in tournament modes (or some area of the game), you need to offer a level playing field to keep all your players happy in the long run.

The first event (Kobe), you allowed people to save up to 1,000 hot streaks and I finished event at #7, using strategy and not my wallet in the closing hours. In 2nd event (Tim Duncan), I finished 11th, even though I had 10,000 more points than the first event. It was a helpless and frustrating feeling to be in the top 10 all week (usually 4th-8th), but in last 3 hours I was passed by several guys (congrats to them) who spent some serious money to secure their top 10 finish and bump me to 11.

I read your comment that you took the hot-streak storing away to prevent people from "bombing the leaderboard." Well, that's exactly what you allowed the paying players to do to the non-paying players that worked their tails off for a week!

Now, for the positive feedback:
I think you offered great prizes in the Tim Duncan event! And despite going 35,000 picks without drafting a legendary, being in top 25 earned me a PRO legendary, which was absolutely huge for me as a player that sets limits on how much I am willing to spend on one video game.

I just think you will burn out the majority of your players very quickly if you ALWAYS give the advantage to the paying player. So, in the spirit of pure and fair competition, please restore the 1,000 hot streak option in Rivals. Either that, or take away the option of buying hot streaks. I'm guessing your boss won't like the latter option!

Thanks for a fun game.
-G2Zone
Why should they take away the option for someone like myself to buy hot streaks? I don't have the time to build up a thousand with my work schedule so being able to buy them allowed me to finish in the top 50 and get what I needed. I'm fine with them allowing people to stack them but don't suggest something that punishes other players because you didn't finish as well in this one.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:42 PM   #61
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Josh
Why should they take away the option for someone like myself to buy hot streaks? I don't have the time to build up a thousand with my work schedule so being able to buy them allowed me to finish in the top 50 and get what I needed. I'm fine with them allowing people to stack them but don't suggest something that punishes other players because you didn't finish as well in this one.

Well stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MVP: Iceman
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2014, 03:43 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 1
Thumbs up Re: Suggestions/Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archifodder
Season balancing direly needed! I am tired of playing a season only to get steamrolled by someone whose team stats are grossly higher than everyone else. As an example, currently my team has an average rating of 2200 and there is one person whose team averages 4500+ in each area. More than twice! That's fair? What is the point of playing if it is not competitive?
I totally agree with this. I would be willing to wait a day or two even if that's how long it would take to compile a season full of comparable teams!
Old 03-04-2014, 03:57 PM   #63
Rookie

djeternal2's Arena

3 things I wouldn't mind seeing (I think all have been mentioned here in some form):

1) Better matchup system for seasons. I stopped playing seasons because I was getting matched up against teams much stronger than my own since I have no legends and just finally got a pro epic from the last rivals event.

2) Some kind of trade/auction system would be great. Being able to trade with your buddy for an epic Paul Pierce so you can have a pro version and he gets your epic Nate Robinson so he can have a pro version of that.

3) I would love milestone rewards. I have buddies that have played as many or fewer games on this app and have pulled multiple legends whereas I have yet to pull any. Milestone rewards would give someone like me an incentive to keep playing the app instead of just getting frustrated and moving on to some other game. (for the record I'm 4700 - 989 currently)
Old 03-04-2014, 04:04 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Josh
You make a fair point, Josh. People who play games will either have time or money (or both) on their hands. Everyone on the spectrum should have a shot at the rare prizes. And after thinking about it more, I do think you are right that the way to make the most level playing field in a tournament (which is what I'm trying to suggest) is to allow the people who have more money and less time to buy hot streaks, and for the people who have more time and less money the ability to store hot streaks. Both will have that important strategy tool when it comes down to "money time" at the end.

For me, not having the option to rack up points in 10-point chunks at the end very much affected both the enjoyment factor and the outcome for me. Pointing out that I was 7th in one and 11th in the other was merely to demonstrate how important hot streaks are in the last 2-3 hours. I would guess that most people on the bubble of an award tier would agree with me on that point. Cisco, Odc, Brian (and maybe tafpres...I'm not sure if he was using hot streaks or not), had the benefit of "unlimited" hotstreaks in those crucial hours. I had this in tourney #1 and didn't in tourney #2. I'm asking for that back, that's all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »