Home

Blacktop Challenge Recipes?

This is a discussion on Blacktop Challenge Recipes? within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2016, 10:27 AM   #1
Rookie

Bisdaddy's Arena

OVR: 0
Blacktop Challenge Recipes?

Ok. So I quit playing 2k16 prior to blacktop challenge but I'm trying out 2k17. Is there a guide to how the recipes work? Like what's the difference between the recipe levels? Do you get different tier cards or just better chance to pull a legend?
Also how do I get uncommon ability cards for the basic recipe? I'm Ultra Rare tier now and never pull anything under rare abilities.
Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2016, 04:55 AM   #2
Pro

DirectFX's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Blacktop Challenge Recipes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisdaddy
Ok. So I quit playing 2k16 prior to blacktop challenge but I'm trying out 2k17. Is there a guide to how the recipes work? Like what's the difference between the recipe levels? Do you get different tier cards or just better chance to pull a legend?
Also how do I get uncommon ability cards for the basic recipe? I'm Ultra Rare tier now and never pull anything under rare abilities.
Thanks!
I was only able to complete one card in 2k16 recipe it was the first basic tier and was an epic it was pretty good stat wise. The 17 version seems to have a problem with uncommon ability as I have not pulled any either at SR ++ tier .. It seems to me it might be a bug. When I look at the cards it seems there are lower tiers in 17 vs 16 not 100% sure as I think I only saw epic plus on my 16 recipes. 17 seems you can pull U/S Rares recipe cards so it might be harder to get epic and above unless like you said each tier is better card . I'm pretty sure with the recipes increasing a bunch between each tier you select that you shouldn't be getting the same card from basic recipe as you would ultimate one.
Just guessing basic pulls would be weaker than the next higher levels even without the higher legendary chance

Currently Playing: PS4
-The Division
-MLB The Show 16
-NBA 2k17
-FIFA 17?
-NHL 17?
-GTA V
Old 09-18-2016, 09:30 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirectFX
The 17 version seems to have a problem with uncommon ability as I have not pulled any either at SR ++ tier .. It seems to me it might be a bug.
I was noticing this, too. I'm a little frustrated, I'd like to not have to accumulate more rare players to buy the next tier.

Last edited by imbtyler; 09-18-2016 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Minor text fixes
Old 09-22-2016, 08:48 AM   #4
MVP

Tank4ever's Arena

There was a bug with uc abilities. I think its fixed now. But everything you said is right. Recipes only increase your chance at getting the top tier card. Last year it worked you max out your chance on ultimate it guaranteed you at least the 2nd tier card. Not sure if it changed but Im trying it to see if i get an guaranteed Epic or better

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk
2K16 Tier: PO++
2K17 Tier: LEG++
2K18 Tier: Epic++

Quick Game LU:
PG: UR Pro Cory Joseph
SG: Foil UR Pro Patrick McCaw
SF: Foil Ep. Prime Pro Harrison Barnes
PF: UR Pro Trevor Booker
C: Foil Epic Pau Gasol
Old 09-22-2016, 09:21 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank4ever
There was a bug with uc abilities. I think its fixed now. But everything you said is right. Recipes only increase your chance at getting the top tier card. Last year it worked you max out your chance on ultimate it guaranteed you at least the 2nd tier card. Not sure if it changed but Im trying it to see if i get an guaranteed Epic or better

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk
Not sure that's true, tank. In PO tier, if you maxed out the ultimate it supposedly took out the Epic cards. But you could still end up with a leg.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 09:23 AM   #6
MVP

Tank4ever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite1216
Not sure that's true, tank. In PO tier, if you maxed out the ultimate it supposedly took out the Epic cards. But you could still end up with a leg.
You may be right. I was already done playing by PO tier so I didnt try any recipes
2K16 Tier: PO++
2K17 Tier: LEG++
2K18 Tier: Epic++

Quick Game LU:
PG: UR Pro Cory Joseph
SG: Foil UR Pro Patrick McCaw
SF: Foil Ep. Prime Pro Harrison Barnes
PF: UR Pro Trevor Booker
C: Foil Epic Pau Gasol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »