Home

What happened to following for this game?

This is a discussion on What happened to following for this game? within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2016, 05:54 PM   #33
Rookie

chastepuppet's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What happened to following for this game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by datvigi
I like the ah paywall. It has driven up the rp economy by lowering the supply of cards. I only post ur pros, epics, and legs to sell. 4.99 for 20 ah posts is not bad.
Makes sense since the only people benefiting from the new economy are pay-to-play people. Free players get screwed over even more because prices are higher.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:37 AM   #34
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chastepuppet
Makes sense since the only people benefiting from the new economy are pay-to-play people. Free players get screwed over even more because prices are higher.
Don't like the AH paywall either, but removing WCs is not enough to slow progression and improve economy. By next tier, your back to the same situation as last year for lower tier cards. With an AH and easy access to currency, they would need to require about 6-8 cards to completely pro a card. That's what I wanted them to do, but obviously they would have to change other things for that to work.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:44 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
I think we have a different definition of the term pay-to-play. I take it as pay to win. I am not paying to buy packs or fill out my roster. but I don't mind spending 20 bucks a month in order to put things on the auction house. Expecting a game to be entirely free is ridiculous. Be happy it was free for a couple years while they figured their model out. The AH was a joke last year with how easy it was to get a card. Because wilds existed and you could post any card you didn't need, the top prices sunk down to what players estimated was the average cost of a WC from the extras pack. It actually functions as it is supposed to this year as the market isn't flooded by every card that someone doesn't need. I get enough RP by grinding and getting cards that I then sell on the AH. Sorry you want to play a game for free and still get the best rewards.

Last edited by datvigi; 10-07-2016 at 03:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2016, 06:31 PM   #36
Rookie

chastepuppet's Arena

Quote:
I think we have a different definition of the term pay-to-play. I take it as pay to win. I am not paying to buy packs or fill out my roster. but I don't mind spending 20 bucks a month in order to put things on the auction house. Expecting a game to be entirely free is ridiculous. Be happy it was free for a couple years while they figured their model out. The AH was a joke last year with how easy it was to get a card. Because wilds existed and you could post any card you didn't need, the top prices sunk down to what players estimated was the average cost of a WC from the extras pack. It actually functions as it is supposed to this year as the market isn't flooded by every card that someone doesn't need. I get enough RP by grinding and getting cards that I then sell on the AH. Sorry you want to play a game for free and still get the best rewards.
I wrote out a long argument, realized how fuccking pointless this game is and deleted it lol.

But I do want to point out how ridiculous it is to pay $20/month (more than a World of Warcraft monthly subscription, more than an EA Access monthly sub, more than a lot of things that are far more engaging basically) for a game that consists of MINDLESS TAPPING AND ZERO SKILL. Thank you for helping me realize this game belongs anywhere but on my phone
Old 10-08-2016, 06:09 PM   #37
Pro

I don't like the idea of the paying to list cards. I will admit I've spent $5 just so I can list cards. I figured hey I'm spending enough time on this game that $5 isn't horrible to spend. But in no way will I spend money to buy packs. I did that a few years ago and man do I regret it.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2016, 01:29 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
I wrote out a long argument, realized how fuccking pointless this game is and deleted it lol.

But I do want to point out how ridiculous it is to pay $20/month (more than a World of Warcraft monthly subscription, more than an EA Access monthly sub, more than a lot of things that are far more engaging basically) for a game that consists of MINDLESS TAPPING AND ZERO SKILL. Thank you for helping me realize this game belongs anywhere but on my phone
Power to you. I am not saying this is a great game for everyone. I can't invest in a MMO or even an in depth RPG anymore because that requires me to sit down and do nothing else. Engaging is the opposite of what I am looking for. This game is the video game version of Law and Order SVU. I can enjoy it while focusing on another task. I can pick it up and put it down at anytime. I can come back to it and not have missed anything, feel the need to wonder if my skills are still competitive, MMO, or feel the need to read 4 hours worth of wiki articles to immerse myself back into the game, RPG. This is something I can do while doing other things. Then again, I never minded grinding in Final Fantasy either so I may just be weird. Its fine if the game isn't for you. But it seems odd to complain about a game you clearly don't like.

Last edited by datvigi; 10-09-2016 at 01:50 AM.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:15 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Power to you. I am not saying this is a great game for everyone. I can't invest in a MMO or even an in depth RPG anymore because that requires me to sit down and do nothing else. Engaging is the opposite of what I am looking for. This game is the video game version of Law and Order SVU. I can enjoy it while focusing on another task. I can pick it up and put it down at anytime. I can come back to it and not have missed anything, feel the need to wonder if my skills are still competitive, MMO, or feel the need to read 4 hours worth of wiki articles to immerse myself back into the game, RPG. This is something I can do while doing other things. Then again, I never minded grinding in Final Fantasy either so I may just be weird. Its fine if the game isn't for you. But it seems odd to complain about a game you clearly don't like.
that actually accurately depicts how I feel about games nowadays too lol I simply can't invest the time or effort I use to be able to when I was younger..that being said, I've been playing this app very casually this year and I enjoy it for what it is, I'm a free player and I'm not gonna get caught up with the pace that other paying players are playing at
Old 01-23-2017, 05:44 AM   #40
Rookie

I played this a lot the past few years (not as much as others but enough to pour in a lot of lost time) and I am only playing it now for the 2k17 VC, making it pay to auction turned me off as I am not someone who pays for apps.

I was on a team but I believe they kicked me off after they realised I lost interest.

All I want is the AH to be free again and I am happy, wildcards and stuff like that don't worry me at all just the ability to put up a card to auction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »