Home

Road to the Chamopionship

This is a discussion on Road to the Chamopionship within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2016, 01:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Road to the Chamopionship

So i'm new to the mobile game this year. I'm having some fun with it and trying to grind a few games here and there. I'm not on no legendary or Epic Level like some of ya'll. I'm on Ultra Rare and almost at +. I don't have a lot of time to play it and i choose not to spend any money on this game.

Now, on to the RTC. Do i really have to pay in order to play more games to earn the points? i thought it was free and then I'm like cool free game night must be something different. Clock runs out and now i have to wait or pay. Is this new this year? I like the RTC, but this constant payment thing is getting annoying. I feel restricted.

As i'm typing this i realized that once the time ticker runs out for the free games, i only get one game and am forced to wait an additional 15 minutes per game? Very close to calling it quits man, i feel like the prize doesn't match the grind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2016, 01:41 PM   #2
Pro

MrDavison's Arena

Re: Road to the Chamopionship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conocimiento
So i'm new to the mobile game this year. I'm having some fun with it and trying to grind a few games here and there. I'm not on no legendary or Epic Level like some of ya'll. I'm on Ultra Rare and almost at +. I don't have a lot of time to play it and i choose not to spend any money on this game.

Now, on to the RTC. Do i really have to pay in order to play more games to earn the points? i thought it was free and then I'm like cool free game night must be something different. Clock runs out and now i have to wait or pay. Is this new this year? I like the RTC, but this constant payment thing is getting annoying. I feel restricted.

As i'm typing this i realized that once the time ticker runs out for the free games, i only get one game and am forced to wait an additional 15 minutes per game? Very close to calling it quits man, i feel like the prize doesn't match the grind.
Welcome to Cat Daddy Games

QG Tier: IC++
Champions Tier: IC
Top 25 Tier: IC
Old 10-06-2016, 02:10 PM   #3
Rookie

ThisGoddzIlla's Arena

Quote:

Technically it is free. You just pay with your time instead.
Old 10-06-2016, 02:19 PM   #4
Rookie

I agree, but not all people want to or can afford the money or have the time to play all day. There should be some consideration for those that aren't hardcore grinders.
Old 10-06-2016, 03:02 PM   #5
Skybox Elite

vince217's Arena

Re: Road to the Championship

Quote:
I agree, but not all people want to or can afford the money or have the time to play all day. There should be some consideration for those that aren't hardcore grinders.
the 'good' part is that youre only at UR tier, so you can probably only get the UR cards before before the event is over. after that, you hit the 'wall'... that is, after a certain point, your deck will only be strong enough to only win +2.

if you wanted both Leg cards, be prepared to have a Leg++ deck, HS (Hot Streak) all the way, and pay for more GNs (Game Nights), and/or wake up every hour.

As MrD as said... "Welcome to Cat Daddy Games, Son" (RE7 reference there)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2016, 03:30 PM   #6
Rookie

Yeah i've definitely noticed that wall for the last couple of days playing. All in all, it's a pretty enjoyable game. I just need to accept that the fact that this is how the game is going to be.
Old 10-06-2016, 03:55 PM   #7
Rookie

Its a grinding game. Deal with it. I played casually for 2k15, sort of grinded last year, and I am full on grinding this year. You get what time you put in. If you don't put in the time, you don't get the best rewards. Unless you want to just buy your team. Which is fine. Just played a season with a guy who has a season deck full of MVP leg pros. He spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars. I choose to spend my time with a little money thrown in. Its relatively straight forward.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:17 AM   #8
MVP

MVPMaK's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince217
the 'good' part is that youre only at UR tier, so you can probably only get the UR cards before before the event is over. after that, you hit the 'wall'... that is, after a certain point, your deck will only be strong enough to only win +2.

if you wanted both Leg cards, be prepared to have a Leg++ deck, HS (Hot Streak) all the way, and pay for more GNs (Game Nights), and/or wake up every hour.

As MrD as said... "Welcome to Cat Daddy Games, Son" (RE7 reference there)
Hi Vince, long time no talk. How have you been? I hope Hurricane Matthew hasn't affected you or your families/friends. Stay safe.

He mentioned UR tier, but that could be quick game tier, not the RTTC tier. So he might even hit the wall at SR if that is the case.

Sent from my 5seven

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »