Home

NBA 2k13 PC Requirements?

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 PC Requirements? within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2k13 PC Requirements?

This is why I love this site. Great stuff guys, I really appreciate the input and guidance with this.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune with your old PC and console clipperfan, but it sounds like you're better off for it. It's funny, I figure myself very "tech-savvy" in general, but this is definitely a new frontier for me. From my research though, the PC gaming community is very welcoming and willing to help out (as evidenced in this thread actually).

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."
Wife's mom: "Be grateful that's what he's running out at midnight for."
Old 09-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 8

Made a run to Best Buy, spoke at length with a very helpful kid, self-described "PC Guru" of the store. Told him my specs and what kinds of performance I'd like. He immediately pointed me to the 550 Ti, along with a 600W PSU and i3, which he said is his current setup. They actually have the 560 Ti on sale for less than $10 more than the 550, so I'm gonna go with that.

Everything is going to come to $325-350ish. Very excited, less expensive than i thought, and I can't wait to see what these guys do with 2K13.

Again, thanks guys!

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."
Wife's mom: "Be grateful that's what he's running out at midnight for."
Old 09-29-2012, 10:39 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 12

i hope there will be a demo on PC this year. I took a leap of faith last year with 2k12 being $15 on steam during x-mas and it paid off with 45fps gameplay after turning down the crowd detail.

Leftos, if that was what i had to sacrifice to get 2k12 running at 30+FPS would you expect me to see the same performance from 2k13?

AMD Phenom II X4 N930(1.8ghz/core)
ATI Mobility Radeon 5650
6GB DDR3

I happily played a lot of 2k12 on this laptop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2012, 03:45 AM   #12
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

Since 2K12 and 2K13 are using the same graphics engine, I'm not expecting any major (if at all) changes in system requirements. Most probably they'll be the same, so you should have the same experience in 2K13 as well.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 09-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k10Fonzarelli
i hope there will be a demo on PC this year. I took a leap of faith last year with 2k12 being $15 on steam during x-mas and it paid off with 45fps gameplay after turning down the crowd detail.

Leftos, if that was what i had to sacrifice to get 2k12 running at 30+FPS would you expect me to see the same performance from 2k13?

AMD Phenom II X4 N930(1.8ghz/core)
ATI Mobility Radeon 5650
6GB DDR3

I happily played a lot of 2k12 on this laptop.
Weaksauce, I guess you are new to performance modding I played the game on maxx on 1080p and 4XAA and got around 55FPS. On a mid tier 3 year old notebook. T9600 , GT 240M and 4GB.

You just need to use http://www.mediafire.com/?ywjulwoyxeav61x to make it smooth. Just add 2k set both options to on with the medium detection and your set I have been doing it since 2k10.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #14
Just started!

OVR: 2

Can anyone recommend a good laptop to play this on?
My laptop was stolen on Friday from the trunk of my car, some idiot decided to break into my car while I was in the supermarket after work.

I'm just looking on futureshop.ca, looking to see what I can find. The most I want to spend is $1,000 on a laptop, if it comes under that, great! Any advice is greatly appreciated!

I'm looking forward to being part of this community, and learning about modding.

Thanks,

Ryan
Old 10-02-2012, 12:00 PM   #15
Rookie

zendez33's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo2Hondo
Can anyone recommend a good laptop to play this on?
My laptop was stolen on Friday from the trunk of my car, some idiot decided to break into my car while I was in the supermarket after work.

I'm just looking on futureshop.ca, looking to see what I can find. The most I want to spend is $1,000 on a laptop, if it comes under that, great! Any advice is greatly appreciated!

I'm looking forward to being part of this community, and learning about modding.

Thanks,

Ryan
http://www.msimobile.com/level3_prod...x?cid=6&id=361

Closest I could find to 1k that would do the job. I have a GT70 0ND-202US and runs everything I have thrown at it; BF3, Guild Wars, Diablo 03
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2012, 01:21 PM   #16
Just started!

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zendez33

Closest I could find to 1k that would do the job. I have a GT70 0ND-202US and runs everything I have thrown at it; BF3, Guild Wars, Diablo 03
I had a look, it looks pretty good. I don't know much about comparing laptops, but it seems that I get a decent discount on Alienware laptops through my teacher's union. I can get an M14x for about $1,025. Are they any good?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »