Home

DNA is $9.99 on PSN (For used/rented copies)

This is a discussion on DNA is $9.99 on PSN (For used/rented copies) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2008, 08:51 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: DNA is $19.99 on PSN

Used copies are $5 less, it really doesn't make a difference.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:52 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 8

wow so EA excuse is you cant afford this for all users but yet you people bought the NFL license... I was gonna rent this game to expierence this feature guess not.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:53 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by left4dead
Cry me a river!

Yeah shame on EA, a business trying to make money. What are they thinking?

So it's okay for NIKE to hire Asian children in sweat shops overseas and charge $185 for a pair of Air Jordans, when it only costs them about $6 per pair to make (including material and labor)? Yet you complain about EA?

I'm sure it wasn't cheap getting "exclusive rights" to Synergy's Dynamic DNA feature....yet EA is still giving this away for FREE if you purchase the game @ retail. Sounds like a pretty damn good deal to me.
lol ea fanboyism is serious i guess. EA making folks pay for the feature just becasue you didnt buy the full game is low real low.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:54 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
This information and data is very valuable and it wasn't free for us.

T-Mobile is paying for it this year for all users who buy the game new.

This is a very expensive tool to use, and if you don't buy it new, then you'll have to pay for this. It isn't greed at all my man.
Some people just expect EVERYTHING handed to them and don't understand the concept of running a BUSINESS. Don't mind them. I appreciate the fact that we're getting it @ no extra charge when you purchase the game. This a great new feature and IMO is what will seperate Live 09 from that other PS2-looking game that depends on some "geek" (who probably knows nothing about the NBA) to do roster updates/modifications!
Old 10-02-2008, 08:55 PM   #21
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
Like EA cant afford to give the fans something for free? Come on now, you all sucker people every year on Madden and this game. I think the fans deserve something nice for free just once.
Absolutely!

That's why it's free when you buy the game new.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2008, 08:56 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
This information and data is very valuable and it wasn't free for us.

T-Mobile is paying for it this year for all users who buy the game new.

This is a very expensive tool to use, and if you don't buy it new, then you'll have to pay for this. It isn't greed at all my man.
It isn't greed!!....lol please, don't make me laugh....I know greed, I worked for a Corporation that is the leader in greed!. IBM and EA seems like is running close to them.

Have the other advertisment company that EA shoves on our faces in these games pay for this?. I'm sure EA is getting paid for advertising their products..no?...or, is that money going into the CEO and excec's pocekts?
Old 10-02-2008, 08:56 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Here's is a bright idea:

EA could eat the cost of that in the retail price of the game. I SERIOUSLY doubt that EA is paying 20 bucks per user to access the Synergy database.

This is a way EA can make a little money on used copies.
I agree that $20 is a bit on the expensive side. Cutting that price in half seems pretty reasonable IMO.

No one really knows how much EA paid to get the DNA feature, so it's all speculation.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:58 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynnets24
lol ea fanboyism is serious i guess. EA making folks pay for the feature just becasue you didnt buy the full game is low real low.
Yep, especially when the last few years the game hasnt been worth the 60 dollars it was released at. This is a HUGE punch to the gut for EA basketball fans.

I know some people will be ok with it, as it has 0 effect on them, but the folks that can barely scrounge out enough money to buy the game used has to still pay more for the full game.

Anyways, i am done on this thread, but this is a seriously low blow for you fans. Sorry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »