Home

Will Superstars Play Like Superstars?

This is a discussion on Will Superstars Play Like Superstars? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2010, 03:39 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
Will Superstars Play Like Superstars?

With the change to Elite will superstars play like superstars (AI players) - look for the ball, score despite your best efforts to stop them, demand the ball in tight situations?

I stopped playing Live pretty early because every team I played, no matter their superstar, they had small games. Even in the tight games it was often a role player taking the most shots while guys like Kobe took 10 shots and scored 15 points.

Over a season superstars play like superstars. Sim-wise it happened, but in games vs. the AI it didn't happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2010, 03:48 PM   #2
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Will Superstars Play Like Superstars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcabanski
With the change to Elite will superstars play like superstars (AI players) - look for the ball, score despite your best efforts to stop them, demand the ball in tight situations?

I stopped playing Live pretty early because every team I played, no matter their superstar, they had small games. Even in the tight games it was often a role player taking the most shots while guys like Kobe took 10 shots and scored 15 points.

Over a season superstars play like superstars. Sim-wise it happened, but in games vs. the AI it didn't happen.
Great question, hopefully someone who played it can chime in. I think this is the most important gameplay situation. Unlike most sports, basketball one player can completely run a game, and be near impossible to stop. On almost any night too. NBA games rarely reflect this.
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Old 06-03-2010, 07:38 PM   #3
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

i never had this problem, kobe always dropped 40+ it was getting annoying not being able to stop him in my roster..........

the game does not have great 4th Q AI but getting stars to flat out score was not an issue i had.......

if you are on xbox i could let you sample them ........

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 06-03-2010, 09:11 PM   #4
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Never had that problem

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 06-03-2010, 10:06 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

Uhhhh play against Cavs, you will see mo williams take more shots and score more points than lebron james, so superstars DONT play like superstars in live 10, hopefully in 11!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2010, 11:36 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 6

Maybe someone who had a game vs AI with superstars playing like superstars (AI controlled superstar) can U/L a video. I sold the game and the XBox 360 in favor of a PS3 foe The Show.

The last guy had it exactly right. In both of the big basketball titles in 2010 Mo Williams tends to take far more shots than LeBron takes. I often scream at LeBron to stop passing the ball.

I expect most of the people saying AI superstars play like AI superstars are guarding the superstar themselves, playing poor defense so they score.

I play locked, or CPU v CPU, and the AI superstars do not score, do not take over games, hardly ever score more than 20, much less would average near 30 or ever possibly drop a big game like 50.

If I make settings so the final scores are around 140-130, then maybe.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:34 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

The OP is right.....

The super star players don't play like Super Stars in Live. They play like role players for the most part. Sure they'll have a few big games but for the majority of the time they don't take over games because DNA input doesn't recognize a GO TO PLAYER on any team

You can kinda trick the system by heavy loading the playbook designed to force more plays to the Super Star player but that doesn't remedy the problem consistently.

What NBA Elite needs is a play calling tendency slider under coaching options that allows the Human player to set a percentage or a specific game situational strategy that can force the action in to the hands of the Star player.

You see NBA Live unlike Madden, NHL or NCAA Football has never had coaching options where you can dictate percentages of a play/offense being run during the game.

Yes they added like 1 million plays last year but honestly the CPU never ran more 2-3 sets out of that playbook.

Those playbooks were basically useless unless the Human player was utilizing them duing game play.

Now I'm sure we'll have some people that will say Kobe, LeBron or Wade played like Franchise players.....if that's the case then I'd debate that Fisher, Moe Williams and Mike Bibby played like All-Star players because they sure as hell took over games just as often as the franchise players would do.

EA needs to really have QA people actually observe the CPU's behavior and how they react in situations like time and score. Watch how they run plays during games and look for odd player behaviors before releasing the game and having the community to give them a laundry list of feedback for the stuff that should be noticed by QA dept right away.

In Madden you can tell when a team is running a Wildcat formation or West Coast offense.....you clearly see them running a 3-4 defense and blitzing off the edge

In NBA Live you don't know half the time what offense the CPU is running because they often jacked up a shot after 1-2 passes making it hard to believe they are running a Triangle or Motion offense....

It looks more like an ISO offense or basic catch and shoot if you ask me 90% of the time.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 06-04-2010 at 03:38 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:07 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
i never had this problem, kobe always dropped 40+ it was getting annoying not being able to stop him in my roster..........

the game does not have great 4th Q AI but getting stars to flat out score was not an issue i had.......

if you are on xbox i could let you sample them ........
same

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »