Home

NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #89
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_bucs_fan
like that real hot girl who can't ---- (So beautiful yet so useless) LOL - it does look really nice hahahahaha
You can, um, work your way around that problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 11-30-2013, 11:10 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 3
I know competition is great and all, but I feel EA should just drop Live and put more time and money into FIFA, NFL, and NHL. At most release a Live 15 so 2K won't be too lazy for 2K15. 2K14 is great but there are a lot of customization and details missing in the game. Improve Live 15 enough for 2K to make 2K15 amazing, then just leave.

NFL and FIFA are great series from EA. NFL has no competition, and FIFA seems to be improving while PES was a slight back step in some parts for this year. Put more money and time into the other sports games so we have a good game for each Next-Gen sports genre. That would make me a happy camper.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #91
Rookie

AZS Yankee's Arena

OVR: 0
was gonna get it, now highly doubtful
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #92
Banned

Can't say I'm surprised the game sucks. The last time I had any type of fun with an NBA Live game was like '07 and that's because it was fun spamming the arcadey Freestyle Superstars crap.

EA basketball is at an all-time low. Now they're TRYING to match 2K's realism approach but failing terribly.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #93
Pro

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman32
Spot on review. I played this game over the weekend with my son. And he said and I quote. "This is a BOOTLEG game. This game looks and plays like PS2". He also said that he liked the ESPN overlays and he also liked the net. But that was it.

He's 12. We were laughing so hard playing it. Good times.
Lol. I can't stop laughing.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:22 AM   #94
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Not good times when we could have spent 60 bucks on giving to a charity instead of this crap
Old 02-13-2014, 05:33 AM   #95
Pro

Great review. Absolutely 100% spot on and it must have taken some big balls to hammer a major company like EA with a 3.5. Full marks to you for saying it like it is. Post 'patch', none of the flaws have been fixed. Worse still, months of "feedback" has been basically ignored (time outs, subbing, cameras not working, low frame rates, generic players all through rewind games and on and on) I played a rewind challenge where you had to beat the spurs "without the big 3" and, 5 mins into the game they ALL were playing. WTF. This is amateur hour stuff. I played the Kings when Cousins was out and they had a 5 foot generic point guard at center. WTF.

I trusted the patch would fix these things and kept the game on that basis. Hell no. A lighting tweak and a half hearted practise mode where I can't even practise things like post moves or plays. Welcome to 2006.

Speaking of 2006, the producer then says "we gave you a patch and that's a first in the gaming world". WTF. Is this guy in a time warp or something? Every game release extensive patches nowadays. This game's develper is acting like it's a world first. Let me just check the year again, yeah it's 2014. This game and the team have got to be in 2006. Seriously. They are stuck in some time trap or something and are sitting there thinking "post game patch and a limited practise mode = revolutionary".

Well done to the reviewer for going hard. 3.5 is fair.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2014, 10:29 AM   #96
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Post patch this game is no longer a 3.5. Just FYI . I hated this game at launch. Now I play it every day

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »