Home

Edit player feature...is it just me???

This is a discussion on Edit player feature...is it just me??? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2017, 01:06 PM   #9
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Edit player feature...is it just me???

If you take a year off and still can't get basic features in, oh boy........

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-09-2017, 01:17 PM   #10
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I think anything that doesn't have to do with my player mode , my team , or basic in gameplay 5 on 5 probably didn't get touched.

Let's be honest those are he least played/touched modes. Don't expect any drastic changes there.

Just go on YouTube all you see is park this , park that. $$$

FYI I do want more editing options .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 06-09-2017, 01:35 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

What? you guys don't like SYNERGY?

But yeah, not only does the Live team focus on what their analytics tell them are the most used / most popular features, but EA Sports focuses on games that their analytics tell them make money. NBA Live is the red headed stepchild of that company.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2017, 01:54 PM   #12
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

OVR: 0

At this point in sports gaming in 2017, you have to have player editing. That toothpaste has been out of the tube. You can't just put that back now

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 06-09-2017, 02:27 PM   #13
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I agree wholeheartedly with all of your sentiments.
Old 06-09-2017, 02:55 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I agree wholeheartedly with all of your sentiments.
Any insight on the matter buddy? Hoping you can stress to the Development team the importance of it. The way sales have been tanking adding an editing feature and roster sharing would bring back a ton of guys who play the other NBA game just for these options. The time they have had to make this game there should be ZERO excuses.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 06-09-2017, 03:44 PM   #15
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
Any insight on the matter buddy? Hoping you can stress to the Development team the importance of it. The way sales have been tanking adding an editing feature and roster sharing would bring back a ton of guys who play the other NBA game just for these options. The time they have had to make this game there should be ZERO excuses.
Roster editing and sharing, as well as player editing has been my most vocal outcry to them. I can't speak on it, but they are aware of this community's wants.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2017, 03:54 PM   #16
Rookie

seanhazz1's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazin
What? you guys don't like SYNERGY?

But yeah, not only does the Live team focus on what their analytics tell them are the most used / most popular features, but EA Sports focuses on games that their analytics tell them make money. NBA Live is the red headed stepchild of that company.
I think Synergy, in theory is awesome, to be able to play against LBJ or KD, hours after he just dropped a triple double in a game, is a very enticing idea to any sports gamer, especially those looking for a more realistic sports simulation experience.

Synergy implementation has had mixed results in the community, but personally, I'll still support it if they can provide the DAILY updates as advertised originally.

On player editing, I agree, and to touch what was briefly mentioned above, if only a handful in the community are actually performing player editing (as their statistical analysis most likely showed) while thousands more are patiently waiting for those perfect roster edits from just a few (ie. MLB the Show OSFM), what is the reason for EA to not provide those edits themselves?
From a cost perspective, the edit feature was used X times, over Y audience for Z usage %. It can't be very high even when they had it in, for the reason stated above.

They might not deem it not worthy enough at this time from lack of usage, lack of a strong customer base, lack of support, funding, or any other reason they concluded, and it could have been one of the many reasoning thoughts behind Synergy's implementation.

Example: XBOX recently announced ONLY 2% of the 26 million units sold use backwards compatibility (520000 units). That large number warrants the "added" feature via consumer request, cost wise. In contrast Live sold 8k units compared to 1 million units against the competition last September, the numbers just aren't there....yet.

For those on the fence but want a better game, it sucks to say, but you'd HAVE to buy it, to support its present future, and to help solidify its continued progression, which could include many community requested features.

I don't know how much of the other EA products fund LIVE's development, but EA can't continue entering 3 legged horses in the NBA race either. It needs to stand on its own, as fun, authentic, unique, and different, and very soon.

I remain hopeful regardless.
NBA 2k18
Madden 18
Absolver
STO
TWITCH Stream
BEAM Stream

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »