Home

What's New in NBA Live 18

This is a discussion on What's New in NBA Live 18 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2017, 03:55 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
What's New in NBA Live 18

https://www.easports.com/nba-live/features

WHAT’S NEW IN NBA LIVE 18
NBA LIVE 18 is all about player control, taking place where skill meets style. Every outcome is based on the actions you take, with mechanics that make every choice and twitch skill more impactful than ever before.

GAMEPLAY INNOVATION

ONE-ON-ONE MECHANIC
Discover an array of game-changing moves and hundreds of fresh player signature styles, animations, and interactions at every position, with unprecedented one-on-one control and responsiveness.

DRIBBLE SYSTEM
On offense, use it to catch your defender out of position, and on defense, use the skill-based counter move to stay in front of the ballhandler to direct pace and tempo.

REAL PLAYER MOVEMENT
Delivers on-ball defense with control and responsiveness, letting you stay with the ball carrier and cut off the drive through skill-based timing windows.

IN THE POST
Be in position to control bigs and use size and strength to blow by your opponent, cut off the drive, protect the basket, or score down low.

ON-COURT AWARENESS
Experience rim-rattling dunks, smooth layups, and the pure physicality of player interactions within one-on-one gameplay around the basket, featuring an amazing amount of animation variety and signature finishes.

PHYSICS-BASED TRANSITIONS
With more animations than ever before, each baller in the game maintains realistic momentum throughout every matchup and every move. You’ll feel closer to real action than a front row seat.

WAYS TO PLAY

THE ONE

This is how you play NBA LIVE 18! An all-new and dynamic career journey. Create your individual player identity and become a legend in The League and The Streets. Master your selected role and playstyle on the court along with unique signature abilities, traits, and gear. Level up your player as you drive to become and icon. Ever choice you make defines your rise to glory.

FRANCHISE
Take control of your favorite NBA team and build it into an unstoppable hoop force while playing games and upgrading the team. Draft top players, make smart trades, and improve your skills with the distinctive upgrade points system. Every decision is yours as you ball through season after season in a streamlined experience while chasing championships.

ULTIMATE TEAM
Build a hand-picked squad of hardwood superstars from past and present. Earn Coins or purchase NBA LIVE Points and scoop up packs from the store to acquire more players, coaches, uniforms, and stadiums, adding strength to your roster. Complete challenges, receive rewards, and elevate your status. Collect. Upgrade. Dominate!
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2017, 04:10 PM   #2
MVP

bateman11's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: What's New in NBA Live 18

Looks like a lot of attention to detail on collisions and one to one interaction between ballhandler and defender(s). That's great and a serious weakness in previous versions.

Nice to see a mention of franchise mode..perhaps we will be given more control in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2017, 04:11 PM   #3
Rookie

oneHova's Arena

OVR: 0

So you're telling me they released all of this info on the game including "THE ONE" trailers all without revealing a cover athlete to go along with it all? smh
Old 06-10-2017, 04:44 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
Looks like a lot of attention to detail on collisions and one to one interaction between ballhandler and defender(s). That's great and a serious weakness in previous versions.

Nice to see a mention of franchise mode..perhaps we will be given more control in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The word streamlined in the franchise blurb kind of scares me. They're franchise mode was already pretty bare, not sure how they're gonna streamline it even further and still add the features they need
Old 06-10-2017, 05:03 PM   #5
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Now EA and 2ksports have competition on marketing for NBA game : NBA live 18 vs NBA 2k18. i am wondering what *things does 2ksports improve on NBA 2k18 for gameplay, My Gm/League and presentation
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2017, 05:50 PM   #6
Reignman Baby!

SonicBoom2040's Arena

OVR: 2

Info and all looks and sounds good...minus the grammatical errors...but seriously if some people just care about who is on the cover...why play? Cuz it don't really matter. They could put Jesus on the cover and I'd buy it and I'm an atheist ....so...my two cents
Old 06-10-2017, 06:13 PM   #7
Pro

What I am really excited about is the ball handler vs defender matchups where there are tools on both sides of the ball to counter each other. Almost like a fighting game, could be a great way to showcase the most dynamic aspect of basketball and make it fun unlike other past iterations and or series where those moments are painful, unresponsive, or completely cheesy. Loved the Proam idea from 16 with the quick get in and out gameplay. As an online only player I really hope this is not tied to single player grinding. I loath that elsewhere.
Old 06-10-2017, 06:37 PM   #8
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

It's a nice list, but copywriters can make any product sound great on paper. Until it is demonstrated in unedited gameplay, it's just a nice list.

Waiting to see the game in action, whenever that happens.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »