Home

Leaked 5v5 gameplay

This is a discussion on Leaked 5v5 gameplay within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2017, 12:43 PM   #49
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Leaked 5v5 gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Dre, did they talk to you all at all about their signature shooting tech? If so, post what you know, and maybe I can expound on it, lol.

Also, they're removing animations hourly, but with all of the code in there, it's going to take a while to find and remove replace the legacy ones.

The tipping of passing and awareness I've run into the ground.

The contact and physicality is something to see and experience. There's some really nasty stuff that can happen.
Might have. Mentioned the dribble moves and how/when they do it and how it was implemented.

I mentioned how some of those jump shots were not authentic signature shots that needed looked at.

Come to think of it they mentioned like john walls personal sig moves for example and the spin layup which looked nice in game....do you mean that?

Because we talked about that and kyries in particular.

For a sec i thought he was about to tell me they had packages

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Last edited by 23; 06-11-2017 at 12:46 PM.
Old 06-11-2017, 12:51 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 0

Looks like a solid reboot to me. If they can continue to build upon by ironing out some animations, adding better AI logic, etc then they should be able to compete with 2K in a couple years.

One thing I do think they already do better than 2K just from looking at that short video is the depth of the court seems much more realistic. In 2k the court has never seemed wide enough. Live 18 seems to do a better job at this.

Also I like the offball defenders are proactive in putting themselves in better position to help as the ball moves both towards them and away from them. The possession starting at 1:40 shows this. You can see people step away and step towards their assignment according to where the ball is. I even like how the offball arent just facing the opposite baseline the entire time as they do in 2k. Curry got that drive at 1:56 because Lebron couldnt help off KD. Loved it.

A couple things that need to be improved however: at 1:54 Kyrie is at the elbow while guarding Steph. I think i see him trying to close the distance between he and steph as ZaZa receives the pass from Dray but that needs to happen quicker as we all know Steph would have taken that 3 point shot in real life.

At 1:02 i dont like how J.R. gets back doored even though he is already standing at the block. That pass at the very least should have been deflected.

Overall it wasnt terrible and was actually decent. The foundation seems to be there. Will be able to find the bugs once we get the demo however.
Old 06-11-2017, 12:51 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 2
That doesn't look bad. *At least the body types look correct. *Some of 2ks body types are way off. *However, this happens every year at E3. *Live puts out something that looks decent, then 2k blows them out of the water.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2017, 12:54 PM   #52
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
I liked what i saw. Hopefully, there are more defensive deflections on passes into the paint. I saw a couple of passes that got inside to easily.

Zaza and Green steeping over to take charges on penetration was good to see.
If you throw passes across court the defense will pick it off. That was a nice touch

Old 06-11-2017, 12:56 PM   #53
Pro

OVR: 0

23....how would you rate the ballhandler v. defender interactions? Any stonewall defense that shouldnt be there? Does the defender take angles to cut you off?
Old 06-11-2017, 01:02 PM   #54
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baebae32
23....how would you rate the ballhandler v. defender interactions? Any stonewall defense that shouldnt be there? Does the defender take angles to cut you off?
You can play D...over do it and you're out of the action.

Dont recall any on ball steals happen but you should be able to string something together good enough to get by a guy

Old 06-11-2017, 01:11 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 1

That looked really good, this will be a neat birthday present for me. Thank you NBA Live developers for listening to the community and delivering something special.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2017, 01:12 PM   #56
yellow

23's Arena

Will they also mentioned Currys high finger rolls layups

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »