Home

Old 06-27-2017, 09:27 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Ps4 Pro

As a ps4 pro owner if all you have is a 1080p tv NO the pro is not worth it I don't care how much extra ram and faster gpu it has most games don't use it YET supersampling is not been used much.....So i have to say if you Sticking with a 1080p tv get the new xbox one X in November it will automatically supersample to help you with a better image on 1080p

Sent from my SM-G920T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-27-2017, 11:25 AM   #10
Rookie

All i hear is the ps4 pro is loud and gets hot.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-27-2017, 11:57 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkfly
All i hear is the ps4 pro is loud and gets hot.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
Nah the fan on some games gets going pretty good.....nba 2k17 is one of them.....reminds me of the xbox 360 fan

Sent from my SM-G920T using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2017, 01:01 PM   #12
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7

I did not notice much of a difference at all. Colors may pop a bit more but that's about it.

On the Xbox - xPonchoChief
Old 06-29-2017, 08:13 PM   #13
Pro

zrohman's Arena

This is a very subjective thing. Some people will clamor about all of the specs but someone who realistically uses it day to day won't notice a huge different between the two, especially on a 1080p tv.

The question is, is it worth the money? Your claiming your PS4 is on it's last leg. First I'll say that's very subjective. If your PS4 has no bluetooth working, wifi not working, extreme crashes, etc, maybe it is on it's last leg. But if it is just simply old it doesn't mean it's on it's last leg.

Regardless, my last comment was based on "is it worth the upgrade when my TV is not a 4k tv". It was not based on the information that you are already planning to switch your PS4 to a new PS4 regardless.

If your planning to switch to a new PS4 regardless, I would have a couple of things to say:

1: PS4 Pro would be faster and load some things faster.

2: Like Zack said above, a few things might pop a little more, but you may not notice much of a difference on your TV.

3: You have to ask yourself if that is worth roughly $200. You can find a really nice deal on a PS4, brand new even on ebay even with a warranty without tax. Or you can find a great deal at best buy even for a PS4 currently. So in the end you will spend nearly $200 more just to get the Pro. That's almost double the price of the regular PS4 so you have to ask yourself if that's 'worth the two things above. The one benefit is that you are "future proofed". And if you plan to keep it for 5 plus years, you may get a 4K tv in two years and you will not need to buy ANOTHER PS4 at that time.

4: PS4 Pros should see a price drop soon. The Xbox One X is dropping later this year in a few months. Ps4 Pro will drop most likely to combat the release. So that may be a better time to buy in general.

Last edited by zrohman; 06-29-2017 at 08:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »