Home

Is it vital NBA Live is released before NBA 2K?

This is a discussion on Is it vital NBA Live is released before NBA 2K? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2017, 01:18 AM   #25
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is it vital NBA Live is released before NBA 2K?

I'm surprised EA hasn't come up with some kind of bundle deal with Madden & Live, seems like the perfect opportunity to get Live in more players homes. Maybe something like buy Madden 18 in the first week and get NBA Live 18 code for free, or a bundle with Madden 18 and NBA Live 18 for $89.99. It's almost like EA isn't trying to push Live to sell more copies, it takes more than just having a good product to sell when you're the underdog.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2017, 04:57 PM   #26
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanhazz1
Not against the idea, but problem I see with those who want EA to take the NFL 2K5 approach, and release LIVE early at a lower price, is that they (EA) don't have to. 2K HAD to do that to get on the playing field as a new AAA game. Regardless of the product over the last iterations, LIVE is still one of the OGs of the EA sports era, as their name is well known, unlike the days of 2K making a name for itself.

Live series is a resurrection attempt, to be fun and unique, not a new product to compete for Number 1, not yet.

Live Mobile did well enough on its own, and with their other "successful" franchises, they can afford to "rob from Peter to pay Paul", with regards to funding LIVE 18. The other points to overcome is the cost of the NBA License itself (mobile and two consoles...pc?), and the 2 years of development with the license, but without a console release to recoup from, which also factor into the full game price.

If the reviews and sales are weak, they can STILL lower the price, after release, sometime before it goes "free" in EA access, which has been the norm for most of their content anyway.

Good points here
Old 07-25-2017, 05:44 PM   #27
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

[quote=seanhazz1;2048913596]Not against the idea, but problem I see with those who want EA to take the NFL 2K5 approach, and release LIVE early at a lower price, is that they (EA) don't have to. 2K HAD to do that to get on the playing field as a new AAA game. Regardless of the product over the last iterations, LIVE is still one of the OGs of the EA sports era, as their name is well known, unlike the days of 2K making a name for itself.

Live series is a resurrection attempt, to be fun and unique, not a new product to compete for Number 1, not yet.

Live Mobile did well enough on its own, and with their other "successful" franchises, they can afford to "rob from Peter to pay Paul", with regards to funding LIVE 18. The other points to overcome is the cost of the NBA License itself (mobile and two consoles...pc?), and the 2 years of development with the license, but without a console release to recoup from, which also factor into the full game price.

If the reviews and sales are weak, they can STILL lower the price, after release, sometime before it goes "free" in EA access, which has been the norm for most of their content anyway.[
/QUOTE]

By that time most people will have chosen nba 2K as their nba game of choice and will not give Live a chance.
Old 08-01-2017, 01:46 AM   #28
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

The more EA remains unresponsive to 2K's daily barrage of screenshots or information, I'm starting to think that EA has taken the approach that some posters here have said, which is to not try to compete with 2K, and to focus on their own product. Seems EA is doing things at their own pace, with no attention to what 2K is doing.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:52 AM   #29
Rookie

seanhazz1's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
The more EA remains unresponsive to 2K's daily barrage of screenshots or information, I'm starting to think that EA has taken the approach that some posters here have said, which is to not try to compete with 2K, and to focus on their own product. Seems EA is doing things at their own pace, with no attention to what 2K is doing.

EA did screenshots months ago. They did LIVE hands-on play at specific events around the country, with good to great initial reviews from "2k heads" who actually played and reviewed. 2K Is JUST now showing screen shots about a month before their release. No demo announced, no improvements announced, no hands on feedback from fans. Live took the "don't talk about it, be about it" approach in their advertising and word of mouth spread fast, positively. The LIVE demo will be out in a couple weeks, crickets on that same announcement from the competition. Personally I'm glad EA is doing their own thing this round and daring to try a new approach. It makes it all exciting again.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NBA 2k18
Madden 18
Absolver
STO
TWITCH Stream
BEAM Stream
Old 08-01-2017, 10:07 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
Actually,maybe you missed it but LIVE had screenshots..gameplay way before 2K,they actually have game "fully playing" go to YouTube...

I've yet to seen an in gameplay video of people playing 2k. Yes 2k has shown a few screenshots,but NO gameplay,but did announce features.

NBA LIVE has shown screenshots,gameplay,and touched on a mode I forget which one THE ONE I believe?

I'm not even a LIVE fan,always 2k for me but LIVE has shown much more in way of gameplay.

They also should have because they owe it to gamers to get their confidence back..while 2k doesn't really need to.

Only thing I might feel LIVE won't be as DEEP as 2k..this year as they built from ground up...so maybe stats..and deeper franchise mode in 2k.

I do think LIVE will be a good title,doesn't have to be,just a great foundation would be nice..asking for more might be asking too much.

I would love next year to have TWO games everyone is hyped about and maybe can say ..hey which will be better...without being laughed at.

Just my take.🖐

Sent from my SM-T800 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-01-2017, 10:16 AM   #31
Rookie

Macs Power's Arena

I reckon this is the year where a base has been used and improved upon. Reckon the game will be pretty good and it's from here on that the game can be competitive.

Still, I'm at least confident that The One will have people coming back, as long as EA sticks to their promise of loot crates, added content (from time-to-time) and boss battles. That'll keep people playing

NBA Fan since 2007
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2017, 10:16 AM   #32
Pro

coudnt agree more nutty, all live has to produce is a solid game this year. not compete!

2k is in a GREAT space sales wide, but it seems theyre losing more of us "older" gamers year after year due to them catering to a younger audience (its all good though!) imo. live had all of our hearts before 2k became prominent, so maybe one day they can get that old thang back lol, but for now i just need a solid game.

i still play ncaa football 14, college hoops 2k8 so i dont need all the new bells and whistles - just a fun basketball game that doesnt nickle and dime me at every turn.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »