Home

NBA Live 18 Demo-Game breaking Issues

This is a discussion on NBA Live 18 Demo-Game breaking Issues within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2017, 08:02 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 18 Demo-Game breaking Issues

I have noticed that the one handed reverse layup animation goes in about every time no matter the contest unless it it actually blocked. It is great if it beats an opponent on the front side to finish on the reverse but I have seen it go in a bunch contested from all angles.

I have noticed that shooting in the live pick up games is harder than offline (probably due to lag) while scoring in the paint seems easier if not even a bit cheesy at times. Really hope this gets balanced out.

Wing scorer at the moment seems to have a large advantage over other builds and it is hard to get users to respect playmakers and other builds online and not just try and do everything themselves. Just my opinion at the moment but more experience and fully leveled players may change that opinion.

The Live Run mode has been very laggy and problematic for many including myself. Getting stuck in the lobby with it not allowing enough players to join and start a game. And then subsequently when getting into a game it was very laggy many times making it almost impossible to shoot or utilize advanced techniques. Though a Live Dev stated that it had been fixed and my last game was full 5 on 5 that played smoothly. However my character maxed out after that game and have not reset and played again yet.

another thing I hope they change is the ability to break out of the dribbling up the court animations more seamlessly. Many times (especially online) players want to rush and pressure you right off, sometimes I want to do a quick and more flashy dribble move but there is a delay in the dribble stick controls and I get stuck doing nothing against the pressure putting me at risk to get picked or having to pass the ball when I did not want to. I assume that this is because the animation is trying to play out before the control of the dribble stick is activated. Would be awesome to get that smoothed out.

All I have for now, I think the game is fantastic and is already my favorite game. yet at the same time there is still room for improvement and that really excites me.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:05 PM   #10
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
game breaking??? a little overboard huh
Yeah it is a ridiculous title, especially for what the complaint was hahaha. But there should be a glitch and improvement thread which is why I listed some stuff. Maybe this can be retitled.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:45 PM   #11
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Meh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2017, 02:08 AM   #12
Rookie

Only thing for me is that full court shots hit the rim please mix in some air balls or shots that are way off
Old 08-17-2017, 03:14 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt8732
Only thing for me is that full court shots hit the rim please mix in some air balls or shots that are way off
This and the behind the backboard reverse layup are the two main things I've seen so far.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2017, 03:53 AM   #14
All Star

Biggest issue and concern I am seeing is clock management. I am seeing the CPU taking a lot of deep shoots with like 5 seconds left in a quarter instead of trying to pass the ball or get a little closer. I am seeing CPU take shoots at the end of the game when they shouldn't. I saw KI do a like half spin and then spin back and jack up a like 30 foot 3's with a guy right in his face with like 10 seconds left on the shoot clock. CPU clock management is really bad and it is not the kind of thing that can be fixed/improved by sliders like some of the other things like blocks can. Also things like clock management AI is something that is not a easy kind of thing to fix in a patch either. Hopefully it is fixed in the final version.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:24 AM   #15
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

This is how the Live developers know they made it back.

You didn't see these threads pop up in years here. They only showed up in other basketball game forums when well polished titles were being criticized for anything someone could find. It'll happen again with other new titles.

So congrats Live devs. You've made it! Keep working on improving things all while knowing someone out there is now looking to find everything wrong with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2017, 11:36 AM   #16
Pro

Re: EA Devs please enter: NBA Live 18 Demo-Game breaking Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
Isn't it against the rules to make a thread saying something like DEVS LOOK AT THIS.

And again, isn't there an impressions thread that devs have been very attentive to already?
I would not have known that rule. yes there is an impressions thread. the impressions thread should not be mixed with the straight on game breaking issues thread. especially when we're talking about live a game that knows its behind the other monster game and these devs literally need even more feed back then the other monster game. sure they both want it and use it. but lets be clear. live better use every bit of feed back they get. and the better we can filter it for them, the easier it will be for them to see things and say ok, this is the thread for the more lets say Emergency Issues that need to be fixed right now. Some of the other stuff is more of a preference that could be checked on down the line. But it wont stop someone from buying the game.

These issues can be a death nail for the game for some people. Not me. but for some. and dont let this kind of stuff blow up on the net and turn into another jesus bynum situation. I didnt make this thread to look like mr big shot talking to devs. I made it for you guys to post all the game breaking stuff in one place for them to just go right to it. they will still follow the impressions threads as well. If you disagree, the mods can merge this back with the original impressions thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »