Home

NBA Live 18 Demo-Game breaking Issues

This is a discussion on NBA Live 18 Demo-Game breaking Issues within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2017, 03:14 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
NBA Live 18 Demo-Game breaking Issues

The videos I'm posting are not mine. I found them on another forum I frequent when discussing live 18(nba-live.com or NLSC) the poster was Izzy Snow. I know the site owner of NLSC has met with the EA team a couple of times in the past. Anyway, I would like this thread to be all the stuff you think that is game breaking or at best game changing things we the players believe needs to be corrected ASAP. Obviously we Hope they can be and will be corrected ASAP. Whatever the issue please provide video evidence like below.

Watch the catch and shoot on the video below among other things. but notice how every single player that is standing still when they get the ball in a catch and shoot situation they all shuffle their feet a bit. is this true to real life? Do guys catch the ball at a standstill then switch their fit then go up? if so. leave it in the game. if not? take it out. if some of the bad shooters do it then make it more pronounced for the bad shooters and not much at all for the good shooters. But this is an issue that some are talking about when they say its a slight delay on jumpers in catch and shoot situations. that slight moment takes off time. thats just enough time for some out of position defender to recover and close out on the shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP-TIcOTNs4

lets look at this video...towards the middle to the end when it starts showing shooting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o01SvZUUFio

These are not necessarly stand still catch and shoot situations. but you can see slight foot movement on the catch depending on where the pass is coming from and which direction klay is going towards. if he's stepping back of course he's still moving a foot to go back. if he's going to one side on the catch yes, he's slightly stepping to the side. but never is he switching his feet up in a shuffle fashion.

Now watch this video with richard jefferson showing you how to catch and shoot properly. Watch his feet. yes they move because you are first facing the passer in a ready position. you catch the ball while you're moving your foot back into proper position to shoot. no two feet shuffling like you see in the above nba live gameplay video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAciDKWtSi8

---
Now lets get into the clipping issues. these are game killers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWrZHMea78o

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceVAEYBv5tY

Last edited by splashmountain; 08-16-2017 at 03:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2017, 03:33 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: EA Devs please enter: NBA Live 18 Demo-Game breaking Issues

Soooo... Someone once told that live is going to kick 2k *** this year... 😂😂😂

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-16-2017, 04:53 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackonish
Soooo... Someone once told that live is going to kick 2k *** this year... 😂😂😂

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Operation Sports mobile app
2K has 10x worse clipping and feet planting...
Old 08-16-2017, 06:24 PM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Edited the title...

I'm having trouble understanding the first complaint....does it effect gameplay at all or is it just a visual thing?

The second thing is funny...

Long time Live players will notice that yes, there is more clipping in this game then any other next gen....that's why I laugh any time I hear some one trying to sell me on this game being a revolution in physics- yes it has some some cool physics elements but its a complete different direction from what 14, 15, 16 tried to do physics wise....but as you can see, the game is better for it...

I dont get why people make such a big deal out of inconsequential clipping. Yes its ugly, but its inevitable with current technology. The ball cant be 100% tangible, itd be madness.

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 08-16-2017 at 06:34 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:25 PM   #5
Pro

zrohman's Arena

Isn't it against the rules to make a thread saying something like DEVS LOOK AT THIS.

And again, isn't there an impressions thread that devs have been very attentive to already?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2017, 06:40 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Edited the title...

I'm having trouble understanding the first complaint....does it effect gameplay at all or is it just a visual thing?

Long time Live players will notice that yes, there is more clipping in this game then any other next gen....that's why I laugh any time I hear some one trying to sell me on this game being a revolution in physics- yes it has some some cool physics elements but its a complete different direction from what 14, 15, 16 tried to do physics wise....but as you can see, the game is better for it...

I dont get why people make such a big deal out of inconsequential clipping. Yes its ugly, but its inevitable with current technology. The ball cant be 100% tangible, itd be madness.
i still play ncaa football 14 and college hoops 2k8 - tons of clipping in both but i still love'em. it happens, as long as it doesnt interfere with gameplay and merely just visual - im good with a lil clipping lol
Old 08-16-2017, 07:13 PM   #7
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Edited the title...

Can you make sure users don't corrupt this thread with "Live vs 2k" posts like the ones above? It's just trolling

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2017, 07:57 PM   #8
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

Re: NBA Live 18 Demo-Game breaking Issues

game breaking??? a little overboard huh

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »