Home

Struggling playing on Superstar

This is a discussion on Struggling playing on Superstar within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2017, 09:57 PM   #1
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10
Icon5 Struggling playing on Superstar

Man, I love the fight that the cpu puts up on Superstar difficulty (default sliders). They make every possession critical. They force you into costly turnovers, and make you pay for leaving your man open.

But man does it seem impossible to win. I always seem to keep it close for 2.5 quarters, but then they start to pull away. Defensively, they nail such a high percentage from 3 down the stretch, and on offense they cut off every path to the lane and are in the passing lane of most of my passes.

Admittedly I'm not all that great on "the sticks" -- I've never mastered the right stick dribbling in 2K or now Live 18. Anyone else struggling? Any tips?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2017, 10:08 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: Struggling playing on Superstar

First lose 10 times in a row.

Learn the way the game flows on superstar. Learning the good passing window is key.

Im currently 1-20 on superstar using cavs. Wouldnt be very hard using GSW with baby shaq down low.

There is momentum in this game and that should be your goal. When the game is in your favor punish the cpu. When they go on runs, use your time outs. Especially if main players are getting cold.

Learning when to use plays is important also. Shouldnt run plays every time down the court.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:55 PM   #3
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

vs GSW-

Run up and squeeze everyone they pass to with a combination of LT and RS up to keep a hand in their face

CPU doesnt react well to heavy pressure...always play the jumper because thats what theyre hunting most of the time...

https://streamable.com/09vq4
Old 08-16-2017, 11:59 PM   #4
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Maybe give allstar more time ? I tried superstar a few times but found a better balanced on allstar
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 08-17-2017, 12:11 AM   #5
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

Play on all star i find that level more balanced. The highest difficulties in these sports games usually create artificial disadvantages to the user. Its like a cheesy boss fight in fighting games when the difficulty is ramped up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2017, 12:21 AM   #6
MVP

Insight23's Arena

OVR: 1

I've been using these sliders in my last few games. They're solid outside of there being too many And1's at times. Less highlight plays but I feel there are too many of those plays on default all-star once you get the hang of it.

https://thaliveking.wordpress.com/20...s-cpu-sliders/
Old 08-17-2017, 12:41 AM   #7
MVP

Jumpman232's Arena

OVR: 12

Passing the ball is so hard on Superstar, CPU intercepts a good amount of my passes. Had to make the switch to All-Star.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:23 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
vs GSW-

Run up and squeeze everyone they pass to with a combination of LT and RS up to keep a hand in their face

CPU doesnt react well to heavy pressure...always play the jumper because thats what theyre hunting most of the time...

https://streamable.com/09vq4
This to a degree, you can't just hold LT, stop their initial drive with quick pressure or play a proper angle. The Cpu has a really hard time scoring on me as long as I am not just messing around trying different things. Real defensive strategies work very well in this game. I like to dictate where the offense will flow with my defense ensuring I am funneling them to help at all times, the AI does an amazing job on off ball and help and rotations so take advantage of it.

On offense master the stick skills so you can exploit every angle or create openings with Kyrie/Legron/steph/kd. master the pick and roll, a fantastic tool with great control. Just know that the AI is superb in this game and will not defend it the same way every play so look for what they are giving you or know how you want to exploit what they show. Just like real basketball. Anticipate the openings instead of passing on reactions because the defense closes the gap quick and the passes are not always instant. Plays work well too but you need to understand what each one is giving you before you want to depend on them against Superstar and remember that plays don't necessarily have to give you an open shot but just an angle to create so be ready to exploit it.

So basically master the controls and then apply real world high level tactics. It is totally worth it, I am thinking like a baller while I play not just a gamer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »