***Official Detroit Pistons Thread*** - Page 177 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

***Official Detroit Pistons Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official Detroit Pistons Thread*** within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads

Old 06-17-2017, 04:19 PM   #1409
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: ***Official Detroit Pistons Thread***

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/06/17/de...andre-drummond
Old 06-17-2017, 10:16 PM   #1410
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
the worst part was the speculation blip about bring Stuckey back
Old 06-19-2017, 05:46 PM   #1411
MVP

TL;DR: the 'Stones are in really bad shape. Bad team with high payroll and no cap space, with no flexibility to move contracts.

Honestly, is there anyone on the roster you absolutely wouldn't move for a 2nd-round draft pick?
Old 06-23-2017, 11:13 AM   #1412
MVP

I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate Luke Kennard. That doesn't change the day he puts on the Pistons blue-red-white.

I want SVG fired just for this pick alone. It's going to make it really hard to root for the Pistons for the forseeable future...
Old 06-23-2017, 12:39 PM   #1413
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate Luke Kennard. That doesn't change the day he puts on the Pistons blue-red-white.

I want SVG fired just for this pick alone. It's going to make it really hard to root for the Pistons for the forseeable future...
is it a standard Duke player hatred or something specific about his game? If the guy can shoot as advertised I'm pretty satisfied. We were so close to getting Monk though
Old 06-23-2017, 05:34 PM   #1414
MVP

Sort of standard Dookie-hate, but more just him specifically - I can't explain it, but he's got a really punch-able face and irritating manner about him that made me want to strangle him every time I saw him on the court in college. Sort of like JJ Redick. I knew we were going to draft him and I was prepping for having to sort of root for his success. But it's going to be hard.

Alas, his defense may keep him from ever seeing the court in long stretches, anyway, so I might be spared.

But on a more serious note, I have serious concerns about SVG's player evaluation abilities. His free agent signings and draft picks since he's come to Detroit and basically taken full control of all aspects of the team have been less-than-stellar. Honestly, without any significant progress, and with him saddling us with so many bad contracts, I don't know how the team continues to employ him any further.

I hate to say it, but tanking for a few years might be the Pistons only long-term hope at this point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »