Home

The NCAA Basketball 10 Esoteric Information Thread (learn and discuss the arcane)

This is a discussion on The NCAA Basketball 10 Esoteric Information Thread (learn and discuss the arcane) within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-08-2010, 01:34 PM   #1
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31
The NCAA Basketball 10 Esoteric Information Thread (learn and discuss the arcane)

Hey guys, I thought we should do each other a favor and compile all the information we have learned about this game into one thread. Kudos to Koshi and the fans of Choops 2k8 for making a widely popular thread about all things 2k8. I thought it would be a good idea for us fans of EA's game to pool our knowledge together and come up with any thing that's not in the manual, which judging by EA's manuals means almost everything.

So, I cordially invite you to inform us on anything from how to perform some of the moves within the game, how to get around some glitches, recruiting findings, etc. This is a community and hopefully with enough information and enough posts we can get this stickied so it's always on the front page.

I will be working on a recruiting guide this week (even though I said it would be done this week.) We have many fans here who have already given some great info so let's put it in one spot for all of the late-comers.

See you in the paint!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2010, 01:59 PM   #2
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: The NCAA Basketball 10 Esoteric Information Thread (learn and discuss the arcane)

I think this should be said first (especially for 360 users...and especially if you downloaded rosters from the media center)...

I was experiencing freezing like most in my dynasty mode but I have completely stoped using the D-pad to make subs, ESPECIALLY during timeouts. Just go straight to the start menu and make your subs and defensive adjustments and whatnot. I am not saying that this will totally eliminate freezing, but I am pretty confident that it significantly reduces them. (I myself have yet to have a freeze since doing this--thanks to suggestions from the people on this board ).
Old 01-08-2010, 05:32 PM   #3
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: The NCAA Basketball 10 Esoteric Information Thread (learn and discuss the arcane)

Passing:

Freestyle passing: While holding LT, use the R-Stick to pass to any given direction (very effective on fast breaks and kick outs!)

Icon passing: L-trigger, press button you want to pass to, let go of button you want to pass to while still holding the trigger.

Off Ball Control: L-trigger, press and hold button of guy you want to control, release trigger while still holding icon button.

Alley Oop tip - I have been able to throw a successful alley oop and "dunk" beyond the 3 point line (not that often, but I have done it a few times). I throw most of them successfully around the FT line though. The key for me has been making sure I am hitting the L-Stick 'toward' the guy I'm trying to pass it to while pressing the RB button. This will eliminate the times you throw the alley oop to someone cutting towards the hoop and instead throwing a lob pass to someone trailing behind you (or just throwing the lob to the wrong person). Don't get caught pressing just RB by itself....use the L-stick as well. To finish with a dunk, the path must be clear to the basket.

Post Moves: (note: someone may want to check these as I am typing this at work and I don't have the game available to me. I do remember these being the controls from NCAA 09 and I am pretty sure its the same in NCAA 10...but don't quote me!) The controls were a bit different in NCAA 09 (i.e. the 2 different shoot buttons)...but I think I made the correct changes.

Back down - Click R-stick to face back to the basket. Then move L-stick towards the basket

Up and under - double tap (X)

Spin Move - flick R-stick left or right

Drop Step - R-trigger + flick R-stick left or right

Fade away - X + L-stick away from basket

Pump fake and go - Tap (X) + move R-stick left or right

Face up - move R-Stick up or down

Go move from face up - move R-stick left or right

*turn to stong shoulder to do a hook shot more often than not (I will go back and check this when I get home tonight)

Old 01-08-2010, 06:37 PM   #4
MVP

SqueakyD's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
Passing:

Freestyle passing: While holding LT, use the R-Stick to pass to any given direction (very effective on fast breaks and kick outs!)

Just want to add that this method of passing is quite effective in avoiding the opponent CPU's intentional fouls when they're trailing near the end of the game. You don't get sucked into the animation quite as easily, but of course be careful of the pick.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:29 PM   #5
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

I know bumping old threads is found upon, but I found this one in particular helpful and I love the thread on the CH2k8 forum.

I thought maybe you guys have found some other tips/"secrets" in your extended time with the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2011, 05:47 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

I definately dont recall seeing this thread so thanks for bumping it. The post moves portion is very helpful. Look forward to trying them tonight.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:46 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Are there certain release points in the post to better your chance at making a hook shot, or fade away? ex. release at the top of your shot for a jumper

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »