Home

Official Retired Numbers thread

This is a discussion on Official Retired Numbers thread within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2009, 06:13 PM   #49
Rookie

melonhead57's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Official Retired Numbers thread

BYU Cougars

#8 Steve Young
#14 Gifford Nielson/Ty Detmer
#40 Eldon Fortie
#81 Marion Probert
Old 07-28-2009, 04:09 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 23

No retired numbers for the Gators. Spurrier's #11 and Scot Brantley's #55 were retired at one point. But I think they were re-issued under Spurrier.

How long do you think it will take them to retire Tebow's #15? Sometime in the 2010 season, lol.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:04 PM   #51
Rookie

GoDevils95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC
No retired numbers for the Gators. Spurrier's #11 and Scot Brantley's #55 were retired at one point. But I think they were re-issued under Spurrier.

How long do you think it will take them to retire Tebow's #15? Sometime in the 2010 season, lol.
You would think Tebow cured cancer, solved the middle East crisis, and got rid of world hunger the way the UF fans carry on about him. It's just football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #52
Rookie

andy4theherd's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDevils95
You would think Tebow cured cancer, solved the middle East crisis, and got rid of world hunger the way the UF fans carry on about him. It's just football.

he's the kind of kid our country needs more of... and i am in no way a gator fan.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:04 PM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Do you hate the guy because hes likely to go down as the greatest college player ever? Or is it because of the person he is away from the field? The guy is a role model. Stop making the stupid statements.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:35 AM   #54
Rookie

GoDevils95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC
Do you hate the guy because hes likely to go down as the greatest college player ever? Or is it because of the person he is away from the field? The guy is a role model. Stop making the stupid statements.
Gator,

When did I ever say that I "hated" Tebow? Never. If I do dislike anything...it's that UF fans think Tebow is the greatest QB to ever play college football....hence...me posting in response to your comment about UF retiring Tebow's # in 2010. Tebow is a great college QB. Probably will never play that position in the NFL...or the book on him now is he's not good enough now. The way the national media carries on about Tim Tebow is ridiculous. It's not Tebow's fault. Outside of the state of FL and SEC land, nobody cares about Tim Tebow.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:29 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 2

Iowa Hawkeyes

#62= Cal Jones
#24= Nile Kinnick
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2009, 02:45 AM   #56
Banned

Quote:
Gator,

When did I ever say that I "hated" Tebow? Never. If I do dislike anything...it's that UF fans think Tebow is the greatest QB to ever play college football....hence...me posting in response to your comment about UF retiring Tebow's # in 2010. Tebow is a great college QB. Probably will never play that position in the NFL...or the book on him now is he's not good enough now. The way the national media carries on about Tim Tebow is ridiculous. It's not Tebow's fault. Outside of the state of FL and SEC land, nobody cares about Tim Tebow.
Lol, ok man. And people wonder why we have the SEC vs the world attitude. There is no definate answer for the greatest QB of all time, but Tebow is in the discussion. And do you think people care about USC or the 9 teams they have owned for almost a decade.

The national media carries him because he is the best player in college football, thats how it works. Id rather the national media talk about Tim Tebow all day long, rather than the crap they talk about now like Michael Vick, steroids in baseball, USC buying their players houses, etc. Whats rediculous is the way people like you keep saying "Tebow wont play QB in the NFL" just because you heard it on tv. And its about the only knock you all have on the guy at the moment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »