Home

A Friendly Reminder Regarding Named Roster Files

This is a discussion on A Friendly Reminder Regarding Named Roster Files within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2012, 07:51 PM   #1
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
A Friendly Reminder Regarding Named Roster Files

I figured I'd post this, since I'm starting to see ads for a shady webpage site pop up on Operation Sports once again (it's that time of year). This may be a duplicate post, in which case feel free to lock this, mods, but I'm not immediately seeing a recently-active thread on this topic. To the point:

DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR OTHERWISE ACQUIRE A NAMED ROSTER FILE FOR ANY EA SPORTS NCAA FOOTBALL VIDEO GAME FROM ANY SITE WHICH REQUIRES PAYMENT FOR ACCESS TO THE FILE.

The community here at Operation Sports will be putting together two separate named roster files - one for XBOX 360, one for Playstation 3 - and provide means by which to download each file for FREE via the EA Locker feature included in the software; possibly also via USB transfer. While those who make the rosters may accept voluntary donations for their creation and you are at your liberty to participate in that if you choose, by no means are you required to pay money to have access to a complete and correct named roster file for NCAA Football 13. Further, named roster files for NCAA Football games from previous years are already available in the aforementioned rosters forum, again for FREE via EA Locker and possibly also via USB transfer.

Once the two files (one for each console) are complete, they will be accessible via the roster forum here on this website, for FREE.

Again, named rosters for the EA Sports NCAA Football games are FREE and do not let anyone tell you otherwise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 08:22 PM   #2
MVP

RebelHog's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: A Friendly Reminder Regarding Named Roster Files

Avoid Teambuilder ones as well

http://nextgenuniforms.com/
Old 06-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #3
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

Not to mention that the sites that charge a fee usually have rosters that simply name the players that are on the default roster and do not make the many necessary changes.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:30 AM   #4
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSapp757
Not to mention that the sites that charge a fee usually have rosters that simply name the players that are on the default roster and do not make the many necessary changes.
Either that or they are rosters taken from here or The Gaming Tailgate and sold as their own.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #5
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

Having free named rosters is almost the same as having the right to bear arms!!! Dey took errr jerbs! lol

Agree, It's ridiculous that people try to make money off of these. We do if for free because we love college football, and want out fellow gamers to enjoy the game more. Working together to do them allows for more depth in the rosters, and you get tons of info from students and fans who know more than the average guy. It's nice when you find a student or fan at lets say a Wyoming, or smaller school, because those teams are hard to find info on, and the locals tend to know more as far as projected depth charts, transfers, etc. If you pay for a roster, you won't get that. You'll get a generic, flat, named roster of default players.

Last edited by Gap Integrity; 06-15-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2012, 02:48 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I want to thank the people, in advanced, that will take the to make this available for free. I plan on making a donation after I download the rosters. Thank you so very much! Cheers!
Old 06-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #7
MVP

cdk10's Arena

OVR: 15

Guys please, please talk up these rosters and the PS3 ones everywhere you can. If you have a website, make mention of them. If you post on other forums, make mention of them. If you blog or podcast, twitter, facebook whatever. Point is I'm tired of seeing these guys on ebay making money off of our work. No one should have to pay for rosters...

Please get the word out

Thanks

Xbox - CK11
PS4 - The_One_CK
Old 06-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I speak for the entire site I believe when I say a HUGE thank you from the guys over at Tradition-- we couldn't do what we do if you guys didn't do a superb job with these year in and year out.

A true and sincere thank you to "Carson and his guys"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »