Home

'13/'14 Rosters for NCAA '13 (XBox - WIP)

This is a discussion on '13/'14 Rosters for NCAA '13 (XBox - WIP) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: '13/'14 Rosters for NCAA '13 (XBox - WIP)

This is unreal you guys. Much appreciated. keep it up.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #34
Rookie

thegalatzanator's Arena

im swear im not trying to be difficult, im just trying to help you guys get this as accurate as possible.

Jordan Wilkins Should wear #21

Add Eugene Brazley if can

Jaylen walton should be #6

Mike Hilton should be # 28

Anthony Alford should be Mikhail Miller he wears #9 (Alford is sitting this year out due to transfer)

Daronte Bouldin and Davion Johnson will be guards

replace Ben Still with Robert Conyers and make him a OT he wears #78

Replace Quadarius mireles with Collins Moore he wears #16 and is a JR

Dehendret Collins can be #6 on defense

Nickolas Brassell will wear #2

Ralph Williams is a DE

Replace Will Martin with Herbert Moore and Move him to DT

Chief Brown should also wear #8

DT Shackleford is how it should be spelled

do these things and ole miss will be almost perfectly accurate. You guys are doing a great job so far. We all really really appreciate it.

Last edited by thegalatzanator; 02-09-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #35
Rookie

Team UGA's Arena

OVR: 6

Put up a small update (Get your latest post thegalatzanator on the next go around)
  • Updated coaches (Were as many firings as hirings though)
  • UAB & Kent St added
  • Suggestions made here updated

Looking into changing the ratings to the 24/7 composite rankings, will decide here soon on that...Did come up with a overall chart, I'll put it below on what I am thinking in a spoiler tab.

Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2013, 04:48 PM   #36
Rookie

thegalatzanator's Arena

that composite list looks legit. i think that makes sense
Old 02-09-2013, 05:44 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 3

The rosters are amazing. Please pardon my making a few suggestions that you may or may not find useful.

You may want to consult "Virginia Tech Football: Projecting the Hokies' 2013 Offensive Depth Chart" (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...13-depth-chart), and "Virginia Tech Football: Projecting the Hokies' 2013 2-Deep Depth Chart" (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ep-depth-chart). When one orders the players on your Virgina Tech roster in terms of OVR it does not always match up with these two projected depth charts. In other words, your roster has players with lower OVRs than other players who are lower on the depth chart at the same position.

You may also want to consult "Tech announces 2013 football recruiting class" (http://www.hokiesports.com/football/...130206aaa.html). This article, an official press release from the team, clears up some questions regarding what positions recruits will play.The biggest piece of information from this site is that Holland Fisher will play safey and probably SS since he was an LB in high school. (It states only two recruits in the class are LBs.) Your roster has him as a LB. You may want to include both new LB recruits on your roster since without them you would have to include one or more walk-on LB players and I think it is rare for a walk-on to have a higher OVR than a scholarship player at the same postion. In general I think you included some walk-on players instead of scholarship players at the same postion that could be given an equal or higher OVR rating.

I think your roster has a FR, R-FR or SOPH player who is not on the team anymore. I have to look at it again.

You rated Logan Thomas as having a TA of 79. This is what I gave him for my accurate 2012 roster. May I ask if your roster take into account how players might improve in the off season. You will recall that was so good a passer two years back that many draft experts had him going as a 1st round draft pick in the upcoming 2013 draft. I belive that he had such an off year was a big reason why he did not leave school early.

Your roster has Fuller as better than Exum. At the end of last season Exum was second team all ACC and Fuller was not even an honorable mention. When I did my 2012 roster I had Exum at an 87 and Fuller at an 86. If I were to make a 2013 roster I would both a few points higher but still keep Exum at a point higher than Fuller. The DEF depth chart article above mentioned that Exum is belirved to be the better cover man of the two so I would have his total MCV and ZCV ratings as a little higher than those of Fullers. A month ago there was talk of Exum leaving early for the draft. There was never any such talk about Fuller. They both should be drafted next year but Exum should go higher.

Would your rosters work for dynasty mode or are the ratings edited in such a way that they would not mesh with the ratings of system generated recruits?

Thank you gain for all your great work.

Last edited by Warren Piecee; 02-09-2013 at 11:22 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #38
Rookie

For the incoming freshman on this roster, I do not agree with using a table matching ranking to OVR. Each player should be rated individually rather than on a scale. An overall is nothing but a badly done average of individual ratings. If you want any help rating some of these incoming freshman, I'd be happy to help. This is a great project and I look forward to playing with this roster.

MIAMI DOLPHINS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES
FC BARCELONA
MIAMI HEAT
MIAMI MARLINS
Old 02-09-2013, 08:17 PM   #39
Rookie

thegalatzanator's Arena

i see what you mean, but that would be very hard to do for all 120 teams with 25 recruits on average for each team.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #40
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team UGA
Put up a small update (Get your latest post thegalatzanator on the next go around)
  • Updated coaches (Were as many firings as hirings though)
  • UAB & Kent St added
  • Suggestions made here updated

Looking into changing the ratings to the 24/7 composite rankings, will decide here soon on that...Did come up with a overall chart, I'll put it below on what I am thinking in a spoiler tab.

Spoiler
Rating recruits is very hard and a big time suck. This method seems as good as any I have come up with for coming up with OVRs. If you were to rate every individual recruit differently and independently and attribute by attribute you might still be working on the roster when NCAA 14 is released.

May I ask two questions about the chart? Are the rankings you use by position or are you using a national ranking that includes all players at all positions? Did you come up with the OVR ranges in the chart by studying the recruits generated in dynasty mode?

Last edited by Warren Piecee; 02-09-2013 at 11:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »