Home

Normalized Rosters Project

This is a discussion on Normalized Rosters Project within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2012, 10:11 AM   #1
MVP

Robcards's Arena

OVR: 9
Normalized Rosters Project

Im sure Im not the only one who looks at rosters and sees a true sophomore rated 95 and says thatd never happen in year 10 of a dynasty or the simple fact that the ratings of the current players are overall much higher than that of generated recruits. Of course, theres also an issue with 3 star guys rated higher than 5 stars and so forth.

Starting with the true freshmen and rating them like so:
5* - high 70s low 80s
4* - 71-78
3* - 60-70
Everyone else sub 60 except jucos

There is a very simple way to adjust overall ratings without messing with physical attributes (although those are likely way off as well) and thats the awareness rating. Taking a 3* guy who is 75 in the games awareness down to 50 from 75 will likely get them to where they should be and so on.

Now for every year the guy is in college they go up 2-6 pts, where 3-4 is the most common but 6 is possible. The highest a recruit is in the game is 84 and that is rare, and going up 6 is very rare as well, so 89 is realistically the highest a rs fs or so should be.

RS Freshmen and Sophomores

The very best (Clowney, Watkins, etc) - 85-89
Very good, 4* 2011 recruits or breakout 3*s - 75-84
Everyone else - 74 and lower

RS Sophomores and Juniors

Top tier (Lattimore, Bray) - 90-94
Second tier, guys who might declare with a good 2012 - 85-89
Third tier, 4* busts and good 3*s, midlevel starters - 80-84
Everyone else - 79 and lower

RS Juniors and Seniors

Matt Barkley - 98 top qb recruit with solid progress every year and not declaring when eligible, extremely rare and this rating shouldnt be given lightly
Tier one, early round draft picks - 90-95 the higher range should be reserved for guys who wouldve been early picks if they declared the previous year
Second tier, late round draft picks - 85-89
The rest - 84 and lower

RS Seniors

This is a tough one because I disagree with how the game handles progression in this regard. Guys dont go up 5 pts from rs jr to rs sr year. I also feel that if a guy was 90+ as a rs jr he'd likely declare since he has his degree and will get drafted early enough, so not a fan of the sea of 90+ rated rs srs that happens in a dynasty eventually. Nonetheless this is a normalized roster so here:

Top tier, should have declared as rs jrs - 94-99
Second tier, early draft picks - 90-94
Late draft picks - 85-89
Everyone else - 84 and lower

This is just a quick guide as to what the ratings should be to sync up with a dynasty in year 6+

Any suggestions should be listed by position (specific position in the game, ie RE or LT) and not by team. Will use several recruiting ranking sites for the young guys and several draft ranking sites for the older guys. Open to ideas though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2012, 05:26 AM   #2
Rookie

renegade28's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Normalized Rosters Project

I have been doing some research on this as well and have some input for you. I will organize my stuff and post it here later today.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #3
Rookie

renegade28's Arena

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...lE&output=html

The above spreadsheet shows that the Default Roster's freshmen are actually underrated.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #4
Rookie

renegade28's Arena

Looking at first year players, it is obvious that 90 would never happen. After that there are a few players rated right on, then they start to be progressively underrated.

2nd year players at the top are heavily overrated.

3rd year players in the top 30-40 are overrated.

Only the top 4 4th year players are overrated.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:30 AM   #5
MVP

Robcards's Arena

Honestly there should be a 90 freshman or two. Sammy Watkins was a top 5 receiver as a true freshman and jadeveon clowney was a top 5 de as well. But the progression needs to be reworked and blue chip players need to declare as soon as theyre eligible. If a guy is a 5 star world class player he'll likely be 85ish if hes not a bust, maybe go up 3-4 year one and another 2-3 then declare if theyre not a bust. Players certainly need to progress a lot less senior years. Dynasties just get overrun with overrated redshirt seniors etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2013, 01:23 PM   #6
MVP

Robcards's Arena

Well, I just started my 2nd year of South Carolina dynasty and Dylan Thompson is 99 overall. FML. I don't have anywhere near enough time to do this by myself, would need a few people to contribute. That's why this never materialized last year, it was just too much for me to do myself. Anyone have any interest in contributing to a roster file that's actually playable for Dynasty mode after year 1?
Old 07-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #7
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

OVR: 23

I do like the basic idea of lower ratings...I have tried to work towards it for years, I want proper speed tables... so on, so on.. . .
but it just does not work with this game if you plan using it to play a Dynasty.

I had posted a scale in another thread about progression, that was from simming 7 years into a Dynasty.

Total # of players with a Overall Rating of.....
Rating- # on Base Roster / # on Year 7 Roster (all Cpu generated recruits)

99- 1 / 5
98- 0 / 3
97- 5 / 10
96- 5 / 27
95- 4 / 14
94- 7 / 32
93- 17 / 32
92- 24 / 46
91- 34 / 45
90- 57 / 81

These are not players over rated to begin with, all those players are gone by this time... These are all created by the game, and progressed by the game.

It will take a whole lot of editing, every single season to make it work.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #8
MVP

Robcards's Arena

Yeah I came to that conclusion when I thought about it more. The fact that players go up 4 points during the year in addition to 4-6 in the offseason, I don't see how you'd have realistic ratings by year 5 all the 2013 season recruits will be in their 90s, and if they got redshirted at all you'd have a ton of 99s. Dynasty is just fubared this year because of this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »