Home

Generic Editor with NCAA 14

This is a discussion on Generic Editor with NCAA 14 within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #33
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Generic Editor with NCAA 14

Can anyone post screen shots of the editor in action? Just curious.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:43 PM   #34
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Why EA decided that it was best not to give nobody dreads is beyond me. FYI the player face # for dreads is "176."
Old 07-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #35
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Yep you can edit equipment and pretty much anything really. It's just hard to figure out what is what and what the value range is as well as what each value does. And it does get rid of skinny arms. I tested that yesterday. Had a HB and QB I created in a test dynasty and low and behold they had 8 year old girl arms. Went in to the editor and maxed out the arm size and arm definition values. Saved it, loaded in back in NCAA, played a game and bam!! yoked arms.
Can you mass edit to get rid of the skinny arm glitch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #36
Rookie

CHIEFxxROCKEM's Arena

OVR: 8

What is the RGIII face so I can use them for players with short dreads?
Old 07-11-2013, 08:07 PM   #37
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Can you mass edit to get rid of the skinny arm glitch?
Yep. You can filter by position and then mass edit the BSAT category under the PLAY tab.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Some Notes:

(In the Profile save)
You will fall in love with the Passing game because of these two fields:

OPLS (UOPT tab) and PSLS (UNIF tab)
-Both deal with the Pass Lead Sensitivity
-set at 127 it is crazy with all Animations that start to play out that we don't see because the default is at 50.

OGPS = Game/Ball Passing Speed
-Controls how fast the QB's get rid of the ball
-Controls radius of "Sack Animation" triggering
-Controls how fast the ball will travel with in the Throw Strength ratings scale
-Controls how much "Arc" is applied to throws (high = less, low = more)
(I set at 127 to test and QB's are flinging like B. Farve while releasing like D. Morino)

These two affect the Def side of the ball during Pass Plays because they impact what Def Animations will be triggered.

GOPT Tab
OARA = AI Running Ability (different from slider)
- set at 127 = "Beast"
- they "WILL" use there ratings (stiff arm, trucking, elusiveness etc...)
I was looking through the UOPT tab and noticed that there are two listings for each position. For example, OaQB and OaQb were both listed. One had a value of 65 while the other had a value of 80.

Anyway, you know how everyone is always asking which level plays at the CPU and USERs true ratings without a boost? If you listed each at say 50, would that not give true values to both CPU and USER?

Lastly, with the kicking issues that have been an issue with the Heisman level, could you list both sets of positions across the board at 100 and get the max from every player without the Heisman CPU decision making of kicking 60 yd FG's?

Last edited by "The dude abides"; 07-11-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:43 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by The dude abides";2045233077]I was looking through the UOPT tab and noticed that there are two listings for each position. For example, OaQB and OaQb were both listed. One had a value of 65 while the other had a value of 80.
[COLOR="Red
Those are the sub-in/out thresholds[/color]

Anyway, you know how everyone is always asking which level plays at the CPU and USERs true ratings without a boost? If you listed each at say 50, would that not give true values to both CPU and USER?
No because 127 is the max of the scale recognized by the game, 50 is not even half.

2nd, gamers will always have the upper hand because there's really no true AI system in play here.
It's about pre-defined mechanism (Ratings) to trigger "Animations" to give the perception of the sport

So we use the editor to adjust to what comes close to "Our" perspective of what is close to the sport as we play the game.

Lastly, with the kicking issues that have been an issue with the Heisman level, could you list both sets of positions across the board at 100 and get the max from every player without the Heisman CPU decision making of kicking 60 yd FG's?
There are Kicking Accuracy/Length fields that are set at "0" in GOPT although the in-game sliders are set at 50 by default.
I have not done any testing to see what these do if set at 127.
Test them out and post feedback on what you perceive the adjustment does.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

Ok I got everything correct so far. But where do I see the players on the editor.

Edit: Finally got everything going. Program would say not responding for a while. Tried it like 4 times. Last time I decided to give it a break and make food and left it at "not responding" come back and everything is shown.

Now I must figure out which players go to which team.

Last edited by MattFromTheWire; 07-11-2013 at 09:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »