Home

My 30 Year roster set is now available for NCAA 14

This is a discussion on My 30 Year roster set is now available for NCAA 14 within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: My 30 Year roster set is now available for NCAA 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicarl
As much as it kills me to say this( huge nc state fan) UNC has had some great players. You have to put Leon Johnson on there, he was several years behind me in high school but was such a talent. Was a QB in high school and was drafted by MLB even though he only played one year I think. Here's some others to consider:

WR
Earl Winfield--played in CFL
Corey Holliday
Eric Streater
Na Brown

RB
Derrick Fenner
Ethan Horton--was a QB
Kennard Martin
William Henderson-FB
Natrone Means
Leon Johnson

TE
Alge Crumpler
Freddie Jones

OL
Harris Barton T
Kevin Donnelley T
Jeff Saturday C
Jason Brown C
Brian Chacos T
Pat Crowley G
Brian Blados T
David Drechsler G
Cool that you played with Leon Johnson. I bet you have some stories to tell. Wasn't he 12 and Curtis 32.

Hit me up with some NC State players.

I have 2 games of them on tape 95,86 Bama games) Jamie Barnette was the QB in the 96 game and Tory Holt was the WR. Rod Brown was the dive back. Barnette had a coming out party in that game. They almost beat Bama. Was a damn good game. A lot of lead changes and momentum changes. Might have to pull out that tape and watch it. Just in time for the season.

Really loved watching TA McClendon play when Phillip Rivers was the QB. I recall a game against Ohio State where McClendon had a big day. I thin State took them to OT. May of been the year after the MNC or maybe even the year of.

The 90s and 2000s are easier for me to do since those were the years I really got into watching football. I was born in 80. I remember some stuff from the 80s but not as much as I do the 90s and present.

Last edited by tommycoa; 08-26-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:16 PM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLA7E
Yeah, Corey Holliday was great. Academic AA too, iirc. That was his last year I think. He balled out in that game. That team was good, they were just kinda young (with Leon and Stanicek). The year prior, 93 Peach Bowl was insane, with Bracey Walker blocking 2 punts against Miss St, returning one for a key score. That game was exciting!

Yeah Keldorf benefited from a more passing style, in addition to being one of the first true pocket passers after so many years of the option. i think I recall some story about where he and Stuart Scott were on the same flag team (post-school), and Stu wouldn't let him QB, ha! Funny if true.

I've attached a roster list. I'll try to add more details later on. The bolded names are All-Americans (through 2004 at least). I also found a nice PDF with a lot of UNC history. I'll PM you to see if I can get that to you (it was too big to attach - but I'm kinda a rookie at all this).
Thanks for the info.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:31 PM   #19
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

OVR: 2

I never played with Leon, but my best friends little brother roomed with him and his dad refereed my basketball games. Would have been cool, his senior year was our best year ever!!!

That Ohio State games ranks up there as one of the best ever....should have won except for the coach calling 2 QB sneaks in a row with Rivers when they had McClendon back there.... but my favorite was Holt destroying FSU his senior year I believe.

Here's some state guys:

QB
Phillip Rivers
Russell Wilson
Jamie Barnette--really underated because Rivers came next
Charles Davenport--QB/WR

RB
TA McClendon--one of my favorites, never went down on first hit
Andre Brown
Anthony Barbour--one of best HS backs in NC history
Gary Downs

WR
Tory Holt
Jericho Cotchery
Koren Robinson--huge talent ruined by substance abuse
Alvis Whitted--super fast
Eddie Goines
Naz Worthen
Haywood Jeffries--one of Warren Moons favorite targets in Houston
Danny Peebles--NFL carrer cut short due to concussion I believe

TE
Sean Berton
TJ Williams
Mark Thomas

OL
Leroy Harris C-G
Sean Locklear T
Scott Kooistra T
Ian rafferty T
Ted Larsen C

DL
Mario Williams DE
Manny Lawson DE
John McCargo DT
Tank Tyler DT
Sean Price DE--physical freak with speed
Carl Reeves DE
Ricky Logo NT
Ray Agnew DT-DE

LB
Bobby Houston OLB
Damien Covington MLB
Morocco Brown MLB-OLB
Levar Fisher OLB
Dantonio Burnette MLB--awesome tackler
Pat Thomas OLB
Oliver Hoyte MLB--played FB for Cowboys
Stephen Tulloch OLB
Nate Irving OLB
Audie Cole OLB

DB
AJ Davis CB
Marcus Hudson CB
Terrence Holt S--blocked numerous punts/kicks
Andre Maddox S
Adrian Wilson S--hitting machine/ NFL pro bowler
Lloyd Harrison CB--awesome in college, picked off Weinke 3x in game
Hassan Shamsid-Deen CB
Jesse Campbell S
Izel Jenkins CB
Earl Wolff S
David Amerson CB
Old 08-26-2013, 10:49 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
I never played with Leon, but my best friends little brother roomed with him and his dad refereed my basketball games. Would have been cool, his senior year was our best year ever!!!

That Ohio State games ranks up there as one of the best ever....should have won except for the coach calling 2 QB sneaks in a row with Rivers when they had McClendon back there.... but my favorite was Holt destroying FSU his senior year I believe.

Here's some state guys:

QB
Phillip Rivers
Russell Wilson
Jamie Barnette--really underated because Rivers came next
Charles Davenport--QB/WR

RB
TA McClendon--one of my favorites, never went down on first hit
Andre Brown
Anthony Barbour--one of best HS backs in NC history
Gary Downs

WR
Tory Holt
Jericho Cotchery
Koren Robinson--huge talent ruined by substance abuse
Alvis Whitted--super fast
Eddie Goines
Naz Worthen
Haywood Jeffries--one of Warren Moons favorite targets in Houston
Danny Peebles--NFL carrer cut short due to concussion I believe

TE
Sean Berton
TJ Williams
Mark Thomas

OL
Leroy Harris C-G
Sean Locklear T
Scott Kooistra T
Ian rafferty T
Ted Larsen C

DL
Mario Williams DE
Manny Lawson DE
John McCargo DT
Tank Tyler DT
Sean Price DE--physical freak with speed
Carl Reeves DE
Ricky Logo NT
Ray Agnew DT-DE

LB
Bobby Houston OLB
Damien Covington MLB
Morocco Brown MLB-OLB
Levar Fisher OLB
Dantonio Burnette MLB--awesome tackler
Pat Thomas OLB
Oliver Hoyte MLB--played FB for Cowboys
Stephen Tulloch OLB
Nate Irving OLB
Audie Cole OLB

DB
AJ Davis CB
Marcus Hudson CB
Terrence Holt S--blocked numerous punts/kicks
Andre Maddox S
Adrian Wilson S--hitting machine/ NFL pro bowler
Lloyd Harrison CB--awesome in college, picked off Weinke 3x in game
Hassan Shamsid-Deen CB
Jesse Campbell S
Izel Jenkins CB
Earl Wolff S
David Amerson CB
Whatever happened to McClendon? Didn't he blow out a knee. That guy was a playmaker. He's one of those guys thats the reason I want to do these rosters. Players that real college football fans remember. Another guy I enjoyed creating and playing with in this set is Woody Dantzler. He was more of a household name than McClendon but still. That guy was fun to watch. MCClendon always reminded me of Shaun Alexander. They could take over a game in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the names. makes it a lot easier. Any way you can give me 5 more o lineman? That's the toughest part. And if your memory can serve you, tell me the tendencies of the lineman. Lineman are hard as hell to get info on.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:07 PM   #21
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

OVR: 2

Yeah, those guys that people have forgotten is why I like doing this too. I think McClendon skipped his senior year and went in drafted. Guy was always banged up because he fought and twisted for every inch, every carry. I'll dig around and see if I can come up with some o-line guys tomorrow and post them. Keep up the good work!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2013, 11:48 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Yeah, those guys that people have forgotten is why I like doing this too. I think McClendon skipped his senior year and went in drafted. Guy was always banged up because he fought and twisted for every inch, every carry. I'll dig around and see if I can come up with some o-line guys tomorrow and post them. Keep up the good work!!!
No problem.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:45 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

Dude, even though I'm a UNC fan, you guys had some great players too. TA was one of my favorites. I'd always love importing him into Madden, and using him there. Dude was a beast...and for what it's worth I think he may have gotten across the endzone on that one game v. UNC (that game wasn't televised, not even regional, ppl were upset!). Only grainy footage of his last second goalline dive. It's so hard to tell, but I'm sooo mad that game wasn't televised. People just fell off that guy trying to tackle him.

I totally remember that FSU game with Torry Holt. I think that was their first loss since joining the ACC. He shredded them. Rivers was fun to watch too, so much fire. Heck, if it we went back a bit further, you could have Roman Gabriel tossing it to Torry!

Woody Dantzler (CLEM) was amazing to watch too. Just goes to show how different College and Pro are, I guess. People forget about those who dominated college, if only for a year or two, but for w/e reason never panned out (or even made) the pros. I think he went to DAL, as a RB project, but then disappeared. I guess CLEM could also have both Perry boys then at DLine. Wow.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:00 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLA7E
Dude, even though I'm a UNC fan, you guys had some great players too. TA was one of my favorites. I'd always love importing him into Madden, and using him there. Dude was a beast...and for what it's worth I think he may have gotten across the endzone on that one game v. UNC (that game wasn't televised, not even regional, ppl were upset!). Only grainy footage of his last second goalline dive. It's so hard to tell, but I'm sooo mad that game wasn't televised. People just fell off that guy trying to tackle him.

I totally remember that FSU game with Torry Holt. I think that was their first loss since joining the ACC. He shredded them. Rivers was fun to watch too, so much fire. Heck, if it we went back a bit further, you could have Roman Gabriel tossing it to Torry!

Woody Dantzler (CLEM) was amazing to watch too. Just goes to show how different College and Pro are, I guess. People forget about those who dominated college, if only for a year or two, but for w/e reason never panned out (or even made) the pros. I think he went to DAL, as a RB project, but then disappeared. I guess CLEM could also have both Perry boys then at DLine. Wow.
Wasn't FSU first ACC lost against Virginia when the Barber Twins were playing. 95 or 96.

If I recall correctly, Dantzler did play with the Boys and he was a mainly a KR. Seems like he may have taken one back to the house. It may have been in a preseason game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »