Home

NCAA Football 14: 2015-16 Roster Update (PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14: 2015-16 Roster Update (PS3) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2015, 10:08 AM   #9
Rookie

BE3585's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 14: 2015-16 Roster Update (PS3)

For whatever reason, on the new roster, in the Ohio State roster it has Noah Brown listed as a FB which is not true, he is a WR. Also, Justin Hilliard is still wearing number 38 when he should be wearing number 47.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:55 AM   #10
Roster Editor

vikesfan059's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BE3585
For whatever reason, on the new roster, in the Ohio State roster it has Noah Brown listed as a FB which is not true, he is a WR. Also, Justin Hilliard is still wearing number 38 when he should be wearing number 47.
I still haven't gotten access to a PS3 so when I do, I will update Ohio St. I was planning on moving Brown to the #5 WR spot and Samuel to the FB spot since he has moved to H-Back in the spring. This would allow Marshall, Wilson and Samuel to see a a good amount of playing time. Does this sound accurate?

Last edited by vikesfan059; 05-03-2015 at 12:03 PM.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:25 PM   #11
Rookie

BE3585's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikesfan059
I still haven't gotten access to a PS3 so when I do, I will update Ohio St. I was planning on moving Brown to the #5 WR spot and Samuel to the FB spot since he has moved to H-Back in the spring. This would allow Marshall, Wilson and Samuel to see a a good amount of playing time. Does this sound accurate?
If I were you I would just keep Samuel at RB and make Bri'onte Dunn the #2 RB on the depth chart. This would allow users to then substitute Samuel manually into different spots while still have Ezekiel Elliott at running back. Also, Noah Brown will probably be higher on the depth chart than 5. Osu coaches have fallen in love with him in spring.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2015, 06:41 PM   #12
Roster Editor

vikesfan059's Arena

Quote:
If I were you I would just keep Samuel at RB and make Bri'onte Dunn the #2 RB on the depth chart. This would allow users to then substitute Samuel manually into different spots while still have Ezekiel Elliott at running back. Also, Noah Brown will probably be higher on the depth chart than 5. Osu coaches have fallen in love with him in spring.
The problem with keeping Samuel as a HB is that unless you are playing as Ohio St., when the computer reorganizes the depth chart in Dynasty he will most likely be the #1 HB when Elliot leaves. This doesn't reflect his move to H-Back. Since EA doesn't have customized positions for different offensive schemes, H-Back is a hard position to place. I don't really see Brown rising above Thomas, Smith, Marshall or Wilson so if he is to be higher than 5, 1 or more of the H-backs need to move to FB. I see four possible scenarios, which would you recommend?:

Scenario 1:
FB: Samuel
WR: Thomas, Smith, Marshall, Wilson, Brown, etc.

Scenario 2:
FB: Wilson
WR: Thomas, Smith, Marshall, Samuel, Brown, etc.

Scenario 3:
FB: None
WR: Thomas, Smith, Marshall, Wilson, Samuel, Brown, etc.

Scenario 4:
FB: Wilson, Samuel
WR: Thomas, Smith, Marshall, Brown, etc.

As can be seen in this chart, a HB, FB, or WR can still play any of the other two positions so custom subs are still available. A lot of the issues will be cleared up when Ohio St. releases an official depth chart.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:30 PM   #13
Rookie

BE3585's Arena

Quote:
The problem with keeping Samuel as a HB is that unless you are playing as Ohio St., when the computer reorganizes the depth chart in Dynasty he will most likely be the #1 HB when Elliot leaves. This doesn't reflect his move to H-Back. Since EA doesn't have customized positions for different offensive schemes, H-Back is a hard position to place. I don't really see Brown rising above Thomas, Smith, Marshall or Wilson so if he is to be higher than 5, 1 or more of the H-backs need to move to FB. I see four possible scenarios, which would you recommend?:

Scenario 1:
FB: Samuel
WR: Thomas, Smith, Marshall, Wilson, Brown, etc.

Scenario 2:
FB: Wilson
WR: Thomas, Smith, Marshall, Samuel, Brown, etc.

Scenario 3:
FB: None

Scenario 4:
FB: Wilson, Samuel
WR: Thomas, Smith, Marshall, Brown, etc.

As can be seen in this chart, a HB, FB, or WR can still play any of the other two positions so custom subs are still available. A lot of the issues will be cleared up when Ohio St. releases an official depth chart.
After reading through this comment, I can see the benefit of using scenario 4 as an H-Back position even through it is written as Fullback. If you were to make that switch, then you would also need to move Parris Campbell Jr to FB as well. The one flaw with the switch is that in the spread offense the "FB" position almost never sees the field on the game. What would your solution to this problem be?
Old 05-03-2015, 08:56 PM   #14
Roster Editor

vikesfan059's Arena

Quote:
After reading through this comment, I can see the benefit of using scenario 4 as an H-Back position even through it is written as Fullback. If you were to make that switch, then you would also need to move Parris Campbell Jr to FB as well. The one flaw with the switch is that in the spread offense the "FB" position almost never sees the field on the game. What would your solution to this problem be?
That's a valid concern and you're right, FB isn't used very often in the spread playbooks in the game. Unfortunately, EA used Pro-style positions as a standard for all playbooks in the game which makes creating Spread teams with unique positions more difficult. That combined with the fact that the "Spread" playbook set for Ohio St. (or any playbook in the game) is not the Power Spread that Coach Meyer runs make it impossible to recreate the H-Back 100%.

One other option I could do is set all H-Backs to receiver but still place Wilson, Samuel and Campbell Jr. under the FB depth chart. The depth chart would look something like:

FB: Wilson (WR), Spencer (WR), Campbell Jr. (WR)

When a formation requires a FB, Wilson will fill that spot and Samuel would be a #4 receiver (there are no formations with a FB and 4 WR but he would act is a fill-in #3 WR if there are injuries). When the formation doesn't require a FB, Wilson will be the #4 receiver. This will only work for 1 year however (unless the user controls Ohio St.). After playing the first year of Dynasty, the FB will no longer be a position for Ohio St. and all H-Backs will be receivers. The downside is that this will push Brown down to the #6 receiver unless you set up specific formation subs to make him sub for one of the actual receivers (Thomas & Smith), which I don't think I can set using a roster download file.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:09 AM   #15
Rookie

BE3585's Arena

Quote:
That's a valid concern and you're right, FB isn't used very often in the spread playbooks in the game. Unfortunately, EA used Pro-style positions as a standard for all playbooks in the game which makes creating Spread teams with unique positions more difficult. That combined with the fact that the "Spread" playbook set for Ohio St. (or any playbook in the game) is not the Power Spread that Coach Meyer runs make it impossible to recreate the H-Back 100%.

One other option I could do is set all H-Backs to receiver but still place Wilson, Samuel and Campbell Jr. under the FB depth chart. The depth chart would look something like:

FB: Wilson (WR), Samuel (HB), Campbell Jr. (WR)

When a formation requires a FB, Wilson will fill that spot and Samuel would be a #4 receiver (there are no formations with a FB and 4 WR but he would act is a fill-in #3 WR if there are injuries). When the formation doesn't require a FB, Wilson will be the #4 receiver. This will only work for 1 year however (unless the user controls Ohio St.). After playing the first year of Dynasty, the FB will no longer be a position for Ohio St. and all H-Backs will be receivers. The downside is that this will push Brown down to the #6 receiver unless you set up specific formation subs to make him sub for one of the actual receivers (Thomas & Smith), which I don't think I can set using a roster download file.
I would just go ahead and do that, but as you can see, I changed Samuel to HB in your comment, because I think that would make more sense because Samuel is not going to be playing wr this season. If he's not playing the H-Back position he will be subbing in for Ezekiel Elliott at running back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2015, 12:22 PM   #16
Banned

How can help with the roster update I can do WVU and be done in a day!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »