Home

Class of 2016: 500+ Real Recruits (NCAA14/Xbox360/EA DB Editor)

This is a discussion on Class of 2016: 500+ Real Recruits (NCAA14/Xbox360/EA DB Editor) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2017, 10:47 AM   #97
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Class of 2016: 500+ Real Recruits (NCAA14/Xbox360/EA DB Editor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker91
I know no one has posted in this thread in a long while, but I'm just now noticing WR Calvin Ridley is in BOTH recruiting classes. Ridley is the 216th ranked recruit in this class of 2016 (#41 WR) and is the 12th ranked recruit (#1 WR) in the class of 2015. At first I thought it was just a coincidence with people having the same name but both players are from Pompano Beach, FL and have Alabama as their #1 choice.
That would/should be Cavin Ridley, Calvin's brother -- who actually changed his name to Riley Ridley, as I just learned via google.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:47 PM   #98
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11
That would/should be Cavin Ridley, Calvin's brother -- who actually changed his name to Riley Ridley, as I just learned via google.
This is why I don't need to be up at 2am.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:36 AM   #99
Rookie

Matt, thanks much for your hard work on this. However, I keep running into the "item with same key has been added" error when I get to Signing Day at the end of the 2013 season. This happens when I try to load my signing day file in the webpage creator and the same thing happens when I load into DB Editor. For what its worth, I created my own 2014 class and only named 200 or so players. I deleted my .CSV files because I got tired of fighting it. I may try your 2015 class. If I get the same key error I am just going to go back to using the default game-generated recruits . Not your fault, it's the DB editor. It's just not worth fighting and stressing over anymore.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:40 AM   #100
Rookie

I am going to give it another shot. I was tired and it was late and I was getting frustrated with it. I think.I can recreate the 2014.class without errors. If I do get the duplicate errors I think I will be able to trace it.down by going into.the next season and looking through all the players
Old 09-12-2017, 12:11 PM   #101
Rookie

Icon6 Re: Class of 2016: 500+ Real Recruits (NCAA14/Xbox360/EA DB Editor)

Sorry if I am annoying but I was just going to say that I do plan on working on a 2014 class but I am going to put that off a while and get my dynasties caught up to this season the "normal" way first so I don't encounter an errors. Then I will work on that . Probably should have it up in.a couple weeks hopefully.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2017, 11:56 PM   #102
Rookie

what's up? I noticed that some may have had issues with creating and importing the 2014 class. I noticed a player that causes the duplicate error. Air Force has a player named Nick Fitzgerald. There is a QB with the same name in the 2014 class, from Richmond Hill, Georgia. He is now with Miss St and will be playing at UGA this weekend. Just go to the Player info tab and he is the 5th or 6th name. Change his name and you should be good.

Also, I created a zip of the 2014 rosters using rialknight's 2013 roster for year 1 and then in 2014 I just edited the names of the freshmen and put the 2014 recruits with their correct team. I did not do all of the 2014 class, just some of the most notable players. I just don't have time to do hundreds or thousands of names. It says some of the records are missing but it still loaded for me. Hope it helps.

It won't let me upload and it's not over the 8MB limit so I am not sure why. Maybe I need special permission or more posts, any help would be appreciated. It could be the files I will check tomorrow.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:20 PM   #103
Rookie

I have decided to do 2014 class since I was able to find the player that most likely causes the "item with same key error" .

I have had plenty of practice creating this class so it should be a breeze by now😀. I am going to go by star rating, doing all 5s first, then most 4s and some 3s. Most of the 2 and 3 star players have names similar to the generic recruit names so no need to spend alot of time on them. My main focus will be 4 and 5 star.

I am going to use the following restrictions to make recruiting more realistic in the game:

Pitch importance - only 5 star players and maybe a handful of 4 star will be "national" recruits, ie their top choice Conference Prestige , Championship Contender,etc.

All 2 and 3 star will have "proximity to home" as #1.

Interested schools- only 4 and 5 star will have Power 5 schools among their top 5. I have noticed through gameplay that about 90% or more commit to their #1 school

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-20-2017, 05:21 PM   #104
Rookie

All 2 and 3 star will only have G5 and Independent (excluding Notre Dame) as their top schools

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »