Home

Class of 2016: 500+ Real Recruits (NCAA14/Xbox360/EA DB Editor)

This is a discussion on Class of 2016: 500+ Real Recruits (NCAA14/Xbox360/EA DB Editor) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2015, 06:21 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Class of 2016: 500+ Real Recruits (NCAA14/Xbox360/EA DB Editor)

Any chance you will make a 2017 recruiting class?

EDIT: Oops, already answered.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2015, 02:04 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 1

I had a couple people ask my process for doing this, so figured I'd type out a little how-to guide in case anyone else wants to create a recruiting class. Even if you just make it with all fictional players, I think it can still add a level of realism to broaden the name pool and such.

Hopefully this helps if anyone else wants to create a class to share, whether it is the 2017 class or one made of entirely fictional players. I think it would be awesome if we could have a few people make a few random classes with a broader name base (so there aren't 100 recruits with the last name Williams but no Polynesian players) and to match up face/race to position/name - you can make fewer white RB/WR/CB, fewer black K/P, can edit ratings so a RB who is 5'9" and 170 lbs. isn't a power back, etc. There are lots of options!

I also think it would be awesome to have a few classes like this set up so people running dynasty reports can compare who ends up where, etc.

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions, I'm happy to help if people feel something like this is useful and improves the gaming experience since we don't know if/when we will get another NCAA game.

Step 1: Create a class
Basically, start up a dynasty on the console (or advance to the next season of an existing dynasty file) then go to the Recruiting Board tab in the pre-season menu. Do not create/add any of your own recruits or add any players to your board or anything else, simply create the class. Do not advance to the season.

Step 2: Save the file to USB drive, extract to your computer, and open in the EA DB Editor.
There are guides in the editor threads on how to do this.

Step 3: Edit the computer generated recruits
I like to sort them by position and rank, so from the Recruit Stats tab, I click on Filter, then Add. From the Field drop-down, I choose Recruit Position, leave the Op field as = and choose whichever position I want to edit first (I'll use DT in my example). After this filters so only defensive tackles show up, I sort by recruit rank so it has the best rated prospects at the top. After that, I move over to the Recruit Info tab and use the same filters so only the DT show up in that tab as well. This is the area I use to edit most of their physical attributes.

From here I just changed the #1 defensive tackle to Rashan Gary, the consensus top recruit in the class. To do this, I changed the generic-named Robert Hawkins to Rashan Gary, changed the recruit rank to 1, changed his hometown, state, height, weight, and face on this tab to the info on his scouting report from the various recruiting sites.

After that, I'd click back to the Recruit Stats tab and changed the pitch info importance tabs and their player ratings. For the majority of the top players, I made sure that Program Prestige, Championship Contender, Proximity to Home, Pro Potential, and Conference Prestige were the most common important pitches. I will note their recruit ID # at this point. In this example, Robert Hawkins/Rashan Gary has an ID # of 608 (this is the number next to their name).

I would then go to the Recruit Pitch Responses tab and just click on Recruit ID to sort them in order from 0-2709. I'd scroll down to 608 and then edit his top 10 schools - which at the time were something like Alabama, Michigan, Florida State, Auburn, etc.

Note: The steps of changing the pitch importance and top 10 interested schools are very important. I think one of the primary issues with the game is the recruiting logic/schools of interest. The majority of college football programs don't recruit outside of their pipelines/home/border states, with some big/national schools as exceptions. For example, in my opinion, it should be extremely rare for a player from New Jersey or northeast states to have a school like Fresno State or UTEP in their top 10. Editing the pitch importance and top 10's has made my classes much more authentic and you will see far fewer top recruits end up at smaller schools. Some players will still end up at smaller/random schools, but it seems to be far less than usual.

Step 4: See if your changes worked
To do this, I go back to the Recruit Info tab and then click Recalc Maps. This is to port some of the changes you made in the first and last name boxes to the other tabs. Then I go to the Recruit Stats and Recruit Pitch Responses tabs and do the same Recalc Maps on each of those as well. If you have done this correctly, you should see the name "Rashan Gary" for recruit ID #608 on each of the three tabs you have been working on.

I don't usually do this after each player change I make (you may want to the first few tries in order to be sure you are doing it correctly), but once you get the hang of it, after every 20 players you edit or so, it is probably a good idea to do the Recalc and save the file.

Step 5: Repeat
It is easier for me to focus on one position group at a time, so I'd just keep going down the list of defensive tackles until moving on to another position group.
Old 11-27-2015, 06:36 PM   #27
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm on PS3, and when I try to open my dynasty file (no TeamBuilder teams) in the DB Editor, it says "unhandled exception" or something like that. It works fine on the Dynasty Editor, but I don't know how to get the DB Editor to work. I already decrypted the file with Bruteforce Save Data and followed the steps.

Old 11-30-2015, 06:50 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTheGreat20
I'm on PS3, and when I try to open my dynasty file (no TeamBuilder teams) in the DB Editor, it says "unhandled exception" or something like that. It works fine on the Dynasty Editor, but I don't know how to get the DB Editor to work. I already decrypted the file with Bruteforce Save Data and followed the steps.
I'm not positive I can help with PS3 issues as I'm on a 360, but this was posted in the Modding Guide and might help:

Quote:
PocketScout ask me to let everyone know how I still use modio 3.0 with the new file system Xbox now puts on the USB drive. I notices that the Xbox360 folder is no longer on the drive but a "Content" folder is.if it is not showing make the drive show hidden files.

when you click into that folder you will have two folders, one that is a bunch of 0's and a folder with numbers and letters, click on this one.

that should open to another folder, and another folder, and that one should have your ncaa files in it.

if you right click on the file you want to open and select open with then find modio and open. this should open the file the way that we are all use to. Click on the tab and right click the file and extract file. I am using windows 10 so not sure if it will work the same on all operating systems, if you have any questions let me know
You may want to post your question there as well to see if any PS3 guys can walk you through it. Hopefully I helped provide a little assistance though - good luck!
Old 01-16-2016, 03:09 PM   #29
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Will you be doing this for 2017 as well? Sorry for the repeat question...

Last edited by Scott; 01-16-2016 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:01 AM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrd39
I'm not positive I can help with PS3 issues as I'm on a 360, but this was posted in the Modding Guide and might help:

You may want to post your question there as well to see if any PS3 guys can walk you through it. Hopefully I helped provide a little assistance though - good luck!
What's ur GT so I can start a new OD
Old 01-18-2016, 09:03 PM   #31
Pro

Tbow15UFgators's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrd39
This will be the second class of mostly real recruits I have edited. If you are interested in the Class of 2015, check out the post here.

What I have done:
- Edited approximately the top 500 recruits names, height, weight, face, hometown, top 10 schools, pitch importance, and ratings. I have been doing this over the past few months all on my own, so the rating order and top 10 schools may not be perfect still but it is pretty close. I used 247Sports composite rating (link: here).
- Edited the rest of the players for more unique names, match face/name/position (fewer white RB/WR/CB, fewer black K/P), and ratings. I also tried to match up these players a little better for size/play style. For example, I tried making the smaller HBs more speed/elusive and the bigger guys more break tackle/trucking.
- Created more athletes that can possibly play a wider variety of positions. There are close to 175 "athletes" in this class, compared to just 75 or so in a typical NCAA14 season.
- Even some players listed at certain positions could possibly play another spot, if necessary.
- Fewer JUCOs, but they should come in rated slightly higher to reflect the one or two seasons of development lost.
- The pre-scout OVRs that show up are now more linear, for example five star players show as 78-84, four stars as 69-77, etc.
- More gems and busts and can be a wider gap in the pre-scout and post-scouting overall rating.
- Generally lowered ratings across the board in order to make it harder to just stock up on extremely talented players and make depth more of an issue. Roughly 40% of players will be rated 60 or less. This should also make it more difficult to rebuild smaller schools and cause a greater gap between great and average players and teams, hopefully.
- Made Proximity to Home, Program Tradition, Conference Prestige, and Championship Contender the most common pitches for many players to reflect more realistic recruiting... more players want to play near home for a big school that can win a title.
- Equipment edits suggested by jackster802.

What I have not done:
- Body edits. If someone who is familiar with doing these downloads this class and wants to help, please let me know.
- Studied every single recruit to get their rating 100% accurate. There are lots of busts in every real class (go back and look at the top 50 recruits from 5-10 years ago, there are probably several players you may barely recognize). I'm sorry if a recruit heading to your favorite school is a "bust" in this version. I didn't do it because I hate your school, I promise. Plus, you can just edit them yourself, if you like.

How to use:
- Create your dynasty on your Xbox 360 or advance to the pre-season menu if it is an existing file. Be sure to change conference alignment and automatic BCS tie-ins, if you so choose.
- While still in the pre-season, click on Recruiting Board (do not create/add any of your own recruits) so the recruiting class is created. Do not add any players to your board or anything else, simply create the class. Do not advance to the season.
- Save your dynasty file to USB, extract the file to your computer, and open it in the EA DB Editor (link: here).
- Download and extract the zip folder containing three .csv files. I do not recommend opening them in Excel or anywhere else before importing them.
- Go to "Recruit Data" tab.
- It should automatically be on the "Recruit Stats" tab, select I/O -> Import -> Overwrite existing and import the Excel spreadsheet named "2016class-recruit-stats" and save the file.
- Move over to the "Recruit Info" tab, select I/O -> Import -> Overwrite existing and import the Excel spreadsheet named "2016class-recruit-info" and save the file.
- Move over to the "Recruit Pitch Responses" tab, select I/O -> Import -> Overwrite existing and import the Excel spreadsheet named "2016class-recruit-pitches" and save the file.
- Save the new file over the previous one in Modio or whatever application you use and move it back to your console.
- Go back into the recruiting board and check it out.
- If you wish to edit the recruits further, I highly recommend doing it in the EA DB Editor and not in Excel. It is usually easier to find an error (or avoid errors) in the program rather than in Excel.

Please feel free to report any glaring errors you notice.

Enjoy!
Hey bud i was wondering have you done or know anyone that has done the 2014 class. The one where Fournette, Peppers, and Garrett came out.
Orlando Magic
San Antonio Spurs
Boston RedSox
San Francisco Giants
Atlanta Braves
Manchester United
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2016, 12:51 PM   #32
Rookie

Just doing some searching on the EXCEL file and I don't see half of Alabama's current commits -

Riley Cole
Tyler Simmons
Charles Baldwin
Brenden Scales
Joshua Perry
TJ Simmons
Shawn Jennings
Miller Forristall

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »