Home

[Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

This is a discussion on [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2016, 04:10 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by minotauri
Look at that. The teams that got realigned are playing in the conf championships

debugging rocks. spent 3 hours messing around and all i had to do was change ONE "4" to a "3"
Lol, happens to the best of us.

BTW, you're madden 06 franchised is glitched. When I try to sim the preseason, the game crashes when teams sign free agents.
Old 03-27-2016, 04:15 AM   #34
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
Lol, happens to the best of us.

BTW, you're madden 06 franchised is glitched. When I try to sim the preseason, the game crashes when teams sign free agents.
ugh. I'll look into that tomorrow. I think the problem might be having to start the game at Week 1 instead of preseason. I believe this was the same issue with Madden 12 on PSP.

Edit: did you sim a full season first, and then it crashes in the following offseason?

Last edited by antdroid; 03-27-2016 at 04:32 AM.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:01 AM   #35
MVP

Quote:
ugh. I'll look into that tomorrow. I think the problem might be having to start the game at Week 1 instead of preseason. I believe this was the same issue with Madden 12 on PSP.

Edit: did you sim a full season first, and then it crashes in the following offseason?
It crashes during the first week of the preseason when the teams start to resign. The second time I tried, I turned off cpu's ability to sign free agents and fill rosters. I then was stuck at the Browns vs Jet's game in preseason, week 1. When I pressed O to select the game the dates changed to Sept 11, and still wouldn't let me play or simulate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2016, 01:37 PM   #36
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
It crashes during the first week of the preseason when the teams start to resign. The second time I tried, I turned off cpu's ability to sign free agents and fill rosters. I then was stuck at the Browns vs Jet's game in preseason, week 1. When I pressed O to select the game the dates changed to Sept 11, and still wouldn't let me play or simulate.
Yes, I tried this last night before I went to bed. It doesnt let me proceed past the Jets/Browns game. This happened on other versions because the breakdown chart wasnt fulfilled but you could manually modify the team and it would be fine but for some reason it's not working for Madden 06. I noticed the breakdown restrictions are a lot lighter too, so that's also weird. I'll take a look at it this morning after the UW women huskies beat stanford
Old 03-27-2016, 07:18 PM   #37
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

I found out how to generate schedules now! But this is going to be quite a project I think...

There's a database called TSWP (Team Swap). It gets populated when you start a dynasty and move around Div 2 teams with Div 1. I took it, and changed a couple div 2 teams I swapped with Utah and Colorado for the Pac 12 and it generated a schedule properly!

Now I have to wonder if it'll work with my realignment or not... since the Pac 12 is 12 teams now, not 10. But this is exciting. I still want to know how it generates schedules though. Seems weird that it doesnt read off the database, unless I'm missing another clue.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:23 AM   #38
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

You can create your own bowl games by adding or modifying the BOWL database in a dynasty! I just made the Mountain West Championship game.
Old 03-28-2016, 02:55 AM   #39
MVP

Quote:
You can create your own bowl games by adding or modifying the BOWL database in a dynasty! I just made the Mountain West Championship game.
That's huge. So we can add all of the current day bowls, and add the conferences that play in them?
Old 03-28-2016, 03:39 AM   #40
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
That's huge. So we can add all of the current day bowls, and add the conferences that play in them?
I may have spoke a tad soon. I made ONE bowl. I added another and weird things happened. Will need more work. I'm still trying to figure out scheduling too.

Update: It worked the first time I tried it and then I posted that it worked, and of course, after subsequent trials, I can't get it to work properly. Sigh. I'm going to go back to working on scheduling. haha.

Last edited by antdroid; 03-28-2016 at 12:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »