Home

[Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

This is a discussion on [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2016, 03:48 PM   #41
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

I was rummaging for ideas and I re-read the conference guide for CH2k8 and it dawned on me... Maybe I can swap the teams from the new 14 team conferences into TWO 8 team conferences from FCS conference, then go into the CONF database and modify the prestige and level of each conference to make them top tier again. I may not even have to... since I manually adjusted teams to divisions (this would be scheduling purpose only) but I think this could work out well esp since those teams tend to play really weak non-conf teams anyway

Update: this trial was a fail. It just doesnt schedule Div 1AA schools at all, so all the teams I swap just have 3-4 games on their schedule and a ton of byes. boooo

Last edited by antdroid; 03-28-2016 at 08:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2016, 04:00 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 9

I believe I found the Team Prestige column (TMPR) It had my team Clemson at 4, which they are in game, and had USC at 6. Scale goes from 1-6.

Not sure how to edit it because you can't import csv and I can't scroll down to the column. I wish you could just double click and edit.

Last edited by Brock; 03-29-2016 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-29-2016, 05:36 PM   #43
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
I believe I found the Team Prestige column (TMPR) It had my team Clemson at 4, which they are in game, and had USC at 6. Scale goes from 1-6.

Not sure how to edit it because you can't import csv and I can't scroll down to the column. I wish you could just double click and edit.
Yea. You can change the TEAM db in dbeditor by right clicking on any ROW, and selecting the column in the pop up menu.

I wish there was a more simpler click and edit function though. I dont know if the source code was ever released for that program but it'd be nice to modify that.

There's another db editor that lets you just click and modify called Egorgiy NHL DB Editor. You can google and find it. I've had mixed results using it though. It doesn't always save.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:44 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by minotauri
Yea. You can change the TEAM db in dbeditor by right clicking on any ROW, and selecting the column in the pop up menu.

I wish there was a more simpler click and edit function though. I dont know if the source code was ever released for that program but it'd be nice to modify that.

There's another db editor that lets you just click and modify called Egorgiy NHL DB Editor. You can google and find it. I've had mixed results using it though. It doesn't always save.
You can only scroll so far down the pop up menu, but I was able to change the prestige of a few schools. If I'm not mistaken, this effects recruiting right? I know they have to win to maintain or elevate their prestige.

Last edited by Brock; 03-29-2016 at 07:09 PM.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:01 PM   #45
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
You can only scroll so far down the pop up menu, but I was able to change the prestige of a few schools. If I'm not mistaken, this effects recruiting right? I know they have to win to maintain or elevate their prestige.
Yea it does affect recruiting. Clemson almost always wins or gets in the top3 in every season I sim so if they're not highly prestiged, they will be soon.

Hmm I see what you're talking about. I can't scroll or use arrows either.

You can try the Egorgiy editor:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...FZPaS1fRGdINUU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2016, 08:37 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Yea it does affect recruiting. Clemson almost always wins or gets in the top3 in every season I sim so if they're not highly prestiged, they will be soon.

Hmm I see what you're talking about. I can't scroll or use arrows either.

You can try the Egorgiy editor:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...FZPaS1fRGdINUU
Thanks for the link, I had been looking through trying to find the editor you were talking about, but couldn't find it.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:38 PM   #47
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Thanks for the link, I had been looking through trying to find the editor you were talking about, but couldn't find it.
Yea, it wasn't easy to find. His site is offline now and every link to it on other sites linked to his site.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:43 PM   #48
MVP

Quote:
Yea, it wasn't easy to find. His site is offline now and every link to it on other sites linked to his site.
As a fun experiment, I'm going to try to see if I can simulate a playoff. Using a bit of knowledge from the guides for the newer ncaa games.

Ok now, in theory it should work since all your doing is replacing teams, and using a couple as a place-holder in the Nat'l title game. I need to install excel, since my laptop currently doesn't have it, and for some reason Egigoriy's editor doesn't just let you save the file. I at least wish Madden DB let you sort.

Last edited by Brock; 03-29-2016 at 11:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »