Home

Playmakers' NCAA 06 Heisman Sliders

This is a discussion on Playmakers' NCAA 06 Heisman Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2005, 12:27 PM   #49
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Playmakers' NCAA 06 Heisman Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
For a more difficult CPU AWR please review the DEFENSIVE NOTES SECTION.

7-9 MINUTES/SUB OUT-70/SUB IN-80

ALL PENALTIES MAXED ACCEPT FOR HOLDING-60, UNSPORTSMANLIKE-60, FACEMASK-60

OFFENSE

HUMAN/CPU

QBA-25/25
PASS BLK-75/25
WR CATCH-50/50.....(U can increase WR slider to 75 for both Human/CPU)
RBA-25/25..............(Just look for creases up front)
RUN BLK-75/25

DEFENSE-NOTES: You can also give the CPU a 35, 50 or 75 AWR to fit your skill level and just leave most other sliders in place.

AWR-25/25.........(Evens out the DEFENSIVE AWR on both sides)
KDWNS-50/50.....(This should = both WR catch Sliders to balance out play)
INT-15/15..........(This can range from 0-25 which ever is best for U)
BRK BLK-75/25
TKL-50/25.........(Set Human to 75 if you are getting abused)

SPT

FGL-45/45
FGA-60/40
PNTL-50/45
PNTA-60/50
KOL-45/45
Thanks for the slider settings Playmaker. My settings are based on yours, and I think I've finally found a set that I can be happy with. It was definitely a good starting point.

I'm playing at 8 Min Qtrs with 80/85 auto sub.

Passing Game -

I had originally moved WR CAT (75+) up and kept QB AWR around default (50), but by bringing down the QB AWR (25) and keeping WR CAT (50) at default, the passing game for HUM and CPU feels much better.

Running Game -

I had to bring down the HUM R BLK (35) slider because I was still gaining a ridiculous amount of yards with R BLK at (75). If running is still too easy I may also increase CPU TKL. I also increased the CPU RB ABI to (35) because I have been able to contain most RBs too easily.

Defensive Game -

Overall the defensive game feels pretty good. If anything, I may increase CPU AWR and TKL.

Special Teams -

I'm keeping HUM at default. I've decreased CPU FGL and FGA to (25) and (10) respectively, because at FGL (45) and FGA (40), the CPU still has a monster of a leg and is still too accurate.

Last edited by nxt; 07-26-2005 at 12:32 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:31 PM   #50
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXboxur
Please try using the original Playmaker sliders with these adjustments (especially if you use a scrambling QB like I do. You'll find it a LOT harder to scramble for big yards this way ).

AWR 35/50
TKL 75/25
INT 25/10

I had a REAL battle, as fair and square as could be this way.
You're right about using mobile QBs. It's like they are on light speed, compared to other players on the field. I'll try to increase CPU DEF AWR to see if this fixes things.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:37 PM   #51
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Thanks for the slider settings Playmaker. My settings are based on yours, and I think I've finally found a set that I can be happy with. It was definitely a good starting point.

I'm playing at 8 Min Qtrs with 80/85 auto sub.

Passing Game -

I had originally moved WR CAT (75+) up and kept QB AWR around default (50), but by bringing down the QB AWR (25) and keeping WR CAT (50) at default, the passing game for HUM and CPU feels much better.

Running Game -

I had to bring down the HUM R BLK (35) slider because I was still gaining a ridiculous amount of yards with R BLK at (75). If running is still too easy I may also increase CPU TKL. I also increased the CPU RB ABI to (35) because I have been able to contain most RBs too easily.

Defensive Game -

Overall the defensive game feels pretty good. If anything, I may increase CPU AWR and TKL.

Special Teams -

I'm keeping HUM at default. I've decreased CPU FGL and FGA to (25) and (10) respectively, because at FGL (45) and FGA (40), the CPU still has a monster of a leg and is still too accurate.
the problem by lowering RB for human will result on almost none existe Pancakes for human OL and this affect the Progression. You should get around 6 to 15 pancakes per game to be the same as the Sim Engine.

Also be carefull by rising WR over 50, i find that if i rise wr catching to 55 iŽll get a lot of deep completition passes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2005, 12:38 PM   #52
MVP

EXboxur's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
You're right about using mobile QBs. It's like they are on light speed, compared to other players on the field. I'll try to increase CPU DEF AWR to see if this fixes things.
Yup. You might still shred up weak teams scrambling, but play a team like Tennessee and tell me what you think. I ran the option and scrambled on them for a total of 115 yds rushing with Vince Young. I used to get nearly 300yds a game with Vince Young! This plays a LOT better I think. Upping the CPU AWR seems to have helped this.

The Tennessee HB killed me the first time I played them (around 500 yards rushing!). I couldn't bring him down no matter what 4-4, 4-2-5, 3-3-5, etc. Upping the Human AWR to 35 seems to have made things just a little better. Their HB still had over 200 rushing yards.

Last edited by EXboxur; 07-26-2005 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:49 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Thanks for all the Feed back guy's.

I going to go and test out everything that was suggested this afternoon. I actually listed 3 different AWR settings just to help out guy's that might have a different skill level on Heisman.

But for the most the base slider foundation seems pretty good just a few clicks up or down can provide very good balance.

As for the QB/WR settings me personally I just can't can't play with a QBA and WRC slider both at 50 or over 50% becuase the game becomes too easy for me. But I think since the CPU's AWR is at 25 or 35 you can actually get a more realistic feel if you lower QBA and leave WR catch at default 50. Also, if you notice the CPU's QB at 25% and WR catch at 50% does really good if you have a 25 AWR for human. They will perform pretty good at the same settings you are utilizing 25/50. The KDWN's is only at 50% for each so it balances out things pretty good and if you want the DB's to be more aggressive down field just set INT's to 25% then they will try and make more plays on the ball.

Click on the Link for my Updated and Correct AA sliders
Colleg GameDay 1st
College Classic 2nd set
Playmakers' All-American NCAA 06 Slider Thread

Last edited by Playmakers; 07-26-2005 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:55 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 4

hey playmaker after u finish these heisman sliders u should close the slider tweaking for all three of ur sets, call them final, and go play ur dynasty! great work on all these sliders playmaker! they really are great sliders. But when do u think u will have all three sets finalized and so that no more tweaks will be made???
Old 07-26-2005, 01:03 PM   #55
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Thanks for all the Feed back guy's.

I going to go and test out everything that was suggested this afternoon. I actually listed 3 different AWR settings just to help out guy's that might have a different skill level on Heisman.

But for the most the base slider foundation seems pretty good just a few clicks up or down can provide very good balance.

As for the QB/WR settings me personally I just can't can't play with a QBA and WRC slider both at 50 or over 50% becuase the game becomes too easy for me. But I think since the CPU's AWR is at 25 or 35 you can actually get a more realistic feel if you lower QBA and leave WR catch at default 50. Also, if you notice the CPU's QB at 25% and WR catch at 50% does really good if you have a 25 AWR for human. They will perform pretty good at the same settings you are utilizing 25/50. The KDWN's is only at 50% for each so it balances out things pretty good and if you want the DB's to be more aggressive down field just set INT's to 25% then they will try and make more plays on the ball.

Click on the Link for my Updated and Correct AA sliders
Colleg GameDay 1st
College Classic 2nd set
I think these are very solid sliders just wandering if the big plays(runs, returns) are still possible giving a good play call or do most open field runners get tracked down from behind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2005, 01:06 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Yes could you please post your final Heisman sliders?
You dont have a link to them on your sig. And you only have
the orginal non edited ones on page one of this topic.

Um that is it for right now.....The base set is pretty equal overall. I'm going to be testing the OL vs DL play this afternoon a little further. As for the AWR like I said I set it at 25 both ways because I'm trying to be flexible for all guy's. I did give the option to leave to the base set of sliders intact and just plug in your own AWR for the CPU 35, 50, or 75 that best fits your skill. Some guy's might can't handle a 50 or 75 AWR by the CPU so lower settings like 25 or 35 might be just perfect for them.

I use to play against the CPU at 75 AWR but what happened was that every time I set QBA and WR catch at 50/50 I was scoring too much so I just decided to go back down more along th elines of my AA setup's and brought them over to Heisman. It plays much better for me because I'm not inflating my offensive skill sliders like QBA, WRC and RBA so now I have to earn my yards but it isn't as bad as people think by playing on the lower settings as opposed to the higher settings. You can still get realistic throws, catches and runs vs the CPU defense.

Click on the Link for my current AA level Sliders
College GameDay 1st set
College Classic 2nd set

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »