Home

SECElit3's NCAA 14 Heisman Sliders - Built for Realism and Challenge

This is a discussion on SECElit3's NCAA 14 Heisman Sliders - Built for Realism and Challenge within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #913
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: SECElit3's NCAA 14 Heisman Sliders - Built for Realism and Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaw1989
I had a very strange game in my Dynasty last night. I was Air Force, playing Boise State on the road. They're a B and I'm a C, so I was just hoping to be competitive. Anyway, their QB started out on fire, literally 15 for 15 for like 200 yards and 3 TDs in the first half. I was behind 28-10 at halftime, struggling to get my running game going.

It got weird in the second half, as Boise's QB just went ice cold. Like, he barely completed a pass in the entire second half (and OT, as we'll get to later). I think he had like one completion that wasn't a screen pass in the second half. I ended up coming back and tying the game at 28-28, so we went to overtime.

I got stopped and missed a field goal on my first possession, so I figured I was toast. Then I sacked him twice in a row (forgot to mention, I had six or seven sacks). They ended up out of Field Goal range and I intercepted a Hail Mary on fourth down. I stopped them again in the second overtime (they missed the field goal) and then I ran for a TD to win 34-28.

Air Force beating Boise isn't totally outside the realm of possibility, but it was just so weird how their QB started off totally perfect (15/15) and then went completely cold. I didn't make any adjustments to the sliders, or my playcalling. My pass rush picked up. I definitely feel I get too many sacks, because the CPU QB holds the ball for a ridiculous amount of time. I'm almost never breaking through the line and sacking him in less than three seconds, they're almost always coverage sacks.
Was HFA on or off?
Old 08-13-2013, 11:30 PM   #914
Rookie

OVR: 0

Off. The game was also at Boise State. Does HFA make the CPU play worse in the second half at home?
Old 08-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #915
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Slider burnout for sure here, SEC you have the best I have played for me, as I see the hybrid settings the best way to go. I only made a few adjustments for what I was seeing stats avg. wise. I am going this direction for now, as at least the games are fun.

Believe only things I changed were(I am at work right now):
Pass Block - 55
Pass Coverage - 65

Will check later tonight.

Last edited by Hunkerdown; 08-14-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #916
Rookie

SEC or Any Experts,

Does the user in Coach Mode (only call plays) get an automatic boost. I'm playing an off line dynasty as Kentucky with SEC's sliders except for the latest update and have gone 11-1 playing KY's 2013 schedule. Very unrealistic. I thought getting to bowl eligible would be a tremendous feat.

Thanks.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:52 PM   #917
Rookie

Rhouston's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn fawbush
SEC or Any Experts,

Does the user in Coach Mode (only call plays) get an automatic boost. I'm playing an off line dynasty as Kentucky with SEC's sliders except for the latest update and have gone 11-1 playing KY's 2013 schedule. Very unrealistic. I thought getting to bowl eligible would be a tremendous feat.

Thanks.
I think you might be better off finding a CPU vs. CPU slider set, as I feel as if these are for Human vs. CPU game play.

And let me tell you SEC...

These are the best sliders out there, even better than the OS Community sliders (still don't get the 95 speed threshold ... toss plays and HB draws never work with it that high).

In my Northwestern dynasty, I easily beat Illinois, Iowa and Syracuse. The games against Michigan, Michigan State & Wisconsin were all fairly close. I got beat pretty easily against Ohio State. Teams play like how they are supposed to play, which is exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks for all your hard work SEC. You made this game 10 times more enjoyable for me.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #918
Just started!

I was very hesitant to follow your recommendations b/c I have always been a "Heisman" level person. I have a lot of faith/loyalty in your slider set SEC. However, I have also tried what I thought were the Operation Sports official sliders "Playmakers" etc. I find them very different, likely b/c of the varsity setting and threshold of 96. SEC, I was wondering your honest thoughts on the differences b/w your sliders and the "Official" ones.
Couple questions and comments.

1. are the "Playmaker sliders" the official operationsports sliders?
2. What level of player are they for? Authentic Simulation? Or all levels in one? (Not sure that's possible).
3. I found their sliders much easier than a stock heisman setting. That is fine with me if these are "authentic Simulation." Again concerned these are for the "Fun of the masses" sliders.
4. I trusted their threshold setting of 96; however, i have always been a 0 slider person. i had some concerns when my guard tackled a DB from behind after an int. guy came way out of no wheres.

i appreciate the feedback. thanks

Also
Old 08-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #919
Just started!

Sorry. Meant "hesistant to follow their (meaning Playmakers/Official Op.Sports sliders).
thanks.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #920
Just started!

I am having issues with the defense. I have played about 5 seasons with 5 different teams. Every year I am always near the bottom in rank for pass defense & always number 1 in rush defense. These aren't very realistic & my goal is to make it as realistic as possible. My question is what do I need to do to make these stats balance to be more realistic? Different sliders? Different coach settings? Thanks for the help! I am using these sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »