Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2013, 03:09 PM   #1921
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
you know whats funny, it our dynasty ever since we dropped the pass block to 0 i have had more time to pass. when it was on 15, i was in a rush and getting hammered. LOL, makes no sense!

hmmmmmmmm, so Matt, HFA = Off? LOL test away guys, test away.
I'm getting complaints in our OD that users have no time to pass. I don't think it's horrible at zero but I'm run-heavy with PSU since Hackenberg as a true frosh with low, low awareness is DREADFUL on these sliders.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2013, 03:14 PM   #1922
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
you know whats funny, it our dynasty ever since we dropped the pass block to 0 i have had more time to pass. when it was on 15, i was in a rush and getting hammered. LOL, makes no sense!

hmmmmmmmm, so Matt, HFA = Off? LOL test away guys, test away.
What's even more funny,during our testing I was finding the cpu QB waaaay to accurate on a lower setting..I wasn't able to see what I wanted till I raised their acc to 70 to start with,before settling on 60....LMAO Crazy ain't it...lol

I don't think EA even knows what these sliders do...lol

I'm sure Matt has tested more with HFA off then I have,but in the few games I have played with it off (only 3-4) it did seem better with it off...again,go figure...lmao
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 07-31-2013, 03:21 PM   #1923
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I'm getting complaints in our OD that users have no time to pass. I don't think it's horrible at zero but I'm run-heavy with PSU since Hackenberg as a true frosh with low, low awareness is DREADFUL on these sliders.
lol. im using PSU in our Dynasty. we are in year 2. so i feel ya on Hackenberg. absolutely dreadful in year 1. year 2 has been much better bc of his progression.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 07-31-2013, 03:30 PM   #1924
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Quote:
lol. im using PSU in our Dynasty. we are in year 2. so i feel ya on Hackenberg. absolutely dreadful in year 1. year 2 has been much better bc of his progression.
No lie - I started the season with 0 TD and 19 INT with him. He throws far more passes directly at a defender than to his target as a freshman. The red zone is the worst. I'm at a point where I'm essentially playing for FG's the entire game lol.

I had to go play some exhibition games with a decent QB to make sure that my passing skills hadn't completely disappeared. Sure enough, it was all Hackenberg's fault lol. Hopefully he's a monster by his junior year.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:36 PM   #1925
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23
You guys started Hackenburg? I started game 1 with Fergie and tore it up. Beat Cuse 32-20. I leaned on Zwinak a lot.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2013, 04:15 PM   #1926
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

The rosters I'm using are the slightly re-rated ones. Hackenberg is a 79 and Ferguson is a 75. I bring him in for some read-option stuff though as he's a little quicker than Hackenberg.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:17 PM   #1927
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
The rosters I'm using are the slightly re-rated ones. Hackenberg is a 79 and Ferguson is a 75. I bring him in for some read-option stuff though as he's a little quicker than Hackenberg.
Im using Yukon's and Ferguson is slightly more accurate and as you said, quicker.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:18 PM   #1928
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
What's even more funny,during our testing I was finding the cpu QB waaaay to accurate on a lower setting..I wasn't able to see what I wanted till I raised their acc to 70 to start with,before settling on 60....LMAO Crazy ain't it...lol I don't think EA even knows what these sliders do...lol
I'm beginning to think you're on to something re: CPU QB ACC...

The reason they're so deadly accurate at 10 is partly due to the conservative playcalls...

I believe the low setting makes the CPU "perceive" limited deep ball skills, so it calls a lot of screens / high percentage conservative stuff / checks down a lot...

EA sliders stopped being "incremental" (20 is twice as effective as 10 for example), when My Skill came into the mix...

Now it's about "relative (totals and individual slider) values"

Jarodd's sliders are a good example of VERY different numbers bringing about similar result, due to balance, not so much individual or category number or totals...

At 60, the CPU is 10 above default, which is similar to the HUM at 10, in that it's 10 above 0...

I'm sure 60 gives the CPU the "confidence" to sling it around, make riskier / lower percentage throws on a realistic basis, leading to better / look / feel / stats...

Make sense?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »