Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2013, 11:58 PM   #1969
Rookie

Exile04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
So how was the difference from 10 to 5 for you? I assume you can change it in your game too?

I'm not sure what to tell you. Why did you mix them together? What is wrong with SEC's? What is wrong with the OS set?

What I think is wrong is you're trying to apply some of the core fundamentals of two different slider sets to difficulty levels that they haven't been tested on. We never tested 95 thresh with that high of a pcv, or rush defense @ 60 - let alone PBL. The biggest one that stands out - we played 1 full game on AA, said screw that - db glitch, and have never returned.

The balance of sliders are tricky - and they start with difficulty level. I know it's popular to use AA or Heisman, and if we could - we would play on those levels, but why not give these exactly how they look on the OP first?
its not that anything is wrong with either. like you said i was trying to get a low scoring game instead of 45-41's. i trying to get to the point where i have to punt but i can get it to happen. My thought was that if i increase their pCV with 95 thrs on AA it would make coverage better nope not at all. I dont know i dont do alot of slider testing i was jsut trying things.

They hardest thing is getting good games between uneven matched teams. When i used the OS ones a bad team didnt even have a chance i never felt so helpless. but with SEC's i domiante. I think both work with matched teams. I feel like when i use mid tenn state i should have to play perfect to beat VT. But with SEC's i could throw 2 pick and still win

Last edited by Exile04; 08-02-2013 at 12:02 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:19 AM   #1970

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Exactly the reason we switched to Varsity - to face the CPU's defense of varsity that doesn't go super aggressive as much as AA or Heisman consistently. DB glitch does happen - but not to the amount of times AA or Heisman does.

Heisman level offense by the CPU - because we know our defense is intact, so we can control that.

Guys who I know have strong stick skills have suffered some realistic losses - or at least close games. Not every team plays the same, but you really do have to strategize pregame.
Honestly I still dont know what the DB glitch even is so someone will have to explain that one to me. Now if the argument is that on varsity the CPU isnt as aggressive then thats a theory I can buy into and wrap my head around. The biggest issue with Heisman that Ive seen to date is the CPU loves to blitz linebackers leaving the middle wide open, thus the issues with coverage over the middle being non existant. If thats tied to aggressiveness and playing on varsity creates a more stable defense that doesnt tend to blitz 80% of the time then that would certainly lend itself to the outcomes being presented and the reasons for said outcomes.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:29 AM   #1971
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
I tried for two seasons in my dynasty to avoid roster edits. I finally broke down and took 10 points away from the RBK of my oline. Helluva difference. Cutbacks felt so much more rewarding. Thanks again guys!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #1972
Rookie

OVR: 0

Would bumping the game speed up to fast throw these sliders off in any way?
Old 08-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #1973
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I tried for two seasons in my dynasty to avoid roster edits. I finally broke down and took 10 points away from the RBK of my oline. Helluva difference. Cutbacks felt so much more rewarding. Thanks again guys!

If you want a challenge, put it at 55.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by jb12780; 08-02-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:29 AM   #1974
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Matt, I have been using Heisman sliders for quite some time now, still yet to see a DB glitch. I do not know why I am not seeing it but you guys are, no one in my dynasty have.

Chef, I promise you, the zone coverage is amazing with this set. They are sticking to their guy throughout the zone until they pass them off where the other guy meets and follows through his zone.

It looks and plays excellent. This varsity set is a hell of a lot harder than any heisman set I have used, I have tried tons.

Just need to figure out user vs user and these are prime for an OD.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #1975
Rookie

Shockster's Arena

OVR: 1

QB ACC at 0 for USER vs USER on All-American is unplayable. 5-10 works.

Besides that, A+ sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2013, 02:37 PM   #1976
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
If you want a challenge, put it at 55.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
I got a pretty good challenge. I'm in my third year at SJSU so their attributes weren't that good to begin with. My issue is just how defenseless the defense is against the option at times.

Interestingly enough, I thought lowering those attributes helped the defense somehow play it better, but when it worked, it worked for huge chunks of yards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »