Home

Div-II still not in next gen?

This is a discussion on Div-II still not in next gen? within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2010, 04:01 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Div-II still not in next gen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOctober430
This is why TeamBuilder was created. So EA don't have to add FCS schools in the game.

Thats an interesting way to look at it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2010, 04:07 PM   #42
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
So the people that "don't notice" the missing FCS teams don't notice when they have to play some generic team in their dynasty? Its not like this is some superficial feature. These are real teams that FBS schools actually have on their schedules. If the FBS teams never scheduled a game against an FCS team I would not care but they do and some schedule two of them a season at that.
Sometimes the FCS teams beat the FBS teams and the top FCS team are probably a lot better than some of the lower FBS teams.
We need the FCS not because I want as many teams as possible but because they are actually a part of Division 1 FBS football.
It's noticeable to me when my team is locked into playing one on the schedule. Can't remember right now if you can change the teams prior to year one. But after the first year, I just never schedule the generics. If I need a tune up game then I just schedule a lower tier FBS team. So while I do agree that the generics are lame, they don't really have a big impact on my seasons.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:45 PM   #43
Rookie

maxximilllion's Arena

OVR: 1

How can anybody say "It's not a big deal", what? Have you looked at the opening weekend schedule?
Miami Vs Florida A.M.
Cent. Michigan Vs Hampton
West Virginia Vs Coastal Carolina
Penn St. Vs Youngstown St.
Iowa Vs Eastern Illinois
Georgia Tech Vs S. Carolina St.
Missippi Vs Jax St.
BC Vs Weber St.
...just to name a few games

How can you not at least put in a handful of accurate subdivision teams? I know, if you put in a few, people will complain that's not enough. But come on, this is part of collage football and if you say it's not, you're kidding yourself. Ask Michigan fans. Teambuilder is a nice feature, but it's window dressing, you can't remove UTEP and add Richmond, it messes with the integrity of the game. The Devs go throught the trouble of making fake teams with ratings, why not a few real ones.

"If it's in the game, it's in the game", not really
Old 07-01-2010, 05:07 PM   #44
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
What!? Seriously? Game breaker? Wow dude you must not be a fan of NCAA or college football if you won't buy a game cause some crappy FCS schools aren't in it. Lol seriously, even the preseason magazines/websites don't give a crap about them, why do you? Gamebreaker? Can't you just create the schools or download them?
Yeah people dodn't care about FCS football, but schools like Florida A&M, Southern, Grambling, Tennessee State, and Bethune Cookman can sell out NFL sized stadiums on a regular basis.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg n658890890_658753_9193.jpg (82.8 KB, 96 views)
Old 07-01-2010, 05:10 PM   #45
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
It's already been said by one of the developers that the NCAA doesn't want a playoff used in the game. It's one of those image control things.
Image for who???

FCS has a playoff...

*Edit* unless the NCAA doesn't really care about all of it's memeber institutions...

Last edited by TallyBoi7; 07-01-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2010, 05:13 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallyBoi7
Image for who???

FCS has a playoff...
It would be underminding FBS in a way. i mean... i think? plus is would suck only being able to do playoffs with grambling state and florida a&m.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:14 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallyBoi7
Yeah people dodn't care about FCS football, but schools like Florida A&M, Southern, Grambling, Tennessee State, and Bethune Cookman can sell out NFL sized stadiums on a regular basis.
Don't tell the SWAC that. Unless there are a lot of 20,000 seat NFL stadiums.
http://www.swac.org/genrel/081909aae.html
Old 07-01-2010, 05:23 PM   #48
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorse22
It would be underminding FBS in a way. i mean... i think? plus is would suck only being able to do playoffs with grambling state and florida a&m.
Not for me...as FCS football has the playoff system and the BCS schools don't.

I mean if we're going for authentic cllege football then, let us the Football CHAMPIONSHIP Division have our system, and you guys...the Football BOWL Subdivision(aka BCS) have your system.

I mean, I really like the NCAA Football series(after playing the demo) but it's just the lack of FCS schools takes something away from the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »