Home

Here's to Wanting the Chain Gang on the Sidelines...

This is a discussion on Here's to Wanting the Chain Gang on the Sidelines... within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2011, 01:36 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Here's to Wanting the Chain Gang on the Sidelines...

Am I not going to buy NCAA 12 if there is no chain gang? Nope. But I do believe it should be there. When I play any sports game, I like to look around at the environment and love to feel immersed in the atmosphere. Unfortunately EA has been lacking at having any atmosphere in their football games.

Its hard to feel immersed when they lack chain gangs, have cardboard cutouts in the crowd(though thats changed this year), every player on the sideline will clap and fist pump in rhythm even if their team is getting pelted. Sure, the game is making strides visually and is adding in elements to the atmosphere and presentation to make it more lively, but leaving out the simple things is more distracting than implementing the little details. Its nice to have 3d grass and all and I am in love with it already, but the lack of an interactive sideline that looks and behaves real really takes away from the game.

― Plato
Old 04-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #10
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

i would love to see them on the sidelines, but i dont want it like it was in madden every play i run up the middle for 7 yards. MEASURE!! it was annoying and i stopped running the ball
Old 04-24-2011, 09:20 PM   #11
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

This is not an important feature to me at all, but I understand why it is important to some people and I can respect that. I hope you guys get it this year or next
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2011, 10:19 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 5

From an EA marketing standpoint it really doesn't matter if they really improve the game at all, other than some minor gameplay issues that were in last years game and upgrade the rosters and everyone would still buy the game I'm sure.
What I am saying is this. I LOVE what I've seen in NCAA 12 thus far! No doubt about it. I'm saying chain gangs are a part of American football period. No one really is addressing this fact. It like having NBA 2k11 with no key to call offensive and defensive three second calls. (If the key wasn't there the naysayers would say "Oh I never look at the key so why does it matter.") Its apart of the game and really should have never been left out at any point.
People are always trying to make excuses as to why its not there. I'm don't want to clump what I'm saying in with all the other crazy stuff people ask for (ie. ankle brace colors and hair). That's not apart of an everyday football game, where as chain gangs are.
You really can't play a real game without them. Last time I went to the Rose Bowl I don't remember seeing those magical lines on the field. Players are always looking for the first down marker. I think it's hilarious that people are saying yeah who cares, its all about gameplay.

Only time will tell whether they are in or not, I sure hope so.

TMAC
Old 04-24-2011, 11:21 PM   #13
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

OVR: 5

I don't think the chain gang is 100% necessary but it would make the game look more authentic.

My major gripe is the lack of refs spotting the ball. It makes no sense why they're on the field but don't do anything and it make going to the huddle during 2 minute offense a benefit. Most smart teams use hurry up to conserve clock but it uses too much time and you could easily go back to the huddle and call a different play with no penalty. Usually IRL, going to the huddle uses about >30 seconds but in the game it runs about 2 seconds off and really prolongs late drives and could lose you the game.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:24 PM   #14
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

The chain gang is pretty meh to me. If they put it in great if not, that's Okay too. The only other thing I have to say is if they do add them and there's a cut scene involved please give us the ability to skip through it.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 04-24-2011, 11:27 PM   #15
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Being honest...with the 1st down line on the field, I would never look at the chains.

@AdamdotH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2011, 12:38 AM   #16
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Not a deal breaker, but it is disappointing. Especially with details like bowl patches and 3-d grass, I figured they'd go all out. Hopefully next year. Definitely adds to the look of the game. No terrible cutscenes though for them EA, please.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »