Home

My NCAA 14 Wishlist

This is a discussion on My NCAA 14 Wishlist within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2013, 02:11 PM   #1
Rookie

BV11's Arena

OVR: 3
My NCAA 14 Wishlist

1. Footplanting, with realistic change of direction, acceleration, momentum, etc. If this was in place you wouldn't have guys making impossible plays because they couldn't possible be in position to. It would make the game play more like football and less like football on ice.

2. Add More QB ratings. Need Throw Accuracy Short/Medium/Long. Could also use a throw under pressure rating which would determine how accurate a QB is with defenders draped all over him.

3. Re-vamp Dynasty. Dynasty has gotten stale with years of not changing much. They need to overhaul it and bring it a fresh new feel. Let us determine what we want our players to work on throughout their career to determine what they progress in. They need to add in a new potential and work ethic rating to help progression not seem so random. Progression could also be affected by coaches ratings as I discuss below.

4. Copy what Madden did with their schemes and players being rated differently based on which scheme you use. They put this in Madden, but it makes even WAY more sense to be in NCAA because of all of the different systems that teams use in college, and how recruits fit each scheme differently. For example lets say Player A is a QB with 90 speed, 90 acc/agility, 82 Throw Power, 90 Short Accuracy, 75 Medium Accurary, and 50 Deep Accuracy. Now this guy would probably be rated around 90 in Oregon's offense because the main thing they look for is a mobile guy that can make the short throws. This same player might be rated a 70 in USC's scheme because he is ineffective in the intermediate/deep passing game, which USC likes, and they also wouldn't really utilize his mobility.

5. Slow the game down a little bit. Right now the players move way too fast. I understand the college game is fast, but guys are moving around at impossible speeds.

6. Line interaction improvements. I think the pass rush is one of the most important things to fix. As it is right now guys have WAY too much time to sit in the pocket. If you watch a real football game, guys only have about 3 seconds after the snap to get rid of the ball. In this game I would say it is about 5-6 seconds. This also lets guys just be able to throw deep balls all game, because they have all day to get their WR get downfield.

This should be changed so that you actually have to have good protection to throw a deep pass. As it is right now, you can run 4 verts all game because you have all day to sit back in the pocket. They should also add an accuracy penalty if you have defenders all around you as you are throwing. And also could add a throw under pressure rating for QB's to differentiate guys who can throw with defenders all around them.

7. Player model upgrades. The player models have been shaky in NCAA for a while, with Madden starting to get the right idea in this regard. Just take the player models from Madden and it should be fine.

8. New running animations. If they get this right, combined with a footplanting system, that alone would change the look of this game entirely.

9. Different throwing animations. They also need to take this from madden. It is so out of date with every QB throwing exactly the same. Don't know how this hasn't made it in yet, but needs to be in 14'.

10. CHANGE THE BROADCAST FEEL OF THE GAME! I'm tired of these unrealistic replays with the camera chasing the guy down the field. Just make the replay angles the same ones you see on TV and it would be so much better. Have close up views of the huddle every once in a while, cut to the sidelines. Just watch a few real games, and copy the presentation that you see on TV!

11. Make coaches matter, add coach ratings. HC, OC, and DC need to have ratings. These could include recruiting, player progression, team chemistry, gameplanning, coach prestige, etc.

12. More stat overlays, better gameday atmosphere, louder crowds, have crowds affect game more, have guys get rattled.

13. In dynasty, have recruits get re-ranked a couple times throughout the year. In real life these rankings change all the times and guys go up or down in star rankings. Add high school stats to the players to give an idea of how productive they are. Also add a recruit section to guys player cards, where you can see their highschool stats and star ranking out of high school throughout their career. That would you would be able to see which guys started out as 2 star guys but became all-americans, etc. College Hoops 2k8 did this.

14. Improve commentary. Simple as that.

Last edited by BV11; 01-21-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: My NCAA 14 Wishlist

NCAA 14 Wishlist
-Equipment
*New Helmets (Revo 360, Schutt Vengence)
*More Variety of Cleats
*Adidas Gear (Visors, Gloves, Socks)
*Eye Black (One Eye, Both Eyes, or Over The Nose)
*Socks (Elite Socks, Double Socks, Long or Mid Socks)
*Mouth Pieces with Lip Guard
*Basketball Sleeves with Pad
*Compression Pants (Leggings)
*Back Flaps Out
*Have a choice of 2nd Team Color gear
*Towels (Front, Side, or Back)
*Spats

-Road To Glory
*Like NBA 2k My Player. With Coaches Calling and Coaches Coming and Interviewing the player and pursuading them to come to the College and you have the option to answer.
*More High School Team Designs
*ESPN 150 Rankings
*Underarmor All-American Game
*Signing Day. with you picking the hat up between the top 3 school your interested in and putting it on.
*College Summer Workouts like Weightlifting and 40 times
*Mini Camps
*Acual Major and Grades
*Post Game Interviews with you answering the question like 2k.
*Heisman Ceremony like '07 NCAA
*Senior Bowl
*Import into Madden 14
*The ESPN Magazine Covers with Players on the pages instead of Helmets

-Creating Players
*Different Varietys of Hair Cuts
*Diffferent Faces
*You can customize the way they look
*Pick different Strides and Running Styles. Also Quarterback Throwing Motions and Drop backs.

-College Game Day
*Corso Mascot
*Talking about key players
Old 03-15-2013, 01:44 AM   #3
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27

All of these sound awesome. Hopefully the features start leaking out soon.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #4
Just started!

OVR: 0

Run Game - I like that the designers are improving the run game with realistic change of direction, acceleration, and momentum. I would like for there to be a controllable difference when attempting a juke move and when just attempting a simple cut move.

Dynasty - The developers should really bring some more flavor to Dynasty. The scouting isn't to bad, but I'd like for their to be some new factors in scouting like ratings in work ethic, off-field behavior, etc. Weather should also play a part in where a player might want to play in college. The Transfer stage in the offseason should actually work. Each year, surprisingly no one wants to transfer to your school no matter your success. The only time I've seen a transfer is when I simulated pass that stage. It would be cool if we were able to view our previous players that went to the NFL. To see their success and stats for their rookie year would be cool.

Gamedays - As if the crowds aren't loud enough, people want louder crowds. They should affect the game more and get into players' heads more. The Studio Updates are cool, but add a nice halftime show with it. The game announcers should also have more energy and excitement. There are a lot of unrealistic replays in previous NCAA games. Angles like the camera following the player down field just aren't realistic. Make the replays and camera shots similar to those in a real game. Close up views of the huddle, sideline shots and overhead shots just to name a few.

Road to Glory - The senior season can stay. The playoffs, of course, should stay. There should be a signing day ceremony. At the end of the entire high school playoffs, the game should ask for your top three schools who have offered you a scholarship. At the ceremony, your RTG player and his family should be at a table with the three colleges' hats on the table. When making the decision, the player should pick up the hat and wear it, indicating his commitment. Something similar to the draft in NBA 2K. AND BRING BACK THE ABILITY TO IMPORT YOUR PLAYER INTO MADDEN!!!

Gameface - Allow players to import their gameface into NCAA like Madden and FIFA.

Physics - Madden did a good job withe physics engine, but it wasn't a great job. The physics should be brought to NCAA but less sensitive. One negative on Madden's physics is the falling over players after the play is over. guys don't trip like that in real life, so it should be in the game.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:05 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

That's all well and good but they also need to make the computer team smarter to many times have I been losing a game the first half cause I couldn't stop the run come second half though they stop runnin the ball and start passin the ball instead I could stop that and it allowews me to win or the CPU was in field goal range and would've beat me with 4 seconds to go in the game but instead of kick the 30 yrd field goal they run the ball and lose. What they oughta do is make the CPU learn what your doin so it'll force you to be more balanced throughout the game instead of bein able to do the same thing the whole game that and have it where every CPU team plays differently it starts feelin the same from game to game no matter who you play basically make the game harder by makein the computer smarter
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »